**Official Texas Rangers 2017 Season Thread** Staff Warning on OP

1,022,250 Views | 12008 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgBQ-00
AggieDPT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's our "ace" we want to give 30 million a year to.
Hamburger Dan
Jeffress needs another night in the drunk tank for his effort this season.
_lefraud_
AG
With $30 mill, the Rangers could probably upgrade at least three everyday players.
Slicer97
AG
Keep Darvish, resign him, and he'll suck overall until he's done.

Trade him or let him go FA, he'll throw BBs at the Rangers for the rest of his career.
Ag2012
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

If Darvish ****s down his leg tonight and gives up 6 or 7 ER, we're:
1. definitely selling
And
2. definitely not getting the same return we would have gotten yesterday.

Bad time for him to **** up
How about 10?
Mozart Paintings
AG
Wow. Just saw score. Strong.
_lefraud_
AG
Lucroy with his patented twat shot over first base, man I'm gonna miss those.
Baby Billy
AG
Absolute worst case scenario. Darvish makes worse start of his career the night before we're gonna trade him
DallasAg 94
vette said:

What's the story with the tarp on the right-center field wall?
The only image I could find seemed to indicate it was "MLB Network."

I guess they didn't pay their franchise sponsorship, according to AP.
Mike Elko
AG
Cubs fan first, but like Rangers (my AL team, plus wife grew up in Arlington). Was excited about the rumor of Cubbies trading for Yu... 'Til his past few starts, and especially tonight. Get Gray instead.
Mr Gigem
AG
The Cubs don't have anything to trade to get either, especially not Gray since he's got something like 2-3 more years of control
Mike Elko
AG
In Theo we trust. After tonight, it won't take much to land Yu... Hopefully he's off the list, though.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I'm going to the game Friday. How many more hits does Beltre need now??
MSFC Aggie
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Darvish had an excellent start his last time out, if I remember correctly. I don't think this one start is going to make a difference in the asking/selling price for him. But good lord, blow it up. What a pitiful performance tonight.
agent-maroon
AG
Which position players would be pitching if need be? Rangers ought to give them the last inning just for practice.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
_lefraud_
AG
I'd like to see Odor take the mound.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Damn. Needs a couple more tonight.
agent-maroon
AG
Gallo might be fun for an inning. Gomez might be a decent choice in a pinch (or a 20 pt laugher)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheAngelFlight
jtstanley4621 said:

Darvish had an excellent start his last time out, if I remember correctly. I don't think this one start is going to make a difference in the asking/selling price for him. But good lord, blow it up. What a pitiful performance tonight.

It's the 2nd time in 5 starts he's given up at least 7 earned runs in less than 5 innings.

3rd time in 8 starts he gave up at least 5 earned runs in 5 or fewer innings.

It's not a great run of games for a guy who hasn't yet really proved his durability. (It's been 6 years and he's really finished just 1 with a full year of truly great numbers.)
GrapevineAg
AG
Mozart Paintings
AG
Well no more hits for beltre tonight.
bert harbinson
AG
Always amused by his on-deck photo-bomb.
TV Casualty
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Teams aren't always rational when it comes to the trade deadline. Sometimes a great outing near the deadline is the thing that pushes a team over the edge. Then maybe they are willing to part with a prospect that they were holding back on before.

Right now it's hard to believe that any team is looking at Darvish as a guy that is going to be a workhorse for them in the playoffs.
Seven Costanza
AG
For those that weren't watching the game:

_lefraud_
AG
Silver lining for tonight is more half-priced pizza baby!
Mozart Paintings
AG
Into doesn't have to be a win?
jtstanley4621
AG
This game was a microcosm of the season. The offense gets you 10 effing runs, and the starting pitching and bullpen suck uncontrollably. We just can't ever seem to fire on all three cylinders with consistency whatsoever. Absurd final score.
CampingAg
AG
There isn't an industry in the world that has a higher percentage of blowhards than baseball umpires.

Edit: I say this as someone who moonlights as an umpire.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Seven Costanza said:

For those that weren't watching the game:

If this had been a give and take haha deal I'd find it funny. Jerry Davis decided to act like an asshat and made a fool of himself.
double aught
AG
Umpire was totally out of line. No situational awareness.
mhayden
AggieDPT said:

That's our "ace" we want to give 30 million a year to.

The only people who continually try and pin Darvish as an "ace" is the local media in their attempts to take shots at him.

He's a solid #2. Always has been, still is.

Teams aren't going to pay him to be an ace, teams are going to pay him to put up a 3-ish ERA because the price for a guy that can do that consistently continues to go up.

He's got a tendency to **** the bed in big situations no doubt -- but when he walks I wonder how enjoyable it will be to watch Martin Perez slide in as your #2 starter?
_lefraud_
AG
Not really concerned. Cashner is a solid 2, if not 1b to Hamels. If the Rangers sign Cashner this offseason, the Rangers won't miss Darvis at all. Then there's ABD who has FINALLY come around. Sure his minor league numbers didn't show much, even though he spent more than a decade riding buses from po-dunk town to po-dunk town, but he pitched really good so far and is only going to get better, plus the Rangers should get an AARP discount for having him in the rotation. Tyson Ross has been off again, on again, we'll, mostly off again. But he was an all-star in '14 and is only 30 years old, so surely he can be better? Then there is Martin Perez, who has #2 (if not #1) stuff, and it's only a matter of time until he turns the corner. If he could just lose that one bad inning and be more consistent, ala Derek Holland, another guy with #2/#1 stuff. Speaking of Holland, the Rangers let him go, but could easily bring him back this winter to replace Darvish. All he needed was a change in scenery to his change in scenery and he is still only 30, the same exact age of Ross, Cashner and Darvish! I see it looking like this:

#1 - Hamels
#2/#1 - Perez
#2 - Cashner
#2 - Holland
#2 - Ross

If you don't sign Cashner and/or Holland, the Rangers still have ABD to plug right in, and oh yea, there's Nick Martinez and Chi Chi too!

/DallasAg94
Mozart Paintings
AG
#tryingtoohard
DeangeloVickers
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 344

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.