*****Official 2015 Texas Rangers Thread*****

1,192,645 Views | 13928 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Joe Cole
AggieDPT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So there's rumors albeit probably completely made up about bringing Hamilton back. Assuming something crazy happens and he ends up back in Texas, what type of reception would he get?
Mr Gigem
AG
If he provides a spark to this offense, then I imagine he would be well-received
AggieDPT
AG
**** Detwiler is freaking garbage
hoosierAG
AG
Detwiler serving up bp. So happy for Cruz and his 7th hr to lead the league ....
gigem1223
Everyone not named Fielder, Martinez and Lewis has been garbage
Mr Gigem
AG
Gallardo has been decent
DallasAg 94
quote:
He got asked a question and he gave his honest opinion -- an opinion that, as he said, doesn't seem to be too off-base if you look at the supporting evidence:

Hamilton left unhappy
Wilson left unhappy
Kinsler left unhappy
Napoli left unhappy (by CJ's account, so not sure if true).
Michael Young -- the consummate professional -- was at odds with the front office.

Nolan Ryan had an issue with the front office enough that he not only left, but went to the Houston Astros.

Now it's not really a fair question because of the injuries, but what long-term players that aren't in low leverage positions would you consider happy? Beltre... But then? Andrus certainly can't complain as he's stealing money. Ditto Moreland. Washington couldn't complain because of all of the chances they gave him. The rest of the guys aren't in any position of their careers here to really be vocal about anything.

Only a fool would speak out against someone who has agreed to pay him millions to hit a little white ball, or to throw it.

Last I checked, Hamilton left unhappy because JD didn't back the truck of cash up to him. Does Hamilton have a no-trade clause? Because there is likely no way the Halos call JD to trade Hamilton back to the Rangers if Hamilton was unwilling to play for JD. JD made a good decision in not signing him.

Kinsler left because he was traded and he was unhappy with the way it went down. There was nothing I heard that leads me to believe Kinsler was unhappy here or that he was happy to have been traded. The announcement was terrible and it was well established it was handled in a terrible way.

Napoli left because he wanted to play C and the Rangers didn't feel he could play C for a full season. Turns out the Rangers were right. Whether Napoli's was unhappy with JD, is left to be seen. But JD was right.

Michael Young is currently... by choice... working for the Rangers' front office. If he was unhappy, he isn't anymore.

Nolan left for a variety of reason. It may have been JD in name, but it could have been anyone.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This offense is so explosive
AggieDPT
AG
SINGLES FOR EVERYONE
AggieDPT
AG
So anyone feel comfortable with Detwiler having a 5 run lead? I sure as hell don't.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My first thought as he took the mound for the bottom of the inning.
Mr Gigem
AG
Unreal
DannyDuberstein
AG
And there goes 60% of the lead. This guy is hot garbage.
AggieDPT
AG
Now 7-5 after a Cruz bomb. Just tosses it right down the middle.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And just like that, tying run is already at the plate.
Mr Gigem
AG
Good God get Detwiler out of there
DallasAg 94
Dear Mr Detwiler,

Don't throw a soft fat fastball in a power hitter's wheel-house.

Love,

DA94
Hamburger Dan
Besides being a lefty with a pulse why is RD on a major league roster?
AggieDPT
AG
He makes Kirkman look good
DallasAg 94
quote:
Besides being a lefty with a pulse why is RD on a major league roster?
He is the best we have. It will only get worse from here.
Hamburger Dan
Hell, Detwiler didn't work long enough to shower. He gone.
gigem1223
Move Bass to the rotation and throw detwiler in the pen. At least it will give us a lefty in there.
Hamburger Dan
gigem1223 4:21p
Move Bass to the rotation and throw detwiler in the gulf. At least it will give us a lefty in there.

FIFY
DallasAg 94
Here are the options in Round Rock:
9.90\2.30\ 1 GS (10.0 IP): Ross Wolf
6.52\1.86\ 2 GS (9.2 IP): ChiChi Gonzalez
5.87\1.83\ 2 GS (7.2 IP): Luke Jackson
2.57\0.57\ 2 GS (7.0 IP): Wandy Rodriguez

gigem1223 - You seem to have overlooked Bass' last GS where he gave up 4ERs in 3.2IP. At 27, he was never able to solidify a SP role in SD. Why on Earth would you think Bass would be a good option in the AL... let alone in Arlington?!

Detwiler's problem is the same as Bass'. They just don't have enough options to make it through a lineup 3 times. You can probably pair them up as a combined SP... but you give a team the advantage of having Bass in the rotation and they'll light him up as easily as they light up Detwiler.

