Tebow

4,790 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 94chem
Corporal Punishment
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went deep in hist first AB as a pro. 1st pitch.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/watch-tim-tebow-homer-on-his-first-swing-as-a-professional-baseball-player-092816
PhatMack19
AG
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
What reason do YOU think NFL teams don't want him on a roster?

I don't know, hence the "for whatever reason."

Do you disagree that a guy who has started 18 NFL games, including 2 playoff games (1 win), can be (or could have been 2-3 years ago) a serviceable NFL backup or 3rd stringer? In 2013 or 2014, at least. That window MAY now be closed, but I don't think anyone could argue it was 3 years ago.

As I said, perhaps he's been offered that sort of role and turned it down, but I think we would have heard about it by now.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The Anchor
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
And being old baseball player, it's pretty disrespectful of guys that have spend years riding buses and staying ****t8y hotels trying to find their way.
If he refuses to ride the bus and stay in ****ty hotels, then it is disrespectful of the process and the other guys who struggle to stick around a minor league roster.

Until then, I can't get behind this vitriol. It reeks of sour grapes. "He's popular, people paid attention to his tryout but they didn't pay attention to mine!"

I know plenty of guys who have and are fighting it out in the minor leagues. They wouldn't think twice about taking the opportunity to have an open workout with 28 teams and have the media show up to it. Likewise, if they could get a look for an NFL quarterback position, they would take it, as well. And if a team picked them up, they'd take it and they'd try to make it as a quarterback.

Tebow did what we all would do, and its an unfair, no-win proposition for looking down upon him for this.

We'll see just how committed he is.

I'm old enough that I don't have sour grapes. I came to grips with my lack of ability a long time ago. What I do tend to value in people of all walks is folks that are genuine. At the risk of again derailing the thread, that's been my issue with Tebow for quite some time.
What would lead you to believe he isn't genuine? The man went on missionary trips during college and donated a lot of money from his NFL contract to missions.
94chem
People waiting for Tebow to fall flat on his face as a human being are the same ones who said "I told you Flutie was too small" when he retired at age 40.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.