Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,711 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
gillom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Altuve... .372 vs lefties and .289 vs righties. He didn't see a lh all series.
agdaddy04
AG
Right back at ya. Sucks we came up short though. Those few minutes in the bottom of the 7th on Monday feels like a lifetime ago now.
TayTrox
AG
quote:
I hope Toronto rapes these ***gots

What do you have against them? They beat us fair and square. They're a great team.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Game 4, 6-2, Hinch did what he did all season.. but it's ok.. because yay Hinch!
You've gotten irrational.
gillom
AG
quote:
Someone convince me to be excited about next year with Hinch calling the shots.

Not I.
gillom
AG
mazag08
AG
quote:
quote:
Game 4, 6-2, Hinch did what he did all season.. but it's ok.. because yay Hinch!
You've gotten irrational.

We had the series won. We got Hinched. Enjoy your ****ing retard coach.
mwm
KC won 95 games. These guys are very good & Cueto earned his paycheck tonight.
Cheo
We seriously made a good run. I mean, who the **** thought we were going to be in this spot when the season started. Not me.

It's just so ****ing frustrating because we had GAME 4 IN THE BAG AND WE ****ED UP. Hopefully this is a learning experience for the young players. You can't dick around and be too relaxed after a lead. Need to keep the foot on the pedal.
agdaddy04
AG
Man this team was so much fun to watch.

Go out and spend some damn money Crane and get the best BP available.
BayAg14
Step one: find a damn catcher!
HossAg
AG
I had a lot of fun watching them this season. First playoff berth in 10 years. That's something to celebrate.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Easily the most fun I've had watching the Stros since 2005, and I was only like 12 then. It's been fun, gents. Can't wait to see what the next few years have in store.
Frok
AG
I sure hope Keuchal and Mchue can have another good season.

Carter and Rasmus may both be gone. I wish Gattis would be let go instead.
HossAg
AG
quote:

What are you talking about?
Ag_07
AG
As fun as this season was this hurts. I was really hoping we had something special.

However, I'm excited for the future of this club. These guys are all under 30, some under 25, and they've now experienced playoff baseball. That's invaluable. Hopefully they don't lose that taste and work their ass off to get back.

This offseason it's clear we need a full BP revamp, a dependable corner infielder (1B or 3B), and one more starter. Let Lunhow do his work and let's get it in 2016!

Good times fellas! I'm out for tonight.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I sure hope Keuchal and Mchue can have another good season.

Carter and Rasmus may both be gone. I wish Gattis would be let go instead.

Rasmus is definitely gone
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Um yeah... I'll take a power BP arm over a catcher any day and twice on Sundays.
Ambres
AG
Better season then I expected. Thought we would get 3rd place and not make the playoff... so good job Astros for exceeding my expectations. in the beginning of the year if someone told me we would take the Royals to Game five in the ALDS, I would have laugh.

We had another good draft and have some impressive prospect in our farm system. We found some young stars that we can develop. The team needs a few more pieces.. a dominate closer, a real clean up hitter/first baseman.. a consistent DH (or move the team back to the National League where it belongs).

Players that I would keep for next year and moves that we should make.

Catcher - Castro & Conger (I like them both and would keep them as 1/2 combo base on pitcher)
1st Base - Open (Carter needs to be replace)
2nd Base - Altuve
Short Stop - Correa
3rd Base - Open
Left Field - Colby
Center Field - Gomez (But I would compete it)
Right Field - Springer
DH - Open (How is this position not lock down?)
Closer - Replace Gregerson.. just move him to the 8th inning setup

Pitching
Keuchel - Solid ace
Feldman - Good #3 .. avg #2
McHugh - Lots of potential solid #3
L. McCullers - Good starter, needs development
M. Fiers - Move to the Pen? w/ Feldman back .. M. Fiers could help beef up the middle of the lineup.. but would he?
Kazmir - Started out strong but fizzled out towards the end. GM should do an evaluation and decide if we should drop him.. can't move him back down.. too good.. just to many good starters

Bullpen
Sipp - only member guarantee keeping.