Our best hope is that 36 year old Wandy got a PED exemption for 2015, that he didn't get in 2014. That he will give us 15-20 GS, until we can determine if 82-85 Wins will be enough in the AL West. Then, we'll get Perez back, Holland back and hopefully get Cole Hamels.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Save the airfare and just throw him into Puget Sound.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Detwiler can't get thru the lineup a 2nd time, much less the 3rd. His 3rd inning ERA is now a bazillion.
gigem1223
Save for one outing. I've liked what Bass has done. It is possible for young pitchers to improve through out their careers....
Spartacus
What did the Rangers give up for Detweiler. Was it Robbie Ross?
mhayden
Rangers have given Josh Hamilton a physical.
Spartacus
Seriously? I thought he wanted to play in a Baseball Town?
mhayden
quote:
quote:
He got asked a question and he gave his honest opinion -- an opinion that, as he said, doesn't seem to be too off-base if you look at the supporting evidence:

Hamilton left unhappy
Wilson left unhappy
Kinsler left unhappy
Michael Young -- the consummate professional -- was at odds with the front office.

Nolan Ryan had an issue with the front office enough that he not only left, but went to the Houston Astros.

Now it's not really a fair question because of the injuries, but what long-term players that aren't in low leverage positions would you consider happy? Beltre... But then? Andrus certainly can't complain as he's stealing money. Ditto Moreland. Washington couldn't complain because of all of the chances they gave him. The rest of the guys aren't in any position of their careers here to really be vocal about anything.

Only a fool would speak out against someone who has agreed to pay him millions to hit a little white ball, or to throw it.

Last I checked, Hamilton left unhappy because JD didn't back the truck of cash up to him. Does Hamilton have a no-trade clause? Because there is likely no way the Halos call JD to trade Hamilton back to the Rangers if Hamilton was unwilling to play for JD. JD made a good decision in not signing him.

Kinsler left because he was traded and he was unhappy with the way it went down. There was nothing I heard that leads me to believe Kinsler was unhappy here or that he was happy to have been traded. The announcement was terrible and it was well established it was handled in a terrible way.

Napoli left because he wanted to play C and the Rangers didn't feel he could play C for a full season. Turns out the Rangers were right. Whether Napoli's was unhappy with JD, is left to be seen. But JD was right.

Michael Young is currently... by choice... working for the Rangers' front office. If he was unhappy, he isn't anymore.

Nolan left for a variety of reason. It may have been JD in name, but it could have been anyone.

If you have to go player by player and list why their situation was unique as to why they weren't real happy with the front office/management, then it should be pretty obvious there is an overall issue.

Again, it's not that uncommon or really that big a deal -- but silly to think this front office doesn't have a reputation around the league both in how former player's view them and how other GM's view them -- it's been pretty widely reported.
DallasAg 94
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hamilton left unhappy
Wilson left unhappy
Kinsler left unhappy

If you have to go player by player and list why their situation was unique as to why they weren't real happy with the front office/management, then it should be pretty obvious there is an overall issue.

Again, it's not that uncommon or really that big a deal -- but silly to think this front office doesn't have a reputation around the league both in how former player's view them and how other GM's view them -- it's been pretty widely reported.
I thought JD had a pretty good reputation with other GMs. When Davis and Neil Ramirez were traded, at least publicly, there was an indication JD was willing to swap players due to concerns about undisclosed injuries. I know there were a couple other exchanges.

If you don't have to go player by player, then why did you and CJ both do just that. I was refuting specific names.

I've had plenty of ex-girlfriends hate me... just because I came home to find my pet boiling in a pot on the stove doesn't mean I am the bad person.
toucan82
hey, the rangers are scoring runs
DallasAg 94
quote:
So there's rumors albeit probably completely made up about bringing Hamilton back. Assuming something crazy happens and he ends up back in Texas, what type of reception would he get?
If what you and mhayden say are true... I believe Hamilton will be welcomed home.

His wife was the one that seemed to have been vocally critical of the Rangers. However, I think even she would be welcomed back if she made a statement explaining how her feelings were hurt by the situation.

Where ever they end up they need a strong support group.

I also noticed Josh filed in Tarrant County. It wouldn't surprise he did it for concerns of paying alimony in California. It also wouldn't surprise me if they reconcile.

Coming back to Texas could actually put them in a better place.
Spartacus
Bass is not looking too bad this afternoon. Head and shoulders about Detweiler
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 398

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.