Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,874 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They would have ****in pulled Harris earlier.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
Got selected

SHARE IT AFTER YOU USE IT.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Dude... No. We were up by 4 freakin runs in the 8th. You pull out all the stops to win that game.

You would literally defend Hinch to the death, I'm convinced.
ClickClack
AG
If I don't buy the allotment, I will.
mazag08
AG
quote:
Dude... No. We were up by 4 freakin runs in the 8th. You pull out all the stops to win that game.

You would literally defend Hinch to the death, I'm convinced.

This. You never plan for the next series until you're there.
jbanda
AG
The only team I hate more than the Rangers...the damn Cubs.
gillom
AG
I was extremely confident we would win after being down 2-0 yesterday. Unfortunately, I am equally confident we get boat raced tomorrow. McHughs quote gives me some hope but you can't give a team as good as the Royals extra chances. I have yet to post my thoughts on yesterday's game but I'll phrase it like this: Hinch's inability to properly manage the bullpen put them in a position to fail, which they ultimately did. I'll also say that while Correa is a bonafide star that is well on his way to being a perennial all star, he makes quite a few errors. Costly errors. Move that dude to 3b and let him rake. I'll be rooting just like I have all year but my confidence is waning. This teamhas the perfect make up of veterans and a stupid amount of young talent. I can say with confidence that Hinch cost us enough games to lose the division and a game yesterday that may have cost us a WS. But, here's a blue star for Milo and I hope they prove me wrong.
UncleNess
AG
@AstrosJesus will guide us to victory
Ag_07
AG
So I didn't really wanna open this can of worms but I've got to know...What would you guys have done differently yesterday as far as BP management? I'm assuming you mean put in Fiers?

I guess it's why I'm not a MLB manager, but in yesterday's situation I'm going with my middle relievers who've faired rather well lately rather than a starter who hasn't made an appearance all series. Not to mention said starter was rocked last time he came out of the pen. Not saying they give me confidence but it's what's I've got and it's what they do. I'm not changing what I do and thinking outside the box this far down the line.

He put in the best players he had and not one could get an out. Not to mention he tried everything except firing his last bullets. I'm not a fan of firing those last bullets until your backs are against the wall. Our backs weren't against the wall. It's a win we wanted, but not a win we needed. It's hard to see that as a fan but its true. We didn't need to win yesterday.

Now pinch hitting for Carter and using Jed for Castro was dumb. He Hinched that up big time.

I know I'm in the minority but I still like debating this stuff with you baseball nerds.
agdaddy04
AG
Agree with a lot of what you posted. The only thing I wasn't on board with was leaving Harris in after the long bottom of 7th. Although if we could have brought in a couple more runs instead of a short pop fly and a K, I think we're talking about the ALCS instead. Them holding it to a 4 run lead kept them mentally in the game.
McGibblets
AG
My main complaint is why the hell was Harris left in for so long?
Ag_07
AG
I can see that and that didn't really dawn on me actually.

At the time I actually thought it was refreshing to see him run Harris back out there. How many times have we said 'Holy sheet why did he yank so and so when he was dealin?'. And I feel like Harris after a long wait is better than anyone else he had.
agdaddy04
AG
Of who is available I would've liked to see Sipp in at the beginning of the inning. A few months ago, probably would've preferred Fields but he's been wildly inconsistent since being called back up. Truthfully there isn't much to choose from in our BP, and so that's why I'm not sure why everyone hates Hinch so much. My concerns are more with the lineup and being stubborn to make certain changes, but constantly tinkers with others.
Ag_07
AG
At the game it looked like Sip wasn't ready yet. Strom made the trip to stall but it wasn't long enough.

Guess that's on Hinch and I agree Harris was left in too long.
Ag_07
AG
Completely agree! No one out there gives you warm and fuzzys and it's really a roll of the dice of what you're gonna get with our BP.

I said awhile ago everyone bashed AJ but the biggest eff up is on Lunhow for not landing a power arm for the pen.
agdaddy04
AG
The one person I don't want to see is Neshek and think they should've gone with VV or Qualls instead of him for the ALDS roster.
gillom
AG
Harris was left in too long, Fiers never got a shot, Fields got lit up in game 2... I would have been fine running McHugh out there. You have the number 1 seed on the ropes, at home, hold nothing back. This the ****ing playoffs. Mother****in David Price pitched 3 innings of relief in a blowout. Win that ****ing game at all costs.
Ag_07
AG
We didn't need to win like Toronto did. In no way was McCugh going out there. Conger would've taken the mound before Colin.

After this discussion I think Hinch effed but by leaving Harris in too long and not having someone up and ready. He's got to be prepared for that. Other than that I don't see a glaring mismanagement on his part.

I see an epic collapse of scrubs who choked.

And how the fck do you guys say you don't manage for what's upcoming? You've got to look ahead and not blow you're wad and get stuck with no ammo. We didn't have to win yesterday and I'm glad he didn't throw Fiers or McCugh cause nothing is a guarantee in this game. They very well may have been given a run or two after our relievers blew it. If that happens you're in the same boat but trotting Kazmir out there tomorrow with no one behind him. He played that aspect of the debacle right.
mike_ags_fan12
The past is the past, let's take care of business tomorrow! We did it before in their stadium and we can do it again!
3 Toed Pete
AG
I agree with 07 about McHugh. He has a starter's mentality because that is what he is and what everyone expected. I doubt it ever came up at any time before they game that he may pitch. Not sure you would just want to throw him in there. With Price, they knew they may use him if the situation presented himself. Hinch's only real error was leaving Harris in too long.
gillom
AG
You have a 4 run lead at home... finish that *****. I'd have preferred Fiers but I used McHugh to prove the point that when you have a chance to end it, you freakin end it. I agree lunhow screwed up in not getting a reliever. You know who he did get? A guy that threw a no hitter. WTF haven't we seen that guy? Win yesterday and all our pitchers get 3 days rest. Now we go on the road, with our stellar road record, to try to put away a team that doesn't get put away. They literally do no lose elimination games. It was just a total cluster**** of a wasted opportunity.
agdaddy04
AG
Cussing at us isn't getting your point across any better. We've got our opinions and you've got yours. Now, let's watch tomorrow night unfold and we'll be heading to the ALCS.
gillom
AG
I apologize. Was not aimed at any poster. That was never my intent. I made my first post as tactful as possible and let my frustration go after that.
Texaggie7nine
So many names on this thread that I've never seen.
7nine
Hickory High
AG
I got selected. Think I'll turn it down tho. Not feelin it.
UncleNess
AG
quote:

Oh yeah well you didn't join until page five, so

shano0603
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh yeah well you didn't join until page five, so

the OP started the thread and peaced out.....

or is that one of you?
bigbass1170
AG
****IN GAMEDAY
BMX Bandit
quote:
Harris was left in too long, Fiers never got a shot, Fields got lit up in game 2... I would have been fine running McHugh out there. You have the number 1 seed on the ropes, at home, hold nothing back. This the ****ing playoffs. Mother****in David Price pitched 3 innings of relief in a blowout. Win that ****ing game at all costs.

Price pitched so they wouldn't have to start him today.
gillom
AG
Lol... they don't trust their ace? I kind of agree with you.
byfLuger41
AG
ITS MFGD!!!!
Houston Summit
AG
GAMEDAY
Sea Gull
AG
The Rangers have a history of blowing Price up.
agdaddy04
AG
On 790 this morning they mentioned the Orioles own Crush City and that's why we have Hustletown. I didn't realize that but figured someone must've said something for it to stop abruptly.
mid90
AG
quote:
The Rangers have a history of blowing Price up.
And Price has a history of being terrible in the playoffs, a la Kershaw
First Page Last Page
Page 872 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.