Utility
Marisnick - great defensive outfielder... prefer him to Gomez.. felt he had a better gloove and could cover the field better
Tucker - lost in the shuffle.. was good but not great... good utility player
agdaddy04
AG
One that can field and hit.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Royals sent a bottle of champagne to Hinch.
agdaddy04
AG
I'm guessing they try to move Tucker? I'm kind of hoping they sign Rasmus to a short term deal.
mwm
Good night, boys @ girls.
agdaddy04
AG
I think Luke could be a good setup man.
tremble
AG
Cut Gattis, move Rasmus to DH. Bring up young guns to compete for 1st.

Sign a top of the order guy with a huge OBP. Bring in a flamethrower
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I'm guessing they try to move Tucker? I'm kind of hoping they sign Rasmus to a short term deal.
Why would we move Tucker? He should be our LF next year or at least be given a chance.
Diggity
AG
you guys are overreacting to a poor post season by Gattis. By that logic, we should cut Altuve.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
catcher- get rid of Castro and conger
1b - open
3b - open
OF - I'd be okay with springer, Gomez, and Rasmus but not excited about it.
DH - open
SP - Keuchek, Mchugh, X, McCullers, Feldman/Fiers.

Mchugh is a strong #3 or weak 3. Need another strong 2 but I understand if we don't do it.

BP - I honestly don't care if we keep a single ****in guy that we have.
agdaddy04
AG
I wouldn't mind that but they didn't give him much of a shot towards the end of the year. He seemed like the forgotten man on the bench.
mazag08
AG
Step 1.. fire Hinch

Step 2. Hire Biggio
Ag_07
AG

quote:
Catcher - Castro & Conger (I like them both and would keep them as 1/2 combo base on pitcher) Conger is useless. Both at the plate and behind it.
1st Base - Open (Carter needs to be replace)
2nd Base - Altuve
Short Stop - Correa
3rd Base - Open
Left Field - Colby
Center Field - Gomez (But I would compete it) WTF are you talking about? Gmez is our CFer next year.
Right Field - Springer
DH - Open (How is this position not lock down?)
Closer - Replace Gregerson.. just move him to the 8th inning setup

Pitching
Keuchel - Solid ace
Feldman - Good #3 .. avg #2 Screw Feldman. He's never healthy and when he is he's mediocre at best
McHugh - Lots of potential solid #3 a 19 game winner has potential? A solid #3? Colin is your #2 hands down
L. McCullers - Good starter, needs development Needs development? You see what he did this year. He's here to stay and he's your #3 hands down.
M. Fiers - Move to the Pen? w/ Feldman back .. M. Fiers could help beef up the middle of the lineup.. but would he? Good #4
Kazmir - Started out strong but fizzled out towards the end. GM should do an evaluation and decide if we should drop him.. can't move him back down.. too good.. just to many good starters He's not under contract and I don't expect him to be back unless he's OK with battling for a rotation spot in spring training.

Bullpen
Sipp - only member guarantee keeping. Total revamp as far as I'm concerned

Utility
Marisnick - great defensive outfielder... prefer him to Gomez.. felt he had a better gloove and could cover the field better If you prefer Marisnick over Gmez I'm not sure what to tell ya.
Tucker - lost in the shuffle.. was good but not great... good utility player Needs more ABs. Should probably be traded this offseason.

Boiling Denim
quote:

You are out of your damn mind if you think the guy the Cy Young winner credits the most for his success is gonna be replaced next year
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
you guys are overreacting to a poor post season by Gattis. By that logic, we should cut Altuve.

Gattis had a 0.0 WAR for the season. Goodbye.
bjraggie10
AG
quote:
I had a lot of fun watching them this season. First playoff berth in 10 years. That's something to celebrate.
THIS. As much as it hurts now, if you would have told me in April I'd be this upset about an Astros game in mid October - I would have told you to put down the bottle and get real. The future looks bright for this team, and that is something to be excited about after enduring the past 10 years.
Ag12thman
AG
Does Biggio seriously want to manage?
First Page Last Page
Page 903 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.