Does anybody alive still believe in Luhnow?

21,779 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your post sounds like it's directed at Sumlin. Missing local talent? That sounds like a recruiting gripe. MLB teams scout nationwide. Of course they're going to miss a lot of local talent, because they're looking for the best across the country...and really throughout the world.

Scouting and adding prospects to the farm system is about the last thing to worry about with Luhnow. As has been mentioned, the last question mark with Luhnow is high dollar free agents. I think we'll see how he dies with that this off season.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Yet I do love and follow the Stros!

I don't think you do.

What in the ever living fck are you talking about? The scouting has been the strength in the system. It's been quite outstanding. The only big gripe about Lunhow is that he is great at developing talent and building the farm but not so great at trading for vets and bringing in big time players.

I'm a bit of a Lunhow critic and I'd say that you're way off in your assessment.
Buck Compton
AG
If I had to guess a personal friend or family member was in some way slighted and this guy is taking it all out on Luhniw. Whether it was Naquin/Mengden/Strip/Wacha/etc. being not drafted or traded away or someone closer to his family like a high school player getting drafted elsewhere.

His post screams emotion, not rational thought.
irish pete ag06
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
Astros fans should know you wait until the end of the season to celebrate.

Ag_07
AG
Regardless of the end result Lunhow has done a fine job building this team. No denying that
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Regardless of the end result Lunhow has done a fine job building this team. No denying that
Best record in baseball and we've had a AAA rotation for the past 3+ weeks, not a bad job building the MLB team + the farm
cevans_40
AG
Reminds me of the bangers in the zoo. Lol
CreedBratton
Cynical_Texan said:

As a Rangers fan, Luhnow has my full support.

Lol
Farmer1906
AG
Cynical_Texan said:

As a Rangers fan, Luhnow has my full support.
Frok
AG
Who do you like more, Luhnow or Hunsicker?

It's nice to have a GM give Gerry a run for his money after the likes of Pepura and Wade.

irish pete ag06
AG
Frok said:

Who do you like more, Luhnow or Hunsicker?

It's nice to have a GM give Gerry a run for his money after the likes of Pepura and Wade.

When it's all done and said, I'm thinking Luhnow will be >Hunsicker.
Frok
AG
I hope you are right. This team looks like they might beat Gerry's best team from 1998.
CorpsAg11
AG
Lunhow is so bad that other teams hack his computer to steal our player evals...
Thriller
AG
Quote:

Devenski will be back in the minors soon enough, he is not special
Ag_07
AG
knoxtom said:

Lunhow assembled a team in which 6 of 9 starters have averages below .230

I have never seen that in my life

Have you ever seen a lineup with 5 guys hitting over .300?

And yeah...With the lineup Daniels has put together I guess you can now say that makes it twice in your life.
irish pete ag06
AG
W said:

Luhnow will be on the hot seat in 2017 --- his 6th season as the GM

Is his seat hot from setting the American League on fire?
irish pete ag06
AG
zagman said:

Luhnow has always been Notnow for obvious reasons. The Astros scouts don't have a clue and Notnow keeps them around. They miss so much local talent because they can't see the forest for the trees. The coaches including Hinch do not develop players and do not care if they win games or not. Hinch is always in Spring Training mode. Yet I do love and follow the Stros!

This is still got me saying lolwut.

Edit. Wrong emoticon.
mAgnoliAg
iBrad
AG
Solid bump
knoxtom
So is it also a solid bump if I do it?
Blahhead
knoxtom said:

So is it also a solid bump if I do it?

No, it's not. What does dropping a series have to do with the overall team and their record? If we win the WS, and drop a series next year, you would probably feel justified to bump this thread. Are the Dodgers and Farhan Zaidi horrible? Would you feel justified in bumping up a post talking about them during their skid?
knoxtom
Wasn't really talking about losing a series, I was leaning a little more towards their sub .500 record since the all star break, their collapse in the bullpen, and that every other team in the American League is hoping they match up with the Astros in the playoffs.
Blahhead
knoxtom said:

Wasn't really talking about losing a series, I was leaning a little more towards their sub .500 record since the all star break, their collapse in the bullpen, and that every other team in the American League is hoping they match up with the Astros in the playoffs.

It's called injuries, buddy.
Ag_07
AG
I assume you're referring to the last four games? Because in the past month or so the Astros BP has been one of the best in league.

BMX Bandit
Knoxtom hooked y'all good
AgFan1999
AG
Pretty much his schtick.
irish pete ag06
AG
KnoxTroll
Silent For Too Long
Quote:

and that every other team in the American League is hoping they match up with the Astros in the playoffs.
Such absurd over the top nonsense.

