Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,166,290 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, back to positivty.. is this not setting up just like the Chris Burke HR game?
Gigemags382
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Harris has been our best and most consistent reliever all year, and two of the four hits were not hit that well. Everyone would have been complaining had Hinch taken him out sooner and Sipp or Fields or someone else were to blow it. It sucks, but this is on the players (our best reliever) for not getting the job done. Plus, had Valbuena done his job, this game would be at worst tied right now.

Yea, ok
What was not true about anything I said?

You don't leave a guy in for 4 straight singles in the 8th inning up by 4 runs. If the next guy sucks too, then I would have been mad at the players for sucking. Leaving Harris in was a retarded move, or lack thereof, by Hinch and it f'd us.
BayAg14
Jesus. Just make it end.
aTmneal
AG
Why all the Fiers love? Did any of y'all see his only relief appearance this year? Guy got blown up.

Guys a starter. He's there for an early emergency. Not one in the 7th.
Frok
AG
And we walk the first guy. My goodness. Worst bullpen ever.
agracer
AG
can't believe this....but I was at the WC game last year so I should not lose faith to quickly....
TexasRebel
AG
Must be getting paid per game.
Ag12thman
AG
quote:
McHugh. Believe it's normal rest anyway.
Will need to pitch a complete game.
aggiematt235
AG
Nobody in that bullpen needs to be back next year
tremble
AG
Done. **** our bullpen and **** Hinch
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
#hinched. Plain and simple.
mazag08
AG
I lost my feed, what happened?
rosco511
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Harris has been our best and most consistent reliever all year, and two of the four hits were not hit that well. Everyone would have been complaining had Hinch taken him out sooner and Sipp or Fields or someone else were to blow it. It sucks, but this is on the players (our best reliever) for not getting the job done. Plus, had Valbuena done his job, this game would be at worst tied right now.

Yea, ok
What was not true about anything I said?

I've watched quite a bit of stros games this year, and it always seems like Harris is giving up hits/runs. Granted, stats look good. But it seems like when needed he never comes through.
Harris has been our best reliever. The problem is we do not have anyone at this point that has been consistent of late and/or ultra reliable, cannot blame the manager for that.
mid90
AG
quote:
Why all the Fiers love? Did any of y'all see his only relief appearance this year? Guy got blown up.

Guys a starter. He's there for an early emergency. Not one in the 7th.

For me, that game is an outlier. He had just joined the team from the Brewers, and was expecting to start in a day or two. Instead McCullers imploded and Fiers had to rush out to the bullpen to warmup and come in against the Rangers. Not a situation that's conducive to anyone having a great outing.

But surely he has been told this postseason that he is the go-to long-relief guy, since he isn't in the starting rotation.
1876er
AG
Is this really THAT surprising? Remember they were 7 games up in the West and the start of September.
saltydog13
AG
game over
turfman80
AG
With this bullpen meltdown and the excess payroll reserve, management HAS to move on the need to sign a true closer.
W
AG
9-6 Royals
Hickory High
AG
Hahahahahahahaha
aggiematt235
AG
You can blame the manager for leaving him in there too long with a rested Fiers on the bench. You can blame Hinch for a lot of stuff. I know I do.
McGibblets
AG
Baseball is dumb
JT05
AG
Wow
Ag12thman
AG
quote:
Is this really THAT surprising? Remember they were 7 games up in the West and the start of September.
That's what I said earlier. This is who this team is, unfortunately.
jopatura
AG
Ugh I'm out. Can't watch this ****. They seriously need to give every fan at the game a bat and let them go to town on Hinch and our BP.
BayAg14
Ball game.
Goose83
AG
In 50 years of watching Astros baseball, I have seen many things that were not meant to be viewed by human eyes. That said, that last inning was quite possibly the most incredibly pathetic and humiliating choke job I have ever witnessed.

They are finished. Don't even bother packing the bags to go back to KC.
W
AG
Mike Fiers will have to challenge his inner Roy Oswalt (a la Game 6 of the 2005 NLCS in St. Louis)
Frok
AG
Freaking mental weak ass midgets
aggiematt235
AgKJ
AG
What. HAPPENED?

Again, some of us are at work!
Eric Forman
AG
For real... that was little league ****.
mid90
AG
Screw Hinch.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
can't believe this....but I was at the WC game last year so I should not lose faith to quickly....
You can go **** your self too.
txag614
Now the prize for choking this game away is to face Cueto in Kansas City. I guess we can hope for a miracle.
El Mero Guero
Team of limp wristed liberal eunuchs

I f_ing hate sports
First Page Last Page
Page 864 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.