***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,330,952 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We should have a pretty damn good AAA team this year, too.
bobinator
AG
I was looking into what games/series I want to get down there for and I'm already annoyed that all of our Rangers games are in the midweek but they get two weekend series against us in Arlington...

I'll be making my 2017 debut on Sunday against the Royals though.
htownag08
AG
I want to also thank everyone in advance for observations/comments/analysis you provide on this thread. Since I don't have Root and am blacked out from MLB packages, it'll be hard to watch the games consistently and I enjoy coming here and reading updates/discussions from the games. Should be a great season.
ClickClack
AG
htownag08 said:

I want to also thank everyone in advance for observations/comments/analysis you provide on this thread. Since I don't have Root and am blacked out from MLB packages, it'll be hard to watch the games consistently and I enjoy coming here and reading updates/discussions from the games. Should be a great season.

I'll try to include game context when I post for ya. Went through a couple years of blackouts myself
CorpsAg11
AG
iBrad said:

We should have a pretty damn good AAA team this year, too.

No kidding! B/c of the versatility of many of our position players, we are only carrying 12 position players on the roster, that's pretty unheard of. So our AAA lineup is gonna have some mashers in it.
CorpsAg11
AG
Here's the roster:

PITCHERS (13+2)
47 Devenski, Chris .........................RHP
45 Feliz, Michael ............................RHP
54 Fiers, Mike ................................RHP
53 Giles, Ken .................................RHP
44 Gregerson, Luke .......................RHP
61 Gustave, Jandel ........................RHP
36 Harris, Will ................................RHP
60 Keuchel, Dallas .........................LHP
43 McCullers Jr., Lance .................RHP
31 McHugh, Collin* ........................RHP
50 Morton, Charlie .........................RHP
59 Musgrove, Joe ..........................RHP
63 Paulino, David* .........................RHP
41 Peacock, Brad ..........................RHP
29 Sipp, Tony .................................LHP

CATCHERS (2)
11 Gattis, Evan ...................................C
16 McCann, Brian ...............................C

INFIELDERS (5)
27 Altuve, Jose ..................................IF
2 Bregman, Alex ..............................IF
1 Correa, Carlos ..............................IF
9 Gonzalez, Marwin .........................IF
10 Gurriel, Yuli ...................................IF

OUTFIELDERS (5)
3 Aoki, Norichika ............................OF
15 Beltrn, Carlos ............................OF
6 Marisnick, Jake ...........................OF
22 Reddick, Josh .............................OF
4 Springer, George ........................OF
mike_ags_fan12
htownag08 said:

*coughs* firestick *coughs*
agproducer
AG
htownag08 said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm working on a workaround involving a Smart DNS. I'll let you know if it works.
BigPuma
AG
I think the Astros do themselves a disservice to carry an additional pitcher instead of an additional position player. We aren't in the NL anymore, we could always use the extra stick in case something happens during a game.
htownag08
AG
Quote:

More detail? Not very tech savvy so any advice is greatly appreciated!
htownag08
AG
ClickClack said:

htownag08 said:

I'll try to include game context when I post for ya. Went through a couple years of blackouts myself
Appreciate it!
CSWendt
AG
I think you have it backwards actually. You carry more hitters in the NL because you have to pitch hit for a pitcher which means you want more options on your bench. In the AL you rarely pinch hit for a hitter, and if you do it's once a game.
gigemJTH12
AG
My friend tweeted this video.

Yall should go retweet it because Altuve putting in time with kids on Opening Day is a pretty cool thing, IMO.

FWIW, this is her being a good houstonian and practicing her right to vote

E
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

htownag08 said:

today is the day, I have been waiting several months to see if I can stream Stro's games on Kodi.... /prayingemoticon
astroaggie27
You can purchase the single team MLB package for $89 then use a site like unblock.us to change your IP address.

Or...just google Reddit MLB streams at game time
Beau Bevers
AG
www.overplay.net + mlb.tv Astros account = watching every game on my tv in College Station

It's fantastic
mAgnoliAg
AG
Altuve .542 career against Felix
titanmaster_race
Pertinent to my interests,as I will likely drop comcast cable when I move in mid-May
NotGibbs
More fantastic news

agproducer
AG
Beau Bevers said:

www.overplay.net + mlb.tv Astros account = watching every game on my tv in College Station

It's fantastic.
I'm doing overplay, but I don't want the Smart DNS to the whole network. So, I'm running it on ipad through the MLB at bat app to Chromecast on tv. Is there a way I can do it with the single team subscription? I got the month-to-month to try it out. The month-to-month and full subscription, from what I read, are needed to get the full streaming capabilities out of the at Bat app.

If this Root Sports thing works out with PSVue, then the point is moot, and I'm golden.
k20dub
AG
Came here to post this
JABQ04
AG

Stupid ass phone. Can't post the gif I wanted
Snoop Lion
What happened to the boobs
mazag08
AG
To everyone who cant get the games..

Google "reddit mlb streams"

You can almost always find a very high quality (and usually no ads) stream.

You're welcome.
mazag08
AG
Snoop Lion said:

What happened to the boobs
Bunch of Ranger fans downvoted the thread.
WES2006AG
AG
NotGibbs said:

More fantastic news

Based on that article it sounds like you still need to have cable and be subscribed to a plan without Root Sports Southwest. So does this actually help the cord cutters out there?
Ag_07
AG
WES2006AG said:

NotGibbs said:

More fantastic news

Based on that article it sounds like you still need to have cable and be subscribed to a plan without Root Sports Southwest. So does this actually help the cord cutters out there?

I don't think that's the intention.

It's meant to allow fans that are out of market to watch games.
Snoop Lion
At least I have a fire stick to watch the games
CSWendt
AG
If you are out of market you can already watch the Astros on MLB.tv.

The issue is the black-outs for in-market games. I think that is what this addresses.
bobinator
AG
In-market streaming really only helps if you're in a one TV house or something though. Like something else is on the main TV so you want to put the game on your laptop/ipad/phone etc right? You're going to have to be a ROOT channel subscriber to be able to stream it.

I wonder if I'll be able to give my dad my password though and he'll finally be able to watch the Astros games in Kerrville.
blinnboy83
As someone who has a sub account for my parents Uverse, the Root streaming news is amazing... So glad I saw it before I paid for MLBtv/unlocker this week!

And also ++++1 for Reddit streams. Works great on your phone too if out and about.
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Is it 7 yet?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
That lineup makes me so so happy.
agproducer
AG
The fact that McCann is hitting 8th -- just wow. I've thought about how potent this offense is, but this lineup card just proves it. Yuli and McCann could still be potential 3-4-5 hitters at this stage of their careers.
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.