Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,407 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bad luck describes our September. Awful in one-run games, highest monthly BABIP for our pitchers and lowest monthly BABIP for our hitters. If it seemed like more balls were falling in for hits for our opponents than us, it's because they were.

Despite the bad luck, the team never folded and fought to earn a playoff spot. I credit much of that to Hinch's managing style.

There are no managers in baseball who pull all the right triggers and as long as the Astros are an analytically driven team, you're going to continue to see shifts and pitching changes based on matchups. Fire Hinch and you'll get much of the same from the next guy.
mwm
Here are the unofficial results of the "top 10" for 2015:

#1: Kuechel telling deShields to "sit down"
#2: Fiers' no-no
#3: Correa call-up
#4: Castro's walk off
#5: Springer robs the walk-off HR vs. rangerettes; fan getting Cong'd in the OF
#6: Biggio HOF
#7: Conger's GS Dongers
#8: Altuve's walk-off HR; gummy bears; wildcard win vs. yanks; Bagwell's handful (my favorite)
#9: Rasmus hair; Conger robot; Lowrie GS vs. twinkies; late win vs. angels; Orbit; Gomez smack; Gattis hitting the ball that was 3' over his head

All in all, it was a real fun year. Had some bad times, but more good than bad.

Here's to 2016 being even better!

Tip of the cap to all you guys that were here all year for the banter & chatter.
bigjag19
AG
The Bag grab was a truly epic moment.
bigjag19
AG
quote:
Not sure if this has been posted already, but some of the KC radio guys had a little fun with how our PA announcer, Bob Ford, was announcing the Royals over the weekend. I noticed he sounded a bit more intense on Sunday while at the game.

Astros PA Announcer Bob Ford is awesome!

He can take it up a notch.

His mic was open during a play at UH last year where the other team completed a long pass down the sideline. As the ball was in flight we heard Bob say "oh he's wide open"
Sea Gull
AG
Bob Ford is the best PA in the business
texasaggie2015
AG
Dude they were awful. Only negative part of the whole trip though. It was an awesome experience and I highly recommend it to any baseball fan.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Dude they were awful. Only negative part of the whole trip though. It was an awesome experience and I highly recommend it to any baseball fan.

Complete agree.

So, so, so happy a pulled the trigger and made the pilgrimage.

Crossing my fingers that Bagwell gets in so I can go again.
shano0603
AG
Gave this it's own thread, but I thought some of you hooligans would get a chuckle out of it.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

Complete agree.

So, so, so happy a pulled the trigger and made the pilgrimage.

Crossing my fingers that Bagwell gets in so I can go again.

I would love to see Bagwell get in, but I just don't think it's gonna happen......
texasaggie2015
AG
I told my dad that we need to go again soon whether Bagwell makes it or not. I loved the whole experience. I thought it was really cool to talk to baseball fans from all over the world... In fact, I talked to an 85 year old diehard Cubbies fan who said "I just want to see my Cubs win one World Series before I die". One of the nicest men I've ever talked to and the reason I'm pulling for Chicago the rest of the way!
byfLuger41
AG
You are truly a sadist!
byfLuger41
AG
I stayed in Albany & NYC while I was up there. Next time I see myself staying in Cooperstown for a day or so.

One thing I will NOT do again is sit on the lawn. Getting reserved seats for sure...
n_touch
The loss sucks, but the future looks bright for this team. It shows in all of their actions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/after-alds-loss-astros-bullpen-catcher-makes-classy-gesture-to-royals-fans-184058013.html
mid90
AG
quote:
You are truly a sadist!

I've been right so far (unfortunately). USA-MEX & ALDS game 4.

mwm
I just had a horrible thought. Someone calm me down.
I think we've all assumed Kuechel will win the Cy Young. Well, he didn't fare well coming out of the bullpen against KC on Wednesday.
What if Price wins 2-4 games in the ALCS & WS? Does that give him the Cy Young?
Agnzona
quote:
I just had a horrible thought. Someone calm me down.
I think we've all assumed Kuechel will win the Cy Young. Well, he didn't fare well coming out of the bullpen against KC on Wednesday.
What if Price wins 2-4 games in the ALCS & WS? Does that give him the Cy Young?
Cy Young was voted on before the playoffs started As are all Baseball seasonal awards.
mwm
Didn't know that. Thanks.
MW13
AG
Pretty awesome Corrrea was at the game today. Not so cool that he COULD be at game or the outcome but still cool.
k20dub
AG
https://instagr.am/p/880Owfq0Jg
zgood10
AG
He was at the Rockets game tonight too
AggieGreg06
AG
Carlos Correa + Adidas = Coming soon
WES2006AG
AG
Pretty cool seeing Correa in the maroon and white
jbanda
AG
Houston sports star comes to huge game at Kyle and we lose in embarrassing fashion part 2 (see JJ Watt at the ole miss game 2014).
Sea Gull
AG
Love seeing cueto get blown up
Coby
AG
For me it's more frustrating. He's lights out against us when it matters but gets blown up the rest of the time.
mid90
AG
quote:
For me it's more frustrating. He's lights out against us when it matters but gets blown up the rest of the time.

We jumped on him real early in Game 2 of the ALDS. We just couldn't finish him off.
bigbass1170
AG
quote:
quote:
We just couldn't finish him off.

Ew.
Sea Gull
AG
This whole ALCS is making me hate Hinch, Gregerson, and Harris more and more.
iBrad
AG
Hinch had the Astros playing better baseball in the playoffs than a team with a lot more talent.
mazag08
AG
Which team would that be?

Hinch's managing blew three leads in the playoffs.. one of them epically blown at home.

Who found a way to lose despite all odds better than Hinch?
Ags #1
AG
You have a real hatred for the man.
mwm
Either Collins is a midget or that home plate umpire is a real big man.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
You have a real hatred for the man.
He would hate any manager.
Sea Gull
AG
Agree. He completely mismanaged game 4.

Don't kid yourself. The Astros have a crap ton of talent. In that ALCS, it never occurred to me that KC had the better team, talent wise. The Astros out played the Royals for 80% of the series. Too bad they got Hinched. You have to have your relievers on a very short leash in the playoffs. But nope, let's just let Harris load the ****ing bases with no outs before bringing in a dude who had pitched in 5 straight games. Jesus I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.
Kooch 3:16
AG
I think the hate for Hinch is amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 908 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.