***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,311,798 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggie1906 said:

So 4 of us read the same thing and all came up with 4 different packages.

hey now, we aren't rangers prospects in Venezuela, so let's not compare packages
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Ag_07 said:

He's saying Martes, Perez, Davis, Teoscar.

He's essentially saying we don't want to move Tucker and since Fischer look like he could help this year let's assume we want to keep him.

I think if we see Fisher as a solid piece then we could manage to part with Tucker or vice versa. Start with Martes and include one of Fisher/Tucker then fill in from there.

Davis is fair game since Bregman essentially has 3B locked up and with our OF talent here and in the system we have room to make a nice package.
I'm on the fence about this combo, which probably means its close to fair value.
Farmer1906
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Ag_07 said:

He's saying Martes, Perez, Davis, Teoscar.

He's essentially saying we don't want to move Tucker and since Fischer look like he could help this year let's assume we want to keep him.

I think if we see Fisher as a solid piece then we could manage to part with Tucker or vice versa. Start with Martes and include one of Fisher/Tucker then fill in from there.

Davis is fair game since Bregman essentially has 3B locked up and with our OF talent here and in the system we have room to make a nice package.
I'm on the fence about this combo, which probably means its close to fair value.
Agreed.

Maybe even see if we can switch Paulino and Martes. After seeing his stuff at the big league level I like it. I like it A LOT.
Ag_07
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

I'm on the fence about this combo

Which one?

Martes, Perez, Davis and Teoscar? I do that in a heartbeat for Quintana.

You essentially replace Martes in the rotation with Q and keep Tucker and Fisher. Count me in on this one.
irish pete ag06
AG
DVC2010 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

DVC2010 said:

Pre-game brew at the St. Arnold Bar?

Got the 2 year old with me but I should be able to pull that off.

To be clear, I mean the St. Arnold's Bar in the stadium, not the brewery.

Yes. It's right near our seats so I should be able to pull it off.
DVC2010
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

how do you get tickets to that Budweiser section?

I havent paid for astros tickets in 10 years due to work..

Looks like Budweiser Brewhouse seats are $85-100 each, depending on the game. I think you have to book a whole section.
gigemJTH12
AG
where you seeing that?
DVC2010
AG
It was in an email from my account manager.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
We have a one game sample from a rookie, so its anyone's guess, but Martes' performance on Wednesday makes me hesitant.

Edit: I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to MLB trade values, Quintana's season so far is just so lackluster.
Ag_07
AG
Oh I'm by no means putting a bunch of stock in Fisher's one game. I trust the front office to be able to look at Tucker and Fisher and project if they are close enough that if we lose one the other can produce the same numbers.

And I'm considering it a forgone conclusion that Martes is gone. I don't see any team parting with a solid starter without getting Martes in return. It sucks I know, but if you're replacing him with a Gray, Archer, Cole type pitcher then I can stomach that.

As far as Quintana if it's not a health problem and we see that he has the same stuff as he's always had then I have no problem trading for him. A 1/3 of a season on a last place team with trade rumors rampant isn't going to change my perception. I'll take him

I really like Ivan Nova. He hasn't been mentioned much but he's under team control until 2019 at 8.6M per year. His ERA is at 2.83 with a 3.5 FIP, 0.8 HR/9, 0.7 BB/9, 50% GB%, and he's averaged 6.8 IP per start.
irish pete ag06
AG
Martes is such a good piece. But if we hang onto Paulino... I reckon I could swallow it.
CSWendt
AG
I'll try to swing by Arnold's sometime around 6:15-6:30.
coastalAg
AG
I would probably do that trade, even though I do love Perez. We have enough pitching depth to absorb their losses. Teoscar and JD have no spot in Houston for the foreseeable future and are ideal trade candidates.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
When thinking about any potential trades you have to remember the draft that just happened. Had extra picks from the cardinals hacking incident and went pretty heavy on pitching if I recall correct.

The pitcher heavy draft made me think even more so that they will go for a big deal.
Farmer1906
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

When thinking about any potential trades you have to remember the draft that just happened. Had extra picks from the cardinals hacking incident and went pretty heavy on pitching if I recall correct.

The pitcher heavy draft made me think even more so that they will go for a big deal.
Not only did we go pitching, but they're almost all college arms.

