Oh, Tim Tebow

29,096 Views | 216 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BCSWguru
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is a shame. I was hoping he'd get a cup of coffee w/ the big club in September.
Build It
AG
Hamate bone injury is 3-6 weeks. Bad luck he's put a lot of work into this season.

Harry Dunne
I'm glad that he's not going to take somebody else's spot on the Mets roster. He is doing well, but doesn't deserve a September call-up yet and it would have been a money/PR grab by the Mets.

I'm rooting for him to do well, but I want him to earn a shot just like everyone else does, if that is even possible with his celebrity.
Buck Compton
AG
He wasn't going to be a September call up anyway.

And his real issue here is a hamate bone injury impacts your power numbers for long after you can start swinging a bat again. He needs to spend the next 3-6 in VR and the physical cage just focusing on MLB-level pitch identification and strike zone discipline. If he does that, then this may actually be a blessing.
Carlo4
AG
I was rooting for a september callup just because I'm going to the Red Sox/Mets game at Fenway. I imagine that the first game he plays somewhere would draw a sold out crowd quickly.

Harry Dunne
Buck Compton said:

He wasn't going to be a September call up anyway.

And his real issue here is a hamate bone injury impacts your power numbers for long after you can start swinging a bat again. He needs to spend the next 3-6 in VR and the physical cage just focusing on MLB-level pitch identification and strike zone discipline. If he does that, then this may actually be a blessing.
I agree with the second part of what you wrote, and you might be right about September, but sellout crowds, jersey sales ESPN all over it front offices have done a lot more to get a lot less in return.

Half of the articles out there today don't even lead with the broken hand news, the headlines are "Tebow won't be a September call up".
BCSGrubber
AG

BCSWguru
he leads an awful, terrible life. how does he live with himself?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.