Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,166,275 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
JT05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hosmer hit a 2 run bomb after fields walked lead off guy. 9-6 royals. 2 down
Boiling Denim
If A&M lose this weekend I'm making a vow to never watch another sporting event as long as I live
Frok
AG
What happened is our team started partying in the dugout like little kids and now just got their assess beat in the ground by men.
MW13
AG
That may have been the single worst inning in Astros history.

Pretty sure I'm going to puke.
Hickory High
AG
Rockets season starts soon
Ag12thman
AG
Poorly managed pitchers cost us this one. I don't think we have the mental toughness to pull off a win in KC Wednesday. Just don't see it. Hope I'm wrong.
SA-AG72
AG
quote:
mid90
AG
well, if it's any consolation, the Rangers are also melting down in their game. Down 5-0 in the top of the 3rd, Holland has already been chased off the mound.
McGibblets
AG
At least rangers are down 8-0
Buck Compton
AG
Something with Houston sports and clutch choke jobs I just never understood. Some of the all time biggest collapses ever. This doesn't even qualify but God this hurts.
Gigemags382
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Harris has been our best and most consistent reliever all year, and two of the four hits were not hit that well. Everyone would have been complaining had Hinch taken him out sooner and Sipp or Fields or someone else were to blow it. It sucks, but this is on the players (our best reliever) for not getting the job done. Plus, had Valbuena done his job, this game would be at worst tied right now.

Yea, ok
What was not true about anything I said?

I've watched quite a bit of stros games this year, and it always seems like Harris is giving up hits/runs. Granted, stats look good. But it seems like when needed he never comes through.
Harris has been our best reliever. The problem is we do not have anyone at this point that has been consistent of late and/or ultra reliable, cannot blame the manager for that.

Agree to disagree. Pitchers get in funks. You dont leave him in when he's given up 3 straight singles. What was he showing TODAY that made you think there was any chance he was going to get out of that inning?
PetroAg13
AG
BTHO BAMA **** BASEBALL, WHO EVEN CARES
Diggity
AG
Yeah, I hate it when our players get excited.
Ag12thman
AG
Lost all our focus after the homerun display. ALL. OF. IT.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
What happened is our team started partying in the dugout like little kids and now just got their assess beat in the ground by men.
Give it a rest. That had nothing to do with the pen.
mazag08
AG
How do you not blame this on the coach?

The bullpen has been shaky for half the year and gave up a lead in game two. How do you not ride your starter until he absolutely cant go anymore? How do you not go to a fresh rested starter who has thrown a no hitter and has yet to be used? How has he not been used yet? How do you pull one of your hotter hitters in the 7th?

Game after game these ridiculous decisions were made, and we lost TONS of games directly from Hinch snatching defeat when everything was going well. The guy manages his way into losses.

How many times do we have to say it?

Just keep making excuses for this piece of ****. Its all on him.
TexasRebel
AG
3 outs for 3 runs.

Get 'em.
gambochaman
AG
THIS JERK JUST LOST MY VOTE:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2015/10/12/governor-greg-abbott-tweets-congratulations-to-astros-before-the-game-is-over/
jr15aggie
AG
Wow. Some talk about the Killer B's before this game... well, I saw enough of this type of crap back in the day. I cared way too much back then... very glad to be more casual now. Have fun when things are good, but not that big of a deal when it goes to crap.

Today was about as bad as I've ever seen though. Still hurts. T&P for you guys that are really invested... you deserved better!
Eric Forman
AG
Best opportunity to make it the next round of playoffs and it's pissed away. Just sickening.
mid90
AG
quote:
At least Houston has choked

Wrong thread broskie.
Engine10
AG
I get that it's tough, but some of you are just unbelievable. Still another game left, and this one isn't even over.
rosco511
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Harris has been our best and most consistent reliever all year, and two of the four hits were not hit that well. Everyone would have been complaining had Hinch taken him out sooner and Sipp or Fields or someone else were to blow it. It sucks, but this is on the players (our best reliever) for not getting the job done. Plus, had Valbuena done his job, this game would be at worst tied right now.

Yea, ok
What was not true about anything I said?

I've watched quite a bit of stros games this year, and it always seems like Harris is giving up hits/runs. Granted, stats look good. But it seems like when needed he never comes through.
Harris has been our best reliever. The problem is we do not have anyone at this point that has been consistent of late and/or ultra reliable, cannot blame the manager for that.

Agree to disagree. Pitchers get in funks. You dont leave him in when he's given up 3 straight singles. What was he showing TODAY that made you think there was any chance he was going to get out of that inning?
Agree, but you have a four run lead and two of the hits were not hit that hard. More importantly, who else would you trust to come in to relieve him? I definitely do not trust Fields or Neshek. Fiers is a complete unknown. Gregorson is not a guarantee, so really only other option was Sipp and not like he was that much better.
Boiling Denim
quote:
Ohh geez I can't wait

MAROON
AG
quote:
What. HAPPENED?

Again, some of us are at work!
We pulled a Houston
PetroAg13
AG
At least the rangers are losing too, misery loves company
W
AG
lead single for Correa
TexasRebel
AG
1 on.

It's a start.
El Mero Guero
quote:
No thanks. Done with professional sports. Forever this time.
Frok
AG
Well score 2 now
Hickory High
AG
This is the worst
W
AG
brutal strike call on Rasmus. Should be 3-0
Diggity
AG
You'll be back complaining in no time my friend.
mid90
AG
can't believe Fields gave up a 2 run homer. Else I'd be feeling good about still pulling this one out.
TexasRebel
AG
Stop with the quote strings!!!

Just reply. If anyone cares to read it they can click on the reply label to find out wtf you're talking about.
First Page Last Page
Page 865 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.