Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,167,437 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeeeaahhh.... severe lack of focus at work today. I wonder why...
iBrad
AG
The Royals balanced lineup got me doing some research. With two switch hitters, they'll have five lefties and four righties versus McCullers today. Two of their lefties (Gordon and Moustakas) have actually put up worse numbers versus righties this year, as have the two switch hitters (Zobrist and Morales). On the other hand, a couple of their righties (Perez and Rios) are better versus righties. Meanwhile, McCullers has been extra tough on lefties. It should be a fun matchup.

R Escobar .252/.284/.314
S Zobrist .255/.339/.424
R Cain .292/.346/.432
L Hosmer .310/.384/.501
S Morales .284/.363/.538
L Moustakas .286/.353/.461
R Perez .281/.307/.468
L Gordon .266/.377/.428
R Rios .264/.295/.373

McCullers
vs RHB .243/.320/.409
vs LHB .209/.272/.318
Ag_07
AG
Reminds me of Biggio in the playoffs.

Now we just need someone to swing outta their ass and pop it up every AB and we've got the Killer Bs back!!
mid90
AG
quote:
Get it off of 610

Guys on 790 chatted it up about Astros the entire ride into work

I was on 790, but my ride to work came at 9:30, so i got in the trenches. I understand they're a football show, but good grief you've got a playoff game in your city in 2 hours, take a break from the football monotony and join your city in talking about the astros.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Here ya go fellas. Compliments of Orbit

My grandfather (who is my boss) said its forged and I cant go
Ag_07
AG
So you're showing up at 930 and leaving at 11?

I like you style my man!!
mid90
AG
quote:

I'm still the new guy, so I'll be watching at my desk while i kinda sorta get work done.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm still the new guy, so I'll be watching at my desk while i kinda sorta get work done.
Same here. My boss stopped by my desk this morning and said that he needs me focused today even though the Stros are playing. Everyone else in my office is kinda apathetic about the Astros and the MLB, but he knows that I'm all about all things Houston sports. So I guess we will see how focused I can be with the game streaming on my other monitor
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Reminds me of Biggio in the playoffs.

Now we just need someone to swing outta their ass and pop it up every AB and we've got the Killer Bs back!!
To be fair to Biggio he got some redemption in 04 and 05. .739 & .720 so while not great, it was a huge improvement from .237 & .235 vs ATL in 97 & 99.

Yes, those are really his OPS.
texasaggie2015
AG
I get off right after the show at 11 and don't have class until 4:15. I lucked out.
Ag_07
AG
No doubt.

It's just that when I see or hear a player is reaching I just get that visual in my head of Biggio whiffing at a slider in the other box that the catcher barely gets a glove on.
gougler08
AG
So ALCS tickets...was there a new lottery or are you entered assuming you won/purchased ALDS tickets?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
No doubt.

It's just that when I see or hear a player is reaching I just get that visual in my head of Biggio whiffing at a slider in the other box that the catcher barely gets a glove on.
Now that brings back some memories.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
So ALCS tickets...was there a new lottery or are you entered assuming you won/purchased ALDS tickets?
Good question.
gougler08
AG
And Gattis again...seriously Hinch? I was calling for Tucker yesterday, he needs a chance
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
Good question.
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/ps_opportunity_form.jsp

Per the Astros website, the sign ups all started on the same day. Therefore, you are entered into the same pool for all rounds and the drawing has already been done. We will be notified tomorrow if chosen.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
And Gattis again...seriously Hinch? I was calling for Tucker yesterday, he needs a chance

Stick with what got you here I suppose...
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good question.
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/ps_opportunity_form.jsp

Per the Astros website, the sign ups all started on the same day. Therefore, you are entered into the same pool for all rounds and the drawing has already been done. We will be notified tomorrow if chosen.
Thank you sir
jr15aggie
AG
Sorry guys, it's probably been asked. Any online watching options via FS1? Otherwise I guess I'm listening while I work!
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Sorry guys, it's probably been asked. Any online watching options via FS1? Otherwise I guess I'm listening while I work!
Here ya go

If you have a cable subscription, you can stream it here
mazag08
AG
Gattis ahead of Gomez. Valbuena ahead of Carter.

I swear.. Hinch looks at full season stats and completely ignores who's hot.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Fox Sports Go website and an app.
zgood10
AG
quote:
foxsportsgo.com
McGibblets
AG
quote:

There's a fox sports app and you can stream online from their website on your desktop
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
Here ya go

If you have a cable subscription, you can stream it here
Why isn't Dish on here
jr15aggie
AG
Thanks for the answer... I looked there earlier and didn't see the game listed as an option. Once I signed in via my cable provider it popped up as upcoming. Awesome! Will definitely have this on in the background at work!!! Let's go Stros!!!!!

And ROFL at the Biggio & Killer B pop-ups comment earlier. Those were the most frustrating games back in the day. Couldn't score runs and yet the other team always found a way to take Randy Johnson yard for a low scoring victory. Argh!!!!
Ag_07
AG
Alright I'm outta here fellas! Headed down to MMP.

See y'all on the other side as 2015 ALDS champs!

Don't forget your ski goggles guys!!
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Alright I'm outta here fellas! Headed down to MMP.

See y'all on the other side as 2015 ALDS champs!

Don't forget your ski goggles guys!!
Bring the hate, yo!
Mr.Bond
AG
Sitting at ninfas on navigation
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I hate you.
Mr.Bond
AG
iBrad
AG
Why change now when we've been winning with that order? The only change has been Gomez and Marisnick. Gomez has batted sixth when he starts, Marisnick drops to ninth. Carter has been producing at the bottom. There's no need to move him up today.
mazag08
AG
quote:
I just did an appraisal over there off Milby. Really nice part of town!
jr15aggie
AG
Pretty incredible we are here right now! I'm a lifelong Astros fan but very casual baseball fan in general... when they started to slide down the stretch I just sorta said, "whatever, we'll see what happens". Nice to see this team get to where they are and just go for it.

It's awesome for guys like me and Kudos to all you die hards that suffered through the dark times! Good times!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I like the lineup, assuming that Correa and gattis are productive at some point
First Page Last Page
Page 836 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.