***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,154,692 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think if we can muster any resemblance of even a bad offense in Gm 6 JV can hold off the Yankees.

If they can someway, somehow get a W on Friday I think we win Gm 7. Momentum swings back over to us, at home, with our guys getting some confidence.

However, that plan entails scratching up some offense in Gm 6 which is the big kicker in all of this. I think if there's a Gm7 it'll be the M&Ms show with Morton, McHugh, and McCullers.

I still can't fathom that Springer, Reddick, McCann, and Marwin have a combined like 4 hits all series. That's just incredible to me.
Ags #1
AG
Reddick and McCann are by far the worst offensive players this series. Think they have been on base once each. A walk and a catchers inference
aTm2004
AG
**** it. TOFA motivational rally!!

JDUB08AG
AG
Ags #1 said:

Reddick and McCann are by far the worst offensive players this series. Think they have been on base once each. A walk and a catchers inference

Don't forget McCanns HBP!!! And the ball he "smoked" to Castro that knocked him clear over
SquareOne07
AG
I assume cc would start for the yanks if there's a game 7? Sorry if that's already been discussed.
Schrute
SquareOne07 said:

I assume cc would start for the yanks if there's a game 7? Sorry if that's already been discussed.
Yep, and we will get to his fat ass. Just got to get to game 7.....
Ags #1
AG
Yes cc would start for the evil empire
aTm2004
AG
Schrute said:

SquareOne07 said:

Yep, and we will get to his fat ass. Just got to get to game 7.....
If we get to game 7, Springer should lead off with a bunt. Make that fat ass run after the ball. If Springer is successful, then whoever is in the 2nd spot should do the exact same.
Frok
AG
The way we are hitting maybe they should all try to bunt. Might have a better chance.
Farmer1906
AG
Heard this on the radio.

If we don't have any runs by the 3rd on Friday then we need to start something. Have Verlander dust off Judge. Let Reddick get lippy with Sanchez. Something to try and ignite this offense.
mm98
AG
We could have Orbit sucker punch Frazier...
bobinator
AG
I don't think we need to resort to those sort of gimmicks, especially because I don't think "not being intense enough" is our problem offensively.

We almost need to go the other way. Someone needs to go have lunch at freebirds and rip a massive fart in the dugout before the game to loosen everyone up.
Ag_07
AG
Frok said:

The way we are hitting maybe they should all try to bunt. Might have a better chance.

This is one decision I will bltch about.

I think at one point yesterday when we were still down 2-0 Marwin was on 2B and McCann was up with less than 2 outs. I thought for sure we was going to bunt him over.

The shift was on so no one was home at 3B and McCann being so atrocious at the plate I thought it should've been a given to bunt him over.

Granted it probably wouldn't have made a difference since George has disappeared as well, but McCann is an auto out right now.

And just FYI...McCann has a history of disappearing in the playoffs. For his career he's batting .151 in 73 postseason ABs.
979ag
AG
Today might be the biggest off-day of the year
Ag_07
AG
979ag said:

Maybe Beltran can have one last team luncheon then they can all go plow some strange and get out of this funk they're in.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

979ag said:

Maybe Beltran can have one last team luncheon then they can all go plow some strange and get out of this funk they're in.
And after that, he can sit on the bench because I think we need Gattis in the lineup tomorrow.
ClickClack
AG
I blame all this on Marwin's wife
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ag_07 said:

Frok said:

I think at one point yesterday when we were still down 2-0 Marwin was on 2B and McCann was up with less than 2 outs. I thought for sure we was going to bunt him over.

The shift was on so no one was home at 3B and McCann being so atrocious at the plate I thought it should've been a given to bunt him over.

Granted it probably wouldn't have made a difference since George has disappeared as well, but McCann is an auto out right now.

