Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,120,485 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's ridiculous. When all options at 1B and 3B and relief pitcher suck and you've tried everybody including the utility guy, then there is no other recourse (other than maybe having magic beans that tell you whether Carter/Valbuena/Singleton/etc is going to hit a homerun that day and therefore to play that one). There are holes on this roster you can drive a truck through, and that's an organizational problem not a managerial one. You could blame Luhnow, I guess, for not being prepared to win the WS this year, but that would be ****ing stupid too.
The Beef01
AG
quote:
Last year we lost 90 games. With basically all the same guys. Castro, Carter, Springer, Gonzalez, Altuve, Keuchel, McHugh, Sipp, Fields, Qualls. We won a bunch of games while Lowrie was hurt and before COrrea even got here. Luis Valbuena is almost the same player as Matt Dominguez, certainly not a difference maker. Fowler vs Marisnick/Gomez? Any difference at all? I guess Gattis has been a decent upgrade, and I certainly don't think Rasmus was signed off the heap to expect to win us 20 extra games.

90 ****ing losses.
I'm not sure where to start...

...I won't, your entire take can be summed up by saying that the team's results are no different if you just keep Dominguez instead of Valbuena and Fowler instead of Marisnick/Gomez and lean on LJ Hoes instead of having Colby Rasmus.

JJxvi
AG
I agree it was harsh to claim that Valbuena is as bad as Dominguez, esp last year, however Valbuena is not as good as Dominguez was in 2013, its not like Valbuena has been some kind of savior upgrade. Fowler, however was basically just as good as what production we got in CF this year. We are better defensively but much worse offensively.
mazag08
AG
quote:
It's ridiculous. When all options at 1B and 3B and relief pitcher suck and you've tried everybody, there is no other recourse. There are holes on this roster you can drive a truck through, and that's an organizational problem not a managerial one. You could blame Luhnow, I guess, for not being prepared to win the WS this year, but that would be ****ing stupid too.
Chris Carter has a .4 WAR through 443 plate appearances.

Luis Valbuena has a .7 WAR through 479 plate appearances.

Marwin Gonzales has a 1.5 WAR through 365 plate appearances.

1B has seen somewhere between 625 and 668 plate appearances so far.

If Marwin had 625 plate appearances this year, his WAR projects to 2.38.

Carter's projects to .68

Valbuena's projects to 1.24.

Tell me 1-2 games wouldn't make a difference and that we didn't have better options.
JJxvi
AG
Marwin spent most of this season playing 3B and SS because Lowrie was hurt. Acting like he could have played 1B all year is a joke. That's not his role, hes had to play 1B as a stopgap because nobody in the organization stepped up (or could be added to the 40 man, apparently).

Its al;l well and good to pretend that SS was a rock this year but Marwin Gonzalez started 30 games there. (and Villar started 20 more)
McGibblets
AG
WE'RE HAVING A ****ING GOOD OL FASHIONED RALLY PARTY TONIGHT. WE'RE GONNA NEED ALL THE LUCK WE CAN GET TONIGHT. Y'ALL BETTER BE WATCHING THE DETROIT AUSMUSES WHOOP UP ON SOME PANSY ASS RANGER BACKSIDE. THEN WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE **** OUT OF THE ****IN MARINERS WHILE THE ANGELS ARE TAKING IT UP THE BUTT.

HERE ARE THE ****ING RULES.
1. WATCH THE MOTHER ****ING GAMES
2. WEAR ALL YOUR STROS GEAR. I DONT CARE IF IT'S A HAT, JERSEY, OR A ****ING ASTROS COCK SOCK. IF YOU HAVE IT, WEAR IT
3. DRINK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF BOOZE.I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DRINKING KEYSTONE OR 15 YEAR OLD SCOTCH. JUST DRINK
4. DO ALL YOUR SUPERSTISIONS. THAT **** WORKS
5. GET ****ING MAD

LET'S DO THIS ****. POST SEASON BOUND BABY
McGibblets
AG
And y'all add rules if y'all have any too
texasaggie2015
AG
DOES ANYONE HERE IN CS WANNA MEET UP TO WATCH?! WE ARE A BAND OF BROTHERS. WE RALLY TOGETHER. H TOWN PRIDE FOREVER.
texasaggie2015
AG
I HATE SUDDENLINK ALMOST AS MUCH AS I HATE THE RANGERS
Ag12thman
AG
SO, I haven't looked closely. Can we afford anymore losses at this point?
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
WE'RE HAVING A ****ING GOOD OL FASHIONED RALLY PARTY TONIGHT. WE'RE GONNA NEED ALL THE LUCK WE CAN GET TONIGHT. Y'ALL BETTER BE WATCHING THE DETROIT AUSMUSES WHOOP UP ON SOME PANSY ASS RANGER BACKSIDE. THEN WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE **** OUT OF THE ****IN MARINERS WHILE THE ANGELS ARE TAKING IT UP THE BUTT.

2. WEAR ALL YOUR STROS GEAR. I DONT CARE IF IT'S A HAT, JERSEY, OR A ****ING ASTROS COCK SOCK. IF YOU HAVE IT, WEAR IT
3. DRINK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF BOOZE.I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DRINKING KEYSTONE OR 15 YEAR OLD SCOTCH. JUST DRINK
5. GET ****ING MAD

Damn right
JABQ04
AG
quote:

5. GET ****ING MAD

What if not watching helps?

I will most definetly partake in booze though! No work tomm!!
texasaggie2015
AG
We should play a game...

We pick 9 posters on this thread and they each get assigned a player in the starting lineup. Every time that player reaches base, the poster takes a shot for however many bases they reach. Example: Correa doubles, take two shots. Springer singles, one shot. Carter farter, four shots. Marwin walks, one shot.

If we can get 10 posters to play, someone can be assigned Kazmir and take a shot for each whiff.

Let's get drunk boys
McGibblets
AG
I'M DOWN FOR ANYTHING THAT'LL HELP US GET A W
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
We should play a game...

We pick 9 posters on this thread and they each get assigned a player in the starting lineup. Every time that player reaches base, the poster takes a shot for however many bases they reach. Example: Correa doubles, take two shots. Springer singles, one shot. Carter farter, four shots. Marwin walks, one shot.

If we can get 10 posters to play, someone can be assigned Kazmir and take a shot for each whiff.

Let's get drunk boys
That sounds like a phenomenal idea, actually
texasaggie2015
AG
And if any Astro goes deep during the game, if he's not your player, you chug a beer.
texasