Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,824 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
On 790 this morning they mentioned the Orioles own Crush City and that's why we have Hustletown. I didn't realize that but figured someone must've said something for it to stop abruptly.
screw the orioles
byfLuger41
AG
I signed up 6 emails for the ALCS ticket section and only 4 received "not selected" emails. Still hoping the other two miraculously get some code this morning. If I end up getting a code this morning, I'll share it with one of you guys.

The good news is my buddy, new season ticket holder, did get selected and I'm piggybacking him for game 1 & 3 at home. Already scored game 2 at home!

HATEEEEEEEE!!!!
gambochaman
CFTXAG10
AG
MF GAMEDAY!

BRING THE HAT GUYS!
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
quote:
On 790 this morning they mentioned the Orioles own Crush City and that's why we have Hustletown. I didn't realize that but figured someone must've said something for it to stop abruptly.
screw the orioles

If I've learned anything from the Seahawks marketing department, we should begin calling ourselves the Crushes instead.
HossAg
AG
LETS ****IN GO
Boiling Denim
I'm getting more of a 2005 Rockets/Mavs Game 7 vibe than a 2005 Astros/Cards Game 6 for this one today.
HossAg
AG
quote:
I'm getting more of a 2005 Rockets/Mavs Game 7 vibe than a 2005 Astros/Cards Game 6 for this one today.

Well then gtfo with your negativity
k20dub
AG
LET'S GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k20dub
AG
quote:
quote:
The Rangers have a history of blowing Price up.
And Price has a history of being terrible in the playoffs, a la Kershaw
Kershaw went 7 innings, 3 Hits, 1 ER, 8 Ks last night
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

WGAF...This is an Astros thread and we're gettin amped for today's game between the Crush City Stros and the Kansas City A-Holes
GoneForGood
Quick question regarding pitchers: If we put a starter (i.e. Keuchel) in as a reliever in tonight's game to follow McHugh, does that starter have to miss any games?

I honestly don't trust our bullpen to finish this game, and maybe if we win tonight to advance (God willing) they can get everything sorted out. But until that time can we use a starter as a reliever and NOT suffer a penalty?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Quick question regarding pitchers: If we put a starter (i.e. Keuchel) in as a reliever in tonight's game to follow McHugh, does that starter have to miss any games?

I honestly don't trust our bullpen to finish this game, and maybe if we win tonight to advance (God willing) they can get everything sorted out. But until that time can we use a starter as a reliever and NOT suffer a penalty?
We can run Jose Altuve out there, it doesn't matter. The only negative about using say Dallas is that he probably won't be starting game 1 of the next series. If there is not game 1 then it doesn't matter. You throw the kitchen sink at KC tonight because you have to win.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:

There is no way Keuchel or McCullers pitches tonight, IMO. Everyone else is fair game.

No game restrictions (this isn't little league, they're grown ass men) but a pitcher can only pitch so many pitches before his arm is flat worn out. You have a bullpen session on one of your break days generally, which is why it's possible a starter could come in for an inning. I think you see keuchel game 1 ALCS if we get there.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I saw that. He finally got the monkey off his back last night. He was 1-6 (?) before last night in postseason appearances.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

There is no way Keuchel or McCullers pitches tonight, IMO. Everyone else is fair game.

No game restrictions (this isn't little league, they're grown ass men) but a pitcher can only pitch so many pitches before his arm is flat worn out. You have a bullpen session on one of your break days generally, which is why it's possible a starter could come in for an inning. I think you see keuchel game 1 ALCS if we get there.

Someone posted a tweet earlier that said if Keuchel pitched at all today, it would take the place of his bullpen session. So, I doubt he misses game 1 ALCS (if we win), unless he has an extended outing.
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:

We can run Jose Altuve out there, it doesn't matter. The only negative about using say Dallas is that he probably won't be starting game 1 of the next series. If there is not game 1 then it doesn't matter. You throw the kitchen sink at KC tonight because you have to win.
Those are my thought's exactly. We HAVE to win tonight to keep the season going. If we have to use Keuchel, we could start Fiers or McCullers in Game 1 and let Dallas pitch later.
GoneForGood
Either way, I do not trust our bullpen one bit. KC knows if they can get to the 7th or 8th within striking distance, they feel they can win.
k20dub
AG
Ouch
Boiling Denim
quote:
quote:

Keuchel is almost 100% a lock to pitch tonight barring a complete game or 8 IP from McHugh

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Keuchel is almost 100% a lock to pitch tonight barring a complete game or 8 IP from McHugh

If we are up by less than 3 then I think we see him in one of the last 3 innings.
GoneForGood
I also think a lot of it will have to do with Keuchel WANTING to pitch. He's a competitor and wants to help this team win.
byfLuger41
AG
Are we allowed to say ***got?
byfLuger41
AG
Was going to post a Blazing Saddles meme about dancing around like Kansas City ***gots, but don't wanna pick up a ban.
Ag_07
AG
Here's all I know.

• If McCugh comes out and we're behind we're fcked. - We need Colin to go deep and leave with a lead.
  • If we're behind when Cueto comes out we're fcked. - Rock Cueto early and get him out with a lead. Force them to use their pen when behind. You don't want them going to their pen if they're up.

And we thought the WC game in NYC was stressful!!!
Buck Compton
AG
I understand the concept behind it replacing your bullpen session, but the night game complicates that as well. Right now, if he doesn't pitch, then he will be SKIPPING his bullpen session entirely. Not the end of the world, especially this far into the season.

If we get 7 from McHugh and have a lead, I am heavily against using Keuchel. I would rather throw Fiers. Just my opinion. Either way, you're likely only getting one inning of game pitches from keuchel. Two at the absolute max.

I won't blame Hinch either way on that particular decision.
Ag_07
AG
You mean these Kansas City ***gots?

I wish I was better at this so i could add in some Royals graphics.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I understand the concept behind it replacing your bullpen session, but the night game complicates that as well. Right now, if he doesn't pitch, then he will be SKIPPING his bullpen session entirely. Not the end of the world, especially this far into the season.

If we get 7 from McHugh and have a lead, I am heavily against using Keuchel. I would rather throw Fiers. Just my opinion. Either way, you're likely only getting one inning of game pitches from keuchel. Two at the absolute max.

I won't blame Hinch either way on that particular decision.
If we get 7 from Mchugh with a lead then we only need 2 innings of work. I want Gregerson, Sipp, or Keuchel.
Buck Compton
AG
If we get 6, I want Fiers, Gregerson to finish. Honestly, I want Sipp, Gregorson if we get 7. Less than 6, throw Fiers and see if he bridges to the end. Don't let Harris, Fields, or Perez near this game.
ClickClack
AG
Alright guys, I purchased a pair for each ALCS home game, which I think allows 6 more to be purchased for each game. PM me.
Farmer1906
AG
PM Sent
Mr.Bond
AG
Sent. I only want two
Farmer1906
AG
Thanks ClickCLack. 4 for Wed.
Mr.Bond
AG
2 for Wednesday
Mr.Bond
AG
Section 152 Row 10 thanks click clack
First Page Last Page
Page 873 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.