And just FYI...McCann has a history of disappearing in the playoffs. For his career he's batting .151 in 73 postseason ABs.
This. Hinch is as wound up as the players and not thinking strategically. I assume he was wanting to show confidence in McCann, but it was time to try something to create a spark. He hasnt done squat in the spark department.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
mm98 said:

Have Kate in the Orbit costume.
NotGibbs
Troutslime said:

mm98 said:

That's like taking a Picasso and covering it up with a crayon drawing done by a 4 year old
Bulldog73
AG
Watch what you say about Orbit, dang it!
The Milkman
AG
Anybody wanna use their WS code to buy extra tickets for a good guy like me
Funky Winkerbean
AG
NotGibbs said:

Troutslime said:

mm98 said:

That's like taking a Picasso and covering it up with a crayon drawing done by a 4 year old

Not if she flirts with the Yankees. Then she's a neutron bomb.
htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Frok said:

I will also ***** about how we ignore everything over lefty vs. righty matchups. Reddick has no business in the 2 hole right now, I don't care if it's a right handed pitcher.
titanmaster_race
Would much rather have bregman in the 2 hole
Beat40
bobinator said:

I don't think we need to resort to those sort of gimmicks, especially because I don't think "not being intense enough" is our problem offensively.

We almost need to go the other way. Someone needs to go have lunch at freebirds and rip a massive fart in the dugout before the game to loosen everyone up.
Totally agree. This team needs to be laughing and joking around. Need to get a trainer or someone else to come into the dugout with a chicken costume or something just before the 1st inning.

Maybe bring Hank Conger in for his robot!!
Schrute
My main ***** is us watching a very hittable strike 1 just go right past us. Then we take horrible swings at pitcher's pitches behind in the count. Get up there and hit the damn ball if they lay one right over the plate on the first pitch.
Beat40
Schrute said:

My main ***** is us watching a very hittable strike 1 just go right past us. Then we take horrible swings at pitcher's pitches behind in the count. Get up there and hit the damn ball if they lay one right over the plate on the first pitch.
Yeah. The approach has been off all series.

Maybe Reddick will stop trying to pull every single ball since there is no short porch in right now. Dud needs to go with the pitch like he did all year.

He's killing some rallies being in the 2 hole.
JDUB08AG
AG
My only hope is that baseball is a weird sport. Momentum can flip on a dime. Great teams win 2 in a row and lose 2 in a row all the time. I don't have the warm fuzzies at all, but needing the Astros to just win 2 games in a row is not some unattainable milestone. In fact, it would be fairly ordinary within context of the game of baseball.

Texaggie7nine
The Milkman said:

My code will only let me buy 2 tickets and I'm using those.
7nine
Farmer1906
AG
WelchAg said:

My only hope is that baseball is a weird sport. Momentum can flip on a dime. Great teams win 2 in a row and lose 2 in a row all the time. I don't have the warm fuzzies at all, but needing the Astros to just win 2 games in a row is not some unattainable milestone. In fact, it would be fairly ordinary within context of the game of baseball.

We've done it twice already this postseason.
devastor
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

The Milkman said:

2 tickets PER game on one code. Don't mess up like I did on ALCS tickets.
Jaydoug
AG
So, when do the umps get investigated for corruption?
rosco511
AG
htxag09 said:

Ag_07 said:

Frok said:

I will also ***** about how we ignore everything over lefty vs. righty matchups. Reddick has no business in the 2 hole right now, I don't care if it's a right handed pitcher.
Basically the entire team aside from Yuli (and Correa and Altuve at times) has not been hitting in this series, so at the end of the day, it does not matter who you move in or out of the 2 hole at this point. I think Bregman is right around .200 for the postseason. The strength of this team the entire season was the depth of the order because it always seemed there were at least 3 to 4 (if not more) guys who were hitting even when others may be cold or slumping. Unfortunately in this series, it is basically the entire order that is cold/slumping at the same time.
The Milkman
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

The Milkman said:

Yes... 2 tickets PER game... you can go to one and I could go to another! It'll be great!
First Page Last Page
Page 1143 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.