J.B. Bukauskas (15)
Corbin Martin (56)
Tyler Ivey (91)
Peter Soloman (121)
Parker Mushinski (211)

All born in 95 or 96 so they shouldn't be long for the minors if they're actually good. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone as early as next year. 2019 & 2020 should be the years though.
irish pete ag06
AG
https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2017/6/14/15788230/altuve-springer-correa-bregman-gonzalez-astros-historic-offense

money quote

Quote:

If we look at the league's history since 1920, the start of the live-ball era, and sort by wRC+, the current Astros team currently ranks 15th on the list, tied with several other teams. That is 15th out of 2,162 entries. As one would expect, the 1927 Yankees are at the top of the list.
DVC2010
AG
aggie1906 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

J.B. Bukauskas (15)
Corbin Martin (56)
Tyler Ivey (91)
Peter Soloman (121)
Parker Mushinski (211)

All born in 95 or 96 so they shouldn't be long for the minors if they're actually good. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone as early as next year. 2019 & 2020 should be the years though.

Don't remember if we've discussed it on this thread, but Bukauskas is projecting as one of the first in this draft class to reach the majors.
titanmaster_race
irish pete ag06 said:

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2017/6/14/15788230/altuve-springer-correa-bregman-gonzalez-astros-historic-offense

money quote

Quote:

If we look at the league's history since 1920, the start of the live-ball era, and sort by wRC+, the current Astros team currently ranks 15th on the list, tied with several other teams. That is 15th out of 2,162 entries. As one would expect, the 1927 Yankees are at the top of the list.

bearkatag15
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

money quote

Quote:

We dropped to 31st on that list since the article was published I guess... unless he mistakenly confused this year's team with the '98 Astros team who is also 15th.
Farmer1906
AG
DVC2010 said:

aggie1906 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

J.B. Bukauskas (15)
Corbin Martin (56)
Tyler Ivey (91)
Peter Soloman (121)
Parker Mushinski (211)

Don't remember if we've discussed it on this thread, but Bukauskas is projecting as one of the first in this draft class to reach the majors.

He'd reach it as a bullpen arm. Supposedly he only has 2 pitches developed.
bigbass1170
AG
Sounds like he worked on his change this year and it has become a decent third pitch. If he puts the work that McCullers did with his change, we'll hopefully see similar results.
irish pete ag06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

money quote

Quote:

We dropped to 31st on that list since the article was published I guess... unless he mistakenly confused this year's team with the '98 Astros team who is also 15th.
Good find. Looks like he made a mistake there.
irish pete ag06
AG
I've read that Bukauskas' fastball slider is ML ready which would make him a capable bullpen arm, supposedly right now. The change is the key to his starter capability. I'm hoping they develop him and I'm sure that's the plan. Could be nice to have if/when Martes is traded.
E
AG
How often are pitchers drafted in first round to be a non- starter in a non-closing bullpen position?

irish pete ag06
AG
Brandon Finnegan killed it out of the Royals pen the same year he was drafted. He's never been the same since as a starter.
Farmer1906
AG
E said:

How often are pitchers drafted in first round to be a non- starter in a non-closing bullpen position?

I don't think we drafted him as a bullpen arm, but he's he getting the major this year or the opening roster of next year I think it'll be as a bullpen arm. He still needs to develop to be a starter at the MLB level.
Ag_07
AG
E said:

I don't think anyone is saying he won't be a starter, but if he came up right now he'd be a BP arm.
astros4545
AG
Yuli starting over Marwin again
irish pete ag06
AG
Here.
DVC2010
AG
I'm across the street. I'm in a black shirt, home cap, and carrying an Astros backpack.

And now I'm by the bar.
irish pete ag06
AG
By st Arnold's bar but about to check this stroller. Orange shirt navy and white masters hat.
CSWendt
AG
Parking now. Probably be there 6:45

Correa Jersey with 3/4 orange under shirt
DVC2010
AG
I couldn't find a stroller. At least not one preceding an orange shirt. I'm standing literally right at the end of the St. Arnold bar. Not going to move from this spot until one or both of you show up.
maca1028
Section 116 tomorrow!
irish pete ag06
AG
We are here.
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.