Yeah, I'm sure teams are just clamoring to get a piece of Verlander/Keuchel and a crack at the world's number one offense.

I honestly think wet blankets thrive when we are struggling most.
irish pete ag06
AG
knoxtom said:

Sure... people are scared to death of the vaunted Twins.
knoxtom
I wasn't really trolling. The thread was over a year and a half old but in typical TxAGS fashion, once the Astros started winning, someone bumped the year old thread trying to make me look bad.

So in my typical fashion, once Lunhow sat on his hands instead of doing anything at the deadline, and given that the Astros were playing pretty average ball, I re-bumped it.

So not trolling, I think Lunhow has done very little with what gifts he was dealt. And I think most teams don't fear the Astros.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
I'm definitely playing into the troll...but what gifts were "dealt" to Lunhow? Aging roster? Depleted farm system? Minimal payroll?

The only "gift" he was given was a patient owner who was willing to burn the team to the ground and let Lunhow rebuild it without meddling. Most GMs couldn't pull it off.
Ag_07
AG
knoxtom said:

I think Lunhow has done very little with what gifts he was dealt. And I think most teams don't fear the Astros.

Jesus this narrative is so old and overplayed. Besides Correa and Bregman what else was he "given".

It wasn't Yuli Gurriel who was an international signing and diamond in the rough.

It wasn't Marwin Gonzales who he traded for and is now the best role player in the league and a bonified Ranger killer.

It wasn't Brian McCann was part of a trade in which he leveraged the Yanks to cover IIRC 15 mil of his salary.

It wasn't Devo who was a deep PTBNL and now an AS reliever.

It wasn't Giles who he traded for and is a top end closer. BTW he traded guys who are barely still in the game in Appears and Vasquez.

It wasn't Gattis or Marisnick who he both traded for and are solid contributors.

It wasn't Francis Martes who was an after thought when he traded for him and is now a top 15 prospect.

It wasn't Verlander who he pulled off a miracle deal for and still managed to keep his top prospects.

It wasn't Fisher or Whitley or Kyle Tucker who were his draft picks and are now top 100 prospects. All of which the Rangers wanted when it was mentioned we were engaged in Yu talks.

So please...Who on this AL West Division Championship roster was he "given"?

How could I forget MCullers who he drafted and is now an AS.

Springer was his draft pick IIRC.

Reddick was a FA signing who is now top 5 I think I BA and a perfect fit in the lineup.
irish pete ag06
AG
knoxtom said:

I wasn't really trolling. The thread was over a year and a half old but in typical TxAGS fashion, once the Astros started winning, someone bumped the year old thread trying to make me look bad.

So in my typical fashion, once Lunhow sat on his hands instead of doing anything at the deadline, and given that the Astros were playing pretty average ball, I re-bumped it.

So not trolling, I think Lunhow has done very little with what gifts he was dealt. And I think most teams don't fear the Astros.

So in typical knoxtom fashion you are to bump it every time the Astros lose a few games?

And there is no poster trying to make you look bad. You do a pretty good job of that in the OP.
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

knoxtom said:

I think Lunhow has done very little with what gifts he was dealt. And I think most teams don't fear the Astros.

Jesus this narrative is so old and overplayed. Besides Correa and Bregman what else was he "given".

It wasn't Yuli Gurriel who was an international signing and diamond in the rough.

It wasn't Marwin Gonzales who he traded for and is now the best role player in the league and a bonified Ranger killer.

It wasn't Brian McCann was part of a trade in which he leveraged the Yanks to cover IIRC 15 mil of his salary.

It wasn't Devo who was a deep PTBNL and now an AS reliever.

It wasn't Giles who he traded for and is a top end closer. BTW he traded guys who are barely still in the game in Appears and Vasquez.

It wasn't Gattis or Marisnick who he both traded for and are solid contributors.

It wasn't Francis Martes who was an after thought when he traded for him and is now a top 15 prospect.

It wasn't Verlander who he pulled off a miracle deal for and still managed to keep his top prospects.

It wasn't Fisher or Whitley or Kyle Tucker who were his draft picks and are now top 100 prospects. All of which the Rangers wanted when it was mentioned we were engaged in Yu talks.

So please...Who on this AL West Division Championship roster was he "given"?

How could I forget MCullers who he drafted and is now an AS.

Springer was his draft pick IIRC.

Reddick was a FA signing who is now top 5 I think I BA and a perfect fit in the lineup.
That will leave a mark

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.