***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,331,829 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
CSWendt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In case you didn't know: The Torchy's area is first come first serve with any ticket. So if you bought a nosebleed seat and got there early enough you could watch the game from center field
Ag_07
AG
This year. Caught me by surprise and had to scrounge the interwebs for a Honda FOB.
BigPuma
AG
CSWendt said:

In case you didn't know: The Torchy's area is first come first serve with any ticket. So if you bought a nosebleed seat and got there early enough you could watch the game from center field
Good to know
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
It was Mazda previously right?

So how exactly does that work, just show them you have a ticket and a Honda key and you get to go hang out in there?
YellAg2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

This year. Caught me by surprise and had to scrounge the interwebs for a Honda FOB.
Did you find one? I did a quick search and everywhere I clicked seemed like I was one click away from having 10 viruses downloaded and my identity stolen.
pnsagdad
yes. Also, they dont really check tickets at the sections in the club level. Just be polite and wait a few innings and find you an empty seat.

Also, (dont reccomend this but I used to do this in my hooligan days)....When you go up the escalators to the club level instead of going right towards the entrance where the guy is checking tickets, go to the left at the stairwell exit. Open the door into the stairwell and you will see another door. Open that one and its the back exit into the club level. Never checked, never locked.

irish pete ag06
AG
cpsencik04 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Frok said:

jbanda said:

For those of you with young kids, what's the Astros policy on tickets for kids younger than 2? Is it like Aggie games where everyone needs a ticket?

Edit: Nevermind. Kids under 2 are free.

That age is easy, they just sit on your lap. Ages 2-4 are darn near impossible to enjoy the game because they can't sit still.
Can confirm.

This is a pic of my near 2 year old last season running his 500th lap around the club level. I highly recommend bargain hunting for club level tickets if you have a kid. Way less crowded, so it's easier to let the kid roam and follow them around in there.
That is really cool you were able to get the little man a game used Altuve jersey!
We went to get him one, but it was too small on him so we went with the shirsey version.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I found one on Ebay but it was tough. Most of them don't have Honda on them so I had to look for a while.

And yeah just get in the main gate with your ticket then flash your key at the Club Level entrance and they let you in and hand you a wristband. You obviously don't have seats but we just hop around or stand at the bar and watch.

Or if any of you or your wives own a Honda you're obviously good to go. Plus you get free parking in some lot that's not too far from MM.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yeah I found one on Ebay but it was tough. Most of them don't have Honda on them so I had to look for a while.

And yeah just get in the main gate with your ticket then flash your key at the Club Level entrance and they let you in and hand you a wristband. You obviously don't have seats but we just hop around or stand at the bar and watch.

Is it one fob per group or do you need a fob per person?
Ag_07
AG
Supposed to be one FOB gets you 4 people but we've gone up there with probably 6-8 and they don't say anything.

Just play it cool and don't be a deek and they usually don't care. Same with bouncing around in other people's seats. Be polite, move when you need to and it's no big deal.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Nothing new here, but a fun read anyway:

Astros: Most Fun Team To Watch
Texaggie7nine
Ag_07 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I highly recommend bargain hunting for club level tickets if you have a kid. Way less crowded, so it's easier to let the kid roam and follow them around in there.

Or just buy a Honda key and buy the cheapest $6 nosebleeds and get free range in the club level.

But you didn't hear that from me.
Is it Honda this year?!! I still have my Mazda key off ebay for last season.
7nine
jbanda
AG
Honda FOB..great to know since we'll be taking my wife's Honda Pilot to any game we go to. Are the ticket checkers standing at the seats or just at the entrance to the club level?
E
AG
So wait, if you have a Honda key (like on your keychain) all you have to do is flash it to the ticket checker and you get access to the second deck?

That would be amazing cause that is the best deck if you have to take a dump and like to do it in peace.

I might go forward with buying the accord I wanted to get for driving to work and practicing real estate on the side...
Texaggie7nine
They check you to enter the club level for sure.
There are ushers at many of the doors. If they are still doing the same as last year, they give you a wristband when you get in with a key. So ushers know to look for that if you are in seats, i've seen several people kicked out of seats for that reason. So cut it off your wrist after you get in.

What I do is get there an hour early and just sit at the bar that faces the field and watch the whole game there. There are only about 12 seats and they fill up fast.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

In addition, the Houston Astros and Honda want to reward all Honda drivers with free access to the concourse of the all-new Honda Club Level. Show your Honda key at the entrances to the Honda Club Level to check out the area and enjoy the all new food and beverage options*.
Texaggie7nine
Well dammit. Now I gotta go buy a honda fob on Ebay. Make up your mind Jim Crane!!
7nine
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Im going to go on a limb that in a few years it will change again. So more people get the experience....just my thought.
SabineAg
AG
Well I know what I'm getting my season ticket holding father for his birthday, a Honda let off eBay
Mr.Ackar07
Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

Plus, the addition of McCann and his "play the game my way" philosophy means there's a 92.4 percent chance he and Rougned Odor throw down at some point during the season.
In.
Texaggie7nine
cpsencik04 said:

Im going to go on a limb that in a few years it will change again. So more people get the experience....just my thought.
Wonder when it will be the Mercury Club Level.
7nine
TREX01
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the honda deal. Do you not have to buy tickets? How many people does the key get in?
Texaggie7nine
You need tickets to get into the ballpark. Once you get up to the club level the ticket takers there will give you and up to 3 friends wristbands to enter the club level if you show them a Honda key.
7nine
CorpsAg11
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

Plus, the addition of McCann and his "play the game my way" philosophy means there's a 92.4 percent chance he and Rougned Odor throw down at some point during the season.
In.

I'll just leave this here...
Ag_07
AG
I totally forgot until seeing him in that video that McCann and Gattis were both on that Braves team together.
JJxvi
AG
Honda! But what if I have an Acura key?
titanmaster_race
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Quote:

In.

I want to see brothers vs brothers:

Brian McCann and Evan Gattis vs Rougned Odor and Rougned Odor
Mr.Ackar07
I've been meaning to ask, has your work at NASA ever put you in contact with Amy Mainzer?

Rule #1

Hulla Baller
AG
Do you happen to know which lot gives you the free parking?
Texaggie7nine
The Honda Lot
7nine
DVC2010
AG
E said:

I might go forward with buying the accord I wanted to get for driving to work and practicing real estate on the side...

This is what Honda is paying for. I'd be lying if I said these kinds of perks won't factor into my next vehicle purchase at least a little bit.
DVC2010
AG
CSWendt said:

How did you learn this? At the Cubs game last week, one of the attendants told me that they are all ticketed and reserved.
CSWendt
AG
DVC2010 said:

CSWendt said:

How did you learn this? At the Cubs game last week, one of the attendants told me that they are all ticketed and reserved.
At the game yesterday we asked an attendant what the seating situation was. The front rows are reserved.

Additionally, the friend I went with works for the Astros and that's what they said they had heard before we asked the attendant.
W
AG
the 'stros face a string of left-handed starters the rest of the week
gigemJTH12
AG
hope we can get a rally going tonight. Feels like we need one solid breakout inning.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.