Astros 2016 not so improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series

308,056 Views | 3934 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sea Gull
BayAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure why I put myself through the agony of watching this team every night.
TayTrox
AG
On the bright side, those were the first three strikeouts all night!
Ag_07
AG
Am I off-based in saying that Correa's defense is very unimpressive and somewhat lackluster so far?

He's made quite a few errors, he's missed quite a few makeable plays, not made a few tougher plays that I expect him to make.
iBrad
AG
Future third baseman.
Basketball and Chain
AG
We're an embarrassment right now. This team just flat sucks. Time for a come to Jesus meeting.
3B Paul 97
AG
I envy Seattle for being able to put together an inning like this. We sure the **** can't do it.
Ag_07
AG
Altuve telling him to throw home with 2 outs.

Just get the one out right there at 2nd.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Correa in general has been pretty lackluster so far
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I went to piss and they scored 4 runs.
shano0603
AG
quote:

Besides the first two games.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
SI jinx officially in the works.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:

Besides the first two games.

Or, "in general"
ORAggieFan
quote:

Weak stream?
Ags #1
AG
Someone will be fired in the next 5 games of this keeps up. Probably strom
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:

Weak stream?

I also dealt with a crying child...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So general consensus that the best part of the game was Julia gettin hit in the tit with a flying fish?
iBrad
AG
So a repeat Cy Young for Dallas and MVP for Correa are looking a little out of reach at this point in the season. Would love to see a big turn around by both.
Bonfired
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Weak stream?

Quit making the kid watch the game...no more crying.
Coby
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Weak stream?

I hope those two weren't related...
Ag_07
AG
quote:
So general consensus that the best part of the game was Julia gettin hit in the tit with a flying fish?

Nope.

Her talking about how much she loved sausage and Ash commenting 'Right down the throat'.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:

Nope.

Her talking about how much she loved sausage and Ash commenting 'Right down the throat'.

If this really happened, it should be vined immediately.
TayTrox
AG
Nathan Karns for Cy Young
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Weak stream?

Quit making the kid watch the game...no more crying.

Not gonna lie, I have woken her up more than 3 times this season yelling in anger.

But that was before I started seeing the humor in the losing and my sports fandom humility in general.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
So a repeat Cy Young for Dallas and MVP for Correa are looking a little out of reach at this point in the season. Would love to see a big turn around by both.

But if we turn this thing around Hinch has a pretty solid shot at Manager of the Year.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:

But if we turn this thing around Hinch has a pretty solid shot at Manager of the Year.
Ag_07
AG
Admit it...If this team goes on a torrid run, dominates the 2nd half and wins the division, I think even you would have no qualms with Hinch for MOY.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
Admit it...If this team goes on a torrid run, dominates the 2nd half and wins the division, I think even you would have no qualms with Hinch for MOY.

Eh. We won last year in spite of him, and I'm sure it could happen again.
titanmaster_race
My opinion on hinch: he's not a bad manager, nor is he a good manager. Manager actually seems to be incorrect. He does what luhnow and sabermetrics tell him to.
Cheo
It's like someone came and cut off our team's balls and then fed them to the dogs while they watched. They don't believe just how ****ing bad they are playing right now.
The Beef01
AG
quote:
quote:

I've tried to stay away from this thread through the slow start b/c I tend to go to the dark side really easily with regard to Houston pro sports, but it's time to legit be pissed and Hinch has managed this club to a 78-84 record over their last 162 games after this loss tonight.

He basically backed himself into not being potentially fired after last season's collapse down the stretch by them backing into and looking good in the playoffs, but this team needs discipline and he is completely incapable of providing it.

They're not turning this around with Hinch at the helm as it has been almost a calendar year since this team was any better than a .500 club...hell, the season is almost a month old and they haven't even won consecutive games.

It's not just a slow start anymore, this is a defining stretch and the dude needs to get sent packing or this team will quietly play out a season in an empty stadium with the same level of give-a-damn that we saw prior to 2015.

I just went and looked at it, Hinch is 19-31 as a manager since the calendar rolled over to September last season. Considering that was pressure of a playoff chase (13-16) and pressure of expectations (6-15)...I'd say that we're finding out the dude is a turd and not a diamond.
maca1028
This is total garbage, Houston sports at its finest. Putting my attention squarely on Aggie Baseball.
maca1028
Ag_07
AG
As an above poster stated, I don't think he's that great but I don't think he's that bad.

I'll put it this way...I don't think he's the problem.

I tend to lean on it's the players because I think you could insert Joe Torre, Tony LaRussa, or Bobby Cox as a manager and we'd still K a ton, Gmez would still swing out his ass, Castro would be atrocious, and the back end of the rotation would still suck a fat one.
Forum Troll
AG
So how many games over 500 do they have to go the rest of the way to win the division? 20? 25? 30? I have very little hope in this team. After the rockets laid a turd this season too.
mazag08
AG
It's getting close to time to Jimmy Williams Hinch. Time to find the next Garner.

And yes, Correa is ducking bad on defense. He's looking like hell play the back half of the year at 3rd, and at this point, that's looking like it could be nothing but good for this club.
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.