***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,167 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Cen-Tex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'Stros offense needs a jump start. Scoring 1 run ain't gonna win you many games.
SA-AG72
AG
Whose our starting pitcher tonight?
agdaddy04
AG
We were hoping Wednesday was that jump start
Agnzona
tremble said:

Way too much melting considering we beat ourselves with bad baserunning mistakes and had some bad luck on Aoki's hit.

Especially when we're down 4/5 of our presumptive SPs for more than a month this year so far. We're still 11 games ahead of the Rangers.

You realize that could be gone in 5 weeks easily.
irish pete ag06
AG
Agnzona said:

tremble said:

Way too much melting considering we beat ourselves with bad baserunning mistakes and had some bad luck on Aoki's hit.

Especially when we're down 4/5 of our presumptive SPs for more than a month this year so far. We're still 11 games ahead of the Rangers.

It won't. Hope this helps.
Ag_07
AG
Agnzona said:

tremble said:

In the next 5 weeks our current starting pitchers will be back in AAA, Dallas and LMJ will be back, the bullpen will be rested, and we will be adding AT LEAST another ace.

Given all that I expect that 11 game lead to actually increase.
Agmaniacmike12
What are the odds that Martes sticks around and Peacock goes back to the pen until Morton comes back?
tremble
AG
I wouldn't bother trading for an "ace" at this point. Fiers has been really good his last 4 starts and has a 1.30ish ERA in June so far.

With McCullers and Keuchel on programs and shortly back with the team I'd let Martes/Paulino/Musgrove fight and get experience during this stretch at the 4/5 spot. I'm definitely willing to consider a big trade for a dominant bullpen arm though.
titanmaster_race
you're assuming keuchel and mccullers don't hit the dl again for a significant stretch, which is probably unlikely given the nature of keuchel 's injury and lances history, and that is also assuming Fiers continues to pitch at a level significant above his career numbers

I don't know that we need an outright ace, but certainly at least 1 solid starter
JABQ04
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

What are the odds that Martes sticks around and Peacock goes back to the pen until Morton comes back?

If we get the Martes from a few days ok, I'll be perfectly fine with that.
ElJefeAG09
AG
Agnzona said:

tremble said:

It could also be back up to 20 games in 5 weeks. It's baseball man, there are going to be alot of ups and downs in 162 games. I think they'll add a #3 type pitcher to the rotation and another bullpen arm before all is said and done. Add that in with the fact that DK and LMJ will be back with fewer innings pitched at that point than most teams' other 1-2 combos and I think it'll be all good.

There is my daily dose of optimism.
irish pete ag06
AG
ElJefeAG09 said:

Agnzona said:

tremble said:

It could also be back up to 20 games in 5 weeks. It's baseball man, there are going to be alot of ups and downs in 162 games. I think they'll add a #3 type pitcher to the rotation and another bullpen arm before all is said and done. Add that in with the fact that DK and LMJ will be back with fewer innings pitched at that point than most teams' other 1-2 combos and I think it'll be all good.

There is my daily dose of optimism.

Not allowed. Sky is falling.
maca1028
About to head out to the ballpark, hopefully my presence will help turn things around.
CSWendt
AG
I think the biggest reason to not worry about our lead slipping away isn't with how we are playing, it's the fact that our division just isn't good enough to overtake us. We are over 1/3 of the season and nobody is over .500, nor have they been for any significant stretch.
DVC2010
AG
CSWendt said:

I think the biggest reason to not worry about our lead slipping away isn't with how we are playing, it's the fact that our division just isn't good enough to overtake us. We are over 1/3 of the season and nobody is over .500, nor have they been for any significant stretch.

This is also why I'm confident in a couple more impressive winning streaks. We have some bad opponents.
dave94
AG
Whoops!
cone
JABQ04
AG
What channel is this game on? Not seeing it on Root.
Bonfired
AG
JABQ04 said:

What channel is this game on? Not seeing it on Root.

FOX tonight, ESPN tomorrow night
CFTXAG10
AG
Section 155 by the pen tonight
bearkatag15
AG
Not a fan of the baby blue colors today for Father's Day.
ClickClack
AG
Paulino's command lacking a bit so far
Mr.Bond
AG
Prostate cancer awareness. My dad had it and beat it. I'm cool with it for a weekend if it helps fight the fight
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Prostate cancer awareness. My dad had it and beat it. I'm cool with it for a weekend if it helps fight the fight

Oh didn't realize that was the reason for the color change. Glad your dad was able to beat that though. Hope I didn't offend anyone
ClickClack
AG
Noice. 1-0 stros.
agdaddy04
AG
Step on his throat
mAgnoliAg
AG
cap-n-jack
Yep
And moved a runner up
Agmaniacmike12
Cameraman trying to tease us.
agdaddy04
AG
Good two strike protection
cap-n-jack
Manufacturing runs
Mr.Bond
AG
No offense at all
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

tremble
AG
Nice start
CSWendt
AG
Difference between this year and last year: being able to get 2 runs with bases loaded without getting a hit. Team does the fundamental hitting things well more times than not.
shano0603
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Cameraman trying to tease us.

I think it was from how the center fielder was standing.
First Page Last Page
Page 377 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.