***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,155 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Righties are 2 for 58 vs Kimbrel this year.
titanmaster_race
forgot how stupid kimbrel looks on the mound
Ag_07
AG
Why'd we take Giles instead of him?
Buck Compton
AG
We haven't swung at a single pitch yet in the 9th....
bearkatag15
AG
Bregman on deck. Really want Marwin's lefty bat next
Ag_07
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bregman on deck. Really want Marwin's lefty bat next

I'm not sure Marwin is completely right with his hand.
ElJefeAG09
AG
Beltran just getting owned
Mathguy64
AG
Swing at the big hook stare at the flat one.
ElJefeAG09
AG
I'm not saying I could hit kimbrel, I'd look like an idiot against the BP coach these days, but it can't be fun to come off the bench and see this guy
TXAG14
Just an awful game.
Mathguy64
AG
Really feel like that one got away.
bearkatag15
AG
Crappy performance tonight from our offense. Clutch hitting wasn't there, baserunning was horrible
cap-n-jack
Yep. We should've really touched that starter up.
Ag_07
AG
This is completely on the offense.

I can't ask Fiers and a worn out BP to not give up any runs. I can ask for this offense to put up more than 1.
Aggie8587
AG
This team honestly is dog**** compared to what we saw 3 weeks ago. No two ways around it.

The sad part is that it's mostly the offense and not the pitching that's been so terrible. Locked in a losing homestand with tonight's loss...
titanmaster_race
silver lining, Fiers went deep in the game and got a few bullpen arms some more rest
JABQ04
AG
Man. We were worried our pitching was going to suck during this time. I've been pleasantly surprised with our makeshift staring rotation. Our offense has **** the bed (with the exception of the last game against the Rangers).
Buck Compton
AG
mathguy86 said:

Really feel like that one got away.
Running the bases like a six year old will do that. Fun times. Now we have to find a way to win during two horrendous pitching matchups.
titanmaster_race
Aggie8587 said:

This team honestly is dog**** compared to what we saw 3 weeks ago. No two ways around it.

The sad part is that it's mostly the offense and not the pitching that's been so terrible. Locked in a losing homestand with tonight's loss...

It's par for the course for every homestand this season. The offense completely shuts down at home, and the pitching is usually great. Incredibly frustrating. No home field advantage at all.
aggie0109
AG
Other than Wednesday night and a few other outliers this offense is pathetic at MMP
JABQ04
AG
On a positive note, still the best team in baseball. Our two SP seem to be back on track to get back in the rotation. And I'll be in 113 Sunday.
DVC2010
AG
Frustrating game...
TXAG14
Watching this team destroy their opponent on the road then come to MMP and play like dog **** is infuriating.
DVC2010
AG
But it was great to meet Irish Pete and CSWendt. Hope to see more of you guys in the future. And the rest of you, let me know when you're around for a game. I rarely miss a home game.
Aggie8587
AG
JABQ04 said:

On a positive note, still the best team in baseball. Our two SP seem to be back on track to get back in the rotation. And I'll be in 113 Sunday.
When are we going to stop using the "still the best team in baseball" excuse for this team?

The Astros (right now) are not even one of the top 15 teams in baseball.
TXAG14
JABQ04 said:

On a positive note, still the best team in baseball.

Hell no. Not even close right now. They have lost seven of the last ten.
DVC2010
AG
Aggie8587 said:

JABQ04 said:

When are we going to stop using the "still the best team in baseball" excuse for this team?

The Astros (right now) are not even one of the top 15 teams in baseball.

It's like some of you have never watched baseball before. It's a game with extremely high variance. Chill.
CSWendt
AG
DVC2010 said:

But it was great to meet Irish Pete and CSWendt. Hope to see more of you guys in the future. And the rest of you, let me know when you're around for a game. I rarely miss a home game.

Enjoyed it!
irish pete ag06
AG
You guys are right. This will probably continue another 3+ months.
irish pete ag06
AG
CSWendt said:

DVC2010 said:

Enjoyed it!

Great to meet some fellow TOFA patrons.
bearkatag15
AG
Snap shot of the Cubs June/July wins/losses last year...

Lots of L's... including a 5-15 stretch

We can come out of this funk and still kick ass

txag614
It's time for Beltran and Gattis to not hit in the 4/5 spots anymore.
titanmaster_race
and they didn't have any injuries to their rotation
JABQ04
AG
I'm as bad as the next guy, but Jesus Christ. First rough patch of the season and some of y'all need your shoelaces and shaving razors taken away. Our rotation is not what we thought due to injuries. Our offense is slumping. Still right around 100 games to play. I'm well aware of our current issues, but if you expected to go .700 win percentage until the end then I admire your optimism. Our team has issues, mainly dumb baserunning. We had opportunities last night to capitalize and we made the mistakes, the Red Sox didn't. This team has the best shot at a WS run of basically any Astros team to take the field since 2005. Let's chill and enjoy baseball.
tremble
AG
Way too much melting considering we beat ourselves with bad baserunning mistakes and had some bad luck on Aoki's hit.

Especially when we're down 4/5 of our presumptive SPs for more than a month this year so far. We're still 11 games ahead of the Rangers.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.