***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,312,492 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I mean.... that would be overachieving if injuries continue to plague the rotation

50 second mark. LMJ's DL stint is straight innings relief.

I'll give you Morton and Keuchel, but LMJ is nothing to worry about at the moment.
Buck Compton
AG
I don't buy it. If it's innings relief then I have a serious problem with their timing and question their decision-making ability.

Baseball is a streaky game and sometimes you need a pitcher to step up and stop the bleeding. Let him take a break later in the season once our rotation is a bit more healthy and you can have a fully-rested bullpen on the start he misses. Not right in the middle of a slump, when the bullpen already hit empty two weeks ago and is hobbling along.

You're exacerbating the issue by taking his break now.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Well, the gf bought tickets a couple weeks ago for tomorrow's game. Of all the B squad starters I could have potentially watched, I'm pretty content that it'll be Martes' first big league start. Hopefully the bats will warm back up and the pitchers finally read the memo about not needing to pitch to Rat Odor's strike zone to get swinging strikes.
Ag_07
AG
Pirates sign Shane Baz

I honestly thought only the hometown team would be able to sign him so I'm interested to hear how much over slot they paid.

Also good that he's not going to TCU.
. . .
Derek Fisher called up.
gigemJTH12
AG
J_R said:

Derek Fisher called up.
E
AG
Reddick being sent to DL?
Mr.Bond
AG
What's the corresponding 40 man move
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Mr.Bond
AG
J_R said:

Derek Fisher called up.

Can he pitch?

Half joking
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

titanmaster_race
I believe another "**** you" is deserved to C.B. Bucknor & Co.

What a sheety group of umpires who completely changed the game last night with their sheetiness.
Ag_07
AG
What's the saying...If you know an official's name he is probably worthless.
titanmaster_race
Ag_07 said:

How he still has a job is beyond me. The only other people in the world who suck that bad at their jobs yet don't get fired are politicians.
irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Ag_07 said:

How he still has a job is beyond me. The only other people in the world who suck that bad at their jobs yet don't get fired are politicians.

Affirmative action?
Mr.Bond
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Ag_07 said:

And weatherman

MAGA

titanmaster_race
irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Ag_07 said:

Affirmative action?

Disagree, because when has any umpire been fired for being a terrible umpire? The worst punishment they get is not being selected for the playoffs.
Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Bond said:

titanmaster_race said:

Ag_07 said:

And weatherman
And Tony Sipp
rosco511
AG
Do you think Sipp could get DFA'd to make room for Fisher?
Ag_07
AG
rosco511 said:

They're not dumping any BP arms for a position player
Farmer1906
AG
rosco511 said:

No, we cannot afford to get rid of arms right now.

I think Tucker is the on the chopping block. He's 26 and slashing .262 / .306 / .463 / .768 in triple A.
rosco511
AG
I think Tucker is likely candidate but is Sipp really an arm when you cannot even trust to pitch him in a blowout situation?
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

Pirates sign Shane Baz

I honestly thought only the hometown team would be able to sign him so I'm interested to hear how much over slot they paid.

Also good that he's not going to TCU.

They had a deal in place with him to go to Astros if he fell

Source: his high school head coach
Ag_07
AG
rosco511 said:

I think Tucker is likely candidate but is Sipp really an arm when you cannot even trust to pitch him in a blowout situation?

Right now if you're breathing you're an asset to the BP. Especially if you're being paid what Sipp is being paid.

It's not gonna happen.

I would love for it to happen but right now is the worst possible time to be picky about who throws out of the pen.
CSWendt
AG
Taking my Dad to the game tonight for early Father's day. This game feels like one from 4 years ago. Where I am excited to see the young players called up, but don't have much expectation at winning.
Ag_07
AG
Quick off topic question...When should we worry about Alex Bregman?

He's been struggling all season and never has really hit his stride. Seems like he's nowhere near what we were hoping or expecting after last year.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Outsiders view seems like a sophomore slump now that other teams have a good report on him. Mazara hit that late last year and is still going through it to an extent. Not sure I'd worry too much a third of the way through the year and especially not with the surrounding lineup. You'd have to assume they'll be able to keep the pressure off him more than not.
gigemJTH12
AG
he's played the equivalent of 2/3 of a season in the pros
russ05
AG
He's 23 with less than a full season in the majors after less than 600 AB in the minors. I wouldn't think we'd panic yet.

I don't know that he'll ever put up all-star numbers for a 3B though. Much more valuable at SS.
CFTXAG10
AG
CSWendt said:

Taking my Dad to the game tonight for early Father's day. This game feels like one from 4 years ago. Where I am excited to see the young players called up, but don't have much expectation at winning.
1) Great way to celebrate Fathers Day
2) I think Martes surprises us tonight and has a pretty good outing. We need to wake the bats up for him.
coastalAg
AG
Bregman is hitting too many ground balls right now. Almost every erything else in his peripheral numbers is the same as last year or better. Needs to elevate the ball more.
Ag_07
AG
Seems to me like when he does hit a line drive it's smoked right at someone.
Beau Bevers
AG
I was more excited about the Astros picking me than where I got picked in the draft.

SIAP

Gig'em, Corbin
DVC2010
AG
Ag_07 said:

Seems to me like when he does hit a line drive it's smoked right at someone.

Last year's BABIP on line drives was .667. So far this year, it's .548. You're not wrong.
Frok
AG
Going to my first game in over a year tonight.
aTm2004
AG
Lance reads TexAgs

First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.