Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,631 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I had a lot of fun watching them this season. First playoff berth in 10 years. That's something to celebrate.
THIS. As much as it hurts now, if you would have told me in April I'd be this upset about an Astros game in mid October - I would have told you to put down the bottle and get real. The future looks bright for this team, and that is something to be excited about after enduring the past 10 years.
Sea Gull
AG
I'll comment tomorrow when I'm not under the influence
mid90
AG
I know we didn't win, but how about a majestic TOFA to send off the season with a bang?
Frok
AG
If you would have told me in April that we'd choke in game 4 I would have been pissed already.
3 Toed Pete
AG
AJ Reed (first base) down at Corpus is probably a year away but he had a good season and is the future. I would really like to see him have a great spring and make the club. The two corner spots need to be nailed down by someone.
jbanda
AG
What I'd love is a 1st, 3rd, DH and catcher who can hit remotely around .250. I mean the DH has 1 job.

Conger has no business on this team (besides his mad roboting skills).
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Also I want to re sign Rasmus and I want Altuve out of the LEADOFF spot.
texasaggie2015
AG
I love you guys. Had a blast this year. Such a crazy mix of emotions going through my head right now. Sick to my stomach and extremely frustrated.... But wow. The future is so damn bright.
Frok
AG
Which one of you young guys are going to start the off season thread?
Ag_07
AG
quote:
I know we didn't win, but how about a majestic TOFA to send off the season with a bang?

mid90
AG
I think julia should do a photoshoot soon
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Let's get em next year Stros.
Ag_07
AG
And I expect of all you MFers to be posting on the thread next year. None of this showing up for the playoffs or just Game 5, or only after we lose, or after someone gives a playoff ticket code.

Everyone one of you sorry slapdeeks need to join in on the misery, joy, anger, excitement, disappointment, and pure ecstasy we season longers endure.

It really is fun I swear.
mazag08
AG
quote:
And I expect of all you MFers to be posting on the thread next year. None of this showing up for the playoffs or just Game 5, or only after we lose, or after someone gives a playoff ticket code.

Everyone one of you sorry slapdeeks need to join in on the misery, joy, anger, excitement, disappointment, and pure ecstasy we season longers endure.

It really is fun I swear.

When your coach gets fired I'll get excited. Enjoy the ****ing game 4 loss.
texasaggie2015
AG
How about next year we make that drinking game a Friday tradition?
Buck Compton
AG
Offseason priorities:

Power Bullpen Arm x2 - a true closer and a fireball setup man. Sipp then becomes even more useful in the middle to late innings.

1B - Carter absolutely has to go. I know Reed has a year to go maybe but we have to find some kind of way to get production here. Shouldn't really be a FA signing. At the worst Marwin remains a stop gap measure? This is when it hurts that Singleton didn't work.

Hitting Coach - for the love of God, someone teach our hitters how to hit with two strikes. Develop SOME SORT of discipline or logical approach at the plate.

SP - need a #2, and it won't come from the minors. Gotta go external here. Haven't looked at free agents.

DH - don't really need an outside guy here, IMO. Maybe give Tucker a chance to show his improvement if he looks good in spring ball.

3B - least likely to have anything external done to address it, but if Bregman looks good in the spring and Correa is fine at 3B, wouldn't hate that move. Maybe Lowrie and Duffy fill the gap for now.

Take care of the first three or four items there, and we are looking at a VERY competitive team again next year. We will make the outfield work, not super worried there.
Ag_07
AG
Say what you will but I bet ditching the scrubs we call a BP would bring us more wins than firing Hinch.
Ag_07
AG
Why do you guys think we need a #2 starter. Is Colin's 19 wins not good enough for #2?
tremble
AG
Keep in mind VV could also be a starter.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I think the Astros have got to give Tyler White a shot at either 1st or 3rd base next season. The guy was unbelievable this season at both AA and AAA.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Keep in mind VV could also be a starter.

I like VV as our power arm in the pen. Maybe not a closer yet but put him on the Brad Lidge track and let him work his way into that role after a couple years.
Coby
AG
I'll be back in the thread next year. Probably will continue to mostly lurk like I did this season with occasional posts. The every Friday drinking game thing sounds like a solid idea.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I just don't trust Colin. He got quite a few wins this year solely due to insane run support if I remember correctly.

I don't yet trust VV or McCullers, so I'd like a solid starter. Not a priority to me though.

Need a minimum of 2 power BP arms.

And bullshlt on Reed and white needing more time. Just like Correa wasn't ready for the first couple months of the season, right?

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
How about next year we make that drinking game a Friday tradition?

Why just Friday's?
Ags #1
AG
How do you not trust lance at this point?
Ag_07
AG
Don't trust McCullers?

Dude pitched 6 innings of 2 hit ball in game 4 of the ALDS as a rookie. What more do you need to see?

He's a shoe in for a rotation spot next year.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
How do you not trust lance at this point?

I don't wanna get into it again. He has great stuff, and looks dominant at times. Other times he can't even touch the zone. If you're gonna have him on as a starter you better keep multiple long relief guys on the bench.
Buck Compton
AG
I am fine with Reed and white coming in immediately, but understand the delay if they choose that. Would prefer earlier
Ags #1
AG
Wow. He was a rookie with a great era and at times struggled with command. He should only get betters. He did great as a rookie.
astros4545
AG
I would have no qualms with Marwin being our everyday third baseman
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
Wow. He was a rookie with a great era and at times struggled with command. He should only get betters. He did great as a rookie.

I can't argue with any of this. Only thing I'll say is he needs to be more efficient.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:

I want him on the roster but not starting every day. Need more pop than he offers
Coby
AG
Is Lowrie on contract for next season?
InnerCityAg
**** this ****.

I still blame Gomez. Are we seriously stuck with this dude next year?
astros4545
AG
quote:
quote:

I want him on the roster but not starting every day. Need more pop than he offers
He had 12 HRs in 370 PAs

that's on pace for nearly 20 HRs for full season

Also he just turned 26, I don't see why he can't improve still and still be very cheap
First Page Last Page
Page 904 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.