***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,110,295 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

My dad used to work at fort Polk as a civilian. We lived I DeRidder. That whole corner of Louisiana sucked, even for Louisiana.

I'm sorry. Just kidding. I requested to be stationed there. I decided i wanted to get out when I was in Korea and couldn't get Fort Hood so Polk was the next choice. Only did 22 months there. In all honesty it wasn't too bad. 3 hours from home, worked with good people, good fishing. Went back a few times over the last couple of years to visit friends and play cheap golf.
titanmaster_race
JABQ04 said:

titanmaster_race said:

My dad used to work at fort Polk as a civilian. We lived I DeRidder. That whole corner of Louisiana sucked, even for Louisiana.

I'm sorry. Just kidding. I requested to be stationed there. I decided i wanted to get out when I was in Korea and couldn't get Fort Hood so Polk was the next choice. Only did 22 months there. In all honesty it wasn't too bad. 3 hours from home, worked with good people, good fishing. Went back a few times over the last couple of years to visit friends and play cheap golf.

The people were nice, and Puds Snowcones still has the best snowcones I've ever had.

But the only grocery stores were Walmart and Beookshire brothers, we had to drive an hour to Lake Charles if we wanted to see a movie, and the high school had a single AP course available.

I'm glad we only stayed 2 years.
astros4545
AG
Rangers about to lose at New York

Chris carter batting
Ag_07
AG
Carter getting booed in the Bronx
astros4545
AG
Yankees walk it off
titanmaster_race
sheesh Hoyt

at least do that to Seager or someone else we hate
ElJefeAG09
AG
Correa fixing to go yard.
bearkatag15
AG
He has to swing the bat first
ElJefeAG09
AG
Called it! HR, dribbler in front of the plate. Almost the same thing.....
titanmaster_race
Hoyt doing Hoyt things.

Straight garbage the last 2 weeks.
Bonfired
AG
It is damn difficult to wild pitch 3 runs in in just one inning, but Hoyt managed to do it.

Just a bad night at the yard.
JABQ04
AG
Our pitchers from tonight need to run at least 20 laps tonight, then walk to the hotel and pack their **** and GTFO.
Ag_07
AG
Hoyt has been trash the past week or so.

He went form being one the more dependable arms in the pen to one of the wildest. He hasn't even been close going back to the inning he hit Pedroia. He's just all over the place.
bobinator
AG
Men, I'm not sure we're going to win this one
Ag_07
AG
Yeah once I pound this last beer I'm done.

Oh yeah...If you want a good laugh before you call it a night the Ranger fanboys are blaming ballpark dimensions for their losses.
bobinator
AG
To be fair, they are bad when they play in a building that has the dimensions of a ballpark. Who knows what they could do if they played inside a church or a gymnatorium or something
titanmaster_race
down 9 runs at the end of the gsme and Tony fkng sipp can't throw a goddammed strike

DFA this worthless bum tonight Luhnow
bobinator
AG
I hate T Sipp on principle but Jesus
tremble
AG
Well, at least we burned ALL the ****ty arms tonight
shano0603
AG
So needs for this team. Front line starter and another bullpen arm, preferably a shut down type guy. I'd prefer a Cole/Watson combo. But I'm open to any of the other names mentioned before. However, I feel that we end up getting a half decent guy who will be in the 3/4 spot in the rotation.

Id also like to add another bad to the lineup. I don't wanna go crazy and get a star or a rental, but I'm not against a middle of the order guy. I think what we need is a lefty that can play 1b and Possibly outfield. Maybe a guy like Smoak, Logan Morrison, Kendrys Morales, Jay Bruce. A guy like Will Myers is a good fit, but they won't trade him and he would cost a load.
ElJefeAG09
AG
100% agree on a Cole/Watson combo as long as they don't give up the farm to acquire them.

Disagree on adding any of those hitters. Smoak is having a career year so far, sure, but Morales and LoMo aren't worth giving up anybody the 'Stros already have. To get Smoak you probably have to dump Yuli (I'm cool with that) and at least one solid pitching prospect. Just don't think it's worth it all things considered.
shano0603
AG
ElJefeAG09 said:

100% agree on a Cole/Watson combo as long as they don't give up the farm to acquire them.

Disagree on adding any of those hitters. Smoak is having a career year so far, sure, but Morales and LoMo aren't worth giving up anybody the 'Stros already have. To get Smoak you probably have to dump Yuli (I'm cool with that) and at least one solid pitching prospect. Just don't think it's worth it all things considered.

It's all about price. LoMo is an expiring contract. Smoak has a very team friend contract and I'm sure he would cost a good prospect.. but imagine taking Yulu/Beltran out of the lineup for a guy that hits .300 and a lot of homers. We're still hoping Beltran turns into what he was.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah...This offense is pretty salty.

I'm passing on giving up anything for a bat. That seems pointless.
Ag_07
AG
Anyone else notice Carter was DFAed today by the Yanks?
shano0603
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah...This offense is pretty salty.

I'm passing on giving up anything for a bat. That seems pointless.

You can always get better. So if one of those guys was available for Teoscar hernandez and Colin Moran, you wouldn't do it?
Ag_07
AG
Is rather include them in a package for pitching. Whether it be a starter or a BP arm.

I just don't think we need to be spending resources on offense. That's what the free agent additions were for and they've been fine.

Also have to look at where those guys would fit in. OF is already stacked, IF is already stacked, and they ain't catching. If they DH you're taking ABs away from Beltran which I'm not sure I agree with. I just don't see room.
astros4545
AG
The Club Pirates would like to officially congratulate Tanner Duncan, the newest member of the Houston Astros. Our first to ever do it!!!

Astros signed a player from East Carolina Club Baseball team, pretty cool story
SA-AG72
AG
Astros' 9th round pick, Michael Papierski, with 2 bombs today for LSU vs Oregon St.
gougler08
AG
SA-AG72 said:

Astros' 9th round pick, Michael Papierski, with 2 bombs today for LSU vs Oregon St.

In the 5 or so games I've watched LSU play, guy is a great defensive catcher so if there's some power as well, could end up being a great pick
jah003
S
Long time lurker here...

Family and I are going to the game Thursday (June 29th). Haven't been to Minute Maid in quite some time. What would be our best options for parking around the stadium? Mind you this is a day game...
DVC2010
AG
I usually park on the other side of 59. There is a lot of free street parking in the area. Worst-case, I end up by 8th Wonder.
Mr.Bond
AG
jah003 said:

Long time lurker here...

Family and I are going to the game Thursday (June 29th). Haven't been to Minute Maid in quite some time. What would be our best options for parking around the stadium? Mind you this is a day game...

Ninfas
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

maca1028
jah003 said:

Long time lurker here...

Ninfas on navigation runs a free shuttle to and from the stadium.
Edit...sorry, I overlooked Mr. Bonds reply.
DVC2010
AG
I didn't know that. Best news I've heard this season.
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

jah003 said:

Long time lurker here...

Ninfas on navigation runs a free shuttle to and from the stadium.
Seems like that will be our best option. Do they have a $ amount on the amount of food you have to order for the shuttle? We weren't looking to eat lunch there, but would grab a few apps.
First Page Last Page
Page 418 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.