Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,285 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mattingly
shano0603
AG
I'm one of the biggest Hinch haters on here..... But if there isn't a viable person to replace him, I don't want him gone... I feel that the team really likes him and we might lose some chemistry with him gone.. He could be some of our players dad, but he's younger than half of the Dodgers lineup.... I'm personally tired of changing managers every couple of years, and really wish we could find the next LaRussa or Torre.
TexasRebel
AG
I'll apply!

$250,000/yr & benefits.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Yeah I think we should keep Hinch
Ag_07
AG
Manager - Bigg
Bench - Bags
Hitting coach - Puma
Pitching coach - Rocket
3B Coach/Infield - Adam Everett
ClickClack
AG
What makes anyone think Biggio would necessarily be a good manager? He hasn't even worked as an assistant.
Ag_07
AG
I don't think that matters much in baseball. Think the biggest thing for a manager is his experience in the game and his smarts.

He's been around the game for a long time and he's smart.

Seriously though...We'd be worse off without Hinch.
mazag08
AG
Money whip Ausmus. A coach with actual balls
JJxvi
AG
I mean, maybe Ausmus is great and Hinch sucks...but even with all the "balls" Ausmus is at 0-3 in the postseason compared to Hinch 3-3.
shano0603
AG
quote:
Money whip Ausmus. A coach with actual balls

You've seen em?
iBrad
AG
Our bench coach, Trey Hillman, was Mattingly's bench coach in LA. Trey was fired a couple of years ago essentially as a scape goat. I'm sure he can offer plenty of inside info to Hinch. Like, stay away. Three division titles in a row get you fired.

The expectations are high in LA. The salaries are even higher. If I was a manager, I'd stay away. That type of environment seems like it would suck the fun out of the job.
agdaddy04
AG
Top 9th, runner gets on third with no outs and Davis gets out of it. Royals just have it. 2nd straight pennant
Frok
AG
Go Mets
Mr.Bond
AG
BAD BAD strike 2 call there at the end. Changed the entire dynamic of the at bat. **** Kansas City and their illegal predator non English speaking *** pitcher. Go Mets
astros4545
AG
Go Mets
TexAgs1992
As a Cubs and Astros fan, I'll gladly root for the Mets who dominated the Cubs rather than the Royals who won off of lucky breaks against the Astros and Jays.
Sea Gull
AG
**** the Mets and the Royals
agracer
AG
quote:
As a Cubs and Astros fan, I'll gladly root for the Mets who dominated the Cubs rather than the Royals who won off of lucky breaks against the Astros and Jays.
yeah that's what it was.....
mid90
AG
The royals did have a couple of bloop things go their way. But i definitely wouldn't say they beat us because they were lucky.
mid90
AG
Keuchel, Altuve, and Castro announced as gold glove finalists.
mid90
AG
Watching all those passed balls Castro let by this season makes me think wtf?
shano0603
AG
Keuchel should win... No way on the other two
TexasRebel
AG
I imagine a glove made of gold is difficult to move quickly.
JJxvi
AG
Castro had a pretty typical number of passed balls this year (7), plus was decent at holding the running game and only made one error.

Now if he had had like 20 passed balls like Russell Martin and still been nominated...now that would be crazy...oh...wait.
mid90
AG
quote:
Castro had a pretty typical number of passed balls this year (7), plus was decent at holding the running game and only made one error.

Now if he had had like 20 passed balls like Russell Martin and still been nominated...now that would be crazy...oh...wait.

Yeah but that was his official number of passed balls.

IIRC, he had a ton of balls get by him because he was lazy that ended up getting credited to the pitcher as wild pitches.
Ag_07
AG
So does every catcher in MLB so it all evens out.

I don't know what the rule scoring definition of a PB is but you don't see nearly enough of them given to catchers.
JJxvi
AG
The problem with "IIRC" and a long baseball season is that you almost never actually recall correctly, and even if you did recall correctly about Castro, you cannot possibly have watched the other 2000+ games caught by catchers other than Jason Castro.

The Astros were 14th in MLB in wild pitches as a team with 61. Castro had 41. Salvador Perez allowed 48. Russell Martin allowed 51.

On a per inning basis that's one every 19 innings for Martin, one every 22 innings for Castro, and one every 25 innings for Perez. Assuming there were a litany of wild pitches for Castro that should have been passed balls, it would suddenly mean that he was elite with his staff throwing a wild pitch almost never while also being very bad with passed balls. Castro was a good defensive catcher this year, at least by the standard measures. I imagine Perez is easily going to win the award though.
JJxvi
AG
The pitch framing stats say that the best framing catchers in the AL were Tyler Flowers, Chris Ianneta, Jason Castro, Mike Zunino, and Hank Conger. Martin is also pretty good.

Salvador Perez is one of the worst pitch framers in the league.
MAROON
AG
yep Conger has been considered one of the tops in pitch framing for awhile now. Also the best robot dancer

mid90
AG
Wonder what the sabermetric for robot dancing is
mid90
AG
Fair enough
Texaggie7nine
Can't find video but here is audio of Correa Mike & Mike appearance today.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14008672
7nine
Texaggie7nine

7nine
TexasRebel
AG
Sonofa*****
shano0603
AG
quote:
Sonofa*****
First Page
Page 910 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.