***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,312,598 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Rangers play at brutal pace.
TXAG14
Just pitiful. Was looking forward to going to the game tomorrow. Not so much now.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
TXAG14 said:

Just pitiful. Was looking forward to going to the game tomorrow. Not so much now.

You'll get to see martes pitch, that'll be worth it either way.
Aggie8587
AG
There's no denying how bad this team is playing right now. And don't say injuries, the starting pitchers aren't the ones having one terrible plate appearance after another.
irish pete ag06
AG
Aggie8587 said:

There's no denying how bad this team is playing right now. And don't say injuries, the starting pitchers aren't the ones having one terrible plate appearance after another.
You're right. We suck. Trade everyone for prospects. DFA Jim Crane. Turn MMP into a parking garage.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Feliz throwing cheese tonight. 99 damn
cap-n-jack
Yeah but as has been discussed here ad infinitum it is clear that the hitters are pressing knowing they've got to put runs in the board. We're simply not working pitchers like we have in the past.
Frok
AG
Remember in 2015 when this team was awesome at home and terrible on the road? Exact opposite now.

Slump buster is needed.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Aggie8587 said:

You're right. We suck. Trade everyone for prospects. DFA Jim Crane. Turn MMP into a parking garage.

He said "right now" -- and you really can't deny that...
Aggie8587
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Aggie8587 said:

"How bad this team is playing right now"

They'll get back on track I'm sure, but the Rangers' win streak isn't being matched by our guys this time around.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I love that shlt right there
6-4-3
AG
All you middle class families from Lake Charles and Victoria and Beaumont and Brenham, please stay at home. We played better at home when nobody came.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dang Gattis only has 4 bombs?
irish pete ag06
AG
Aggie8587 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Aggie8587 said:

"How bad this team is playing right now"

They'll get back on track I'm sure, but the Rangers' win streak isn't being matched by our guys this time around.
And what's that got the Rangers? They'll be 11 games back in mid June, assuming they win this one.
Buck Compton
AG
And then probably 10 back tomorrow unless this team wakes up.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Yuli missed a cement mixer
irish pete ag06
AG
Buck Compton said:

Yep, and I'm sure they'll be 3-4 games up when we don't win another game before the all star break.

We will be fine.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If martes goes out tomorrow and plants one in odors hip, he will be my favorite pitcher of all time.
Frok
AG
Lost 6 of 8. That choke against KC has caused a nosedive.

W
AG
the 'stros have definitely hit a rough patch. Not playing well right now
monarch
S
Rougned Odor is flat out ugly.
Frok
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

If martes goes out tomorrow and plants one in odors hip, he will be my favorite pitcher of all time.

How about just get him out?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
monarch said:

Rougned Odor is flat out ugly.

So is his brother, roughned odor
digging tunnels
AG
when did Josh Beckett become a post game analyst on Root?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Frok said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

How about just get him out?

Nah.
Mr.Bond
AG
digging tunnels said:

when did Josh Beckett become a post game analyst on Root?

Been on sporadically..... And he's been pretty tough to watch imo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

aggiematt235
AG
Staff injuries and Altuve at home are killing any momentum we built earlier this year.
irish pete ag06
AG
Cubs had stretches of 5-8, 1-6, and 1-9 last year. This happens to even the best of baseball teams. We will be fine.
Ag_07
AG
It's a twofold issue.

You aren't going to win many games when you're asking your BP to get you 12 outs each and every night. Throw in that they have a margin of error of at most 2 runs and it's a recipe for a rough stretch.

I just can't get over how depleted we are right now and how this rotation has an inability to pitch a decent amount of innings. I can't remember seeing a team being so decimated.
Buck Compton
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Buck Compton said:

Yep, and I'm sure they'll be 3-4 games up when we don't win another game before the all star break.

We will be fine.
I know this is an exaggeration, but not far from it right now. This is how you sound.

Offense can't hit right now and our pitching staff is in absolute shambles. I don't believe for a second Keuchel or McCullers are just going to come back and be 100% given their injuries. They're already on their second DL stint.
Buck Compton
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Cubs had stretches of 5-8, 1-6, and 1-9 last year. This happens to even the best of baseball teams. We will be fine.
I don't know how to get this through.... These aren't normal ebbs and flows. This is a complete and utter lack of a major-league caliber starting rotation due to injuries. Which is cascading to the bullpen.

Offensively, yes, these are normal ebbs and flows mixed with our inexplicable inability to score runs at home. Pitching-wise, they are not.
Ag_07
AG
I will say the offense I'm not worried about. Just an ebb and flow. there was no way they were going to keep up that torrid pace.

I am worried about the pitching situation. No one in that BP is worth a fck right now and the starters struggle to reach 5 IP. Hell even healthy Lance doesn't typically go very deep.

I think Lunhow needs to get 2 arms. Obviously a front end big name along with another Mike Fiers type who can start or do long relief. And not necessarily at the same time. I wouldn't be opposed to getting the stop gap now for a lotto ticket or two.
Aggie8587
AG
Buck Compton said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I don't know how to get this through.... These aren't normal ebbs and flows. This is a complete and utter lack of a major-league caliber starting rotation due to injuries. Which is cascading to the bullpen.

Offensively, yes, these are normal ebbs and flows mixed with our inexplicable inability to score runs at home. Pitching-wise, they are not.

This x1,000

We haven't hit the ball at home all season and we're in the middle of having 4/5 of our rotation out for at least 3 weeks and even when the pitching does fairly well (tonight) we can't swing the bats.

This has the makings of a potentially season-changing stretch if we don't get it together.
irish pete ag06
AG
We can literally go .500 the rest of the season and get to 92 wins. That will very damn likely be enough to win the west considering everyone else is mediocre.

If you think this team will go .500 the rest of the season, then I'll just get out of the way and let yal go cliff diving.
titanmaster_race
I mean.... that would be overachieving if injuries continue to plague the rotation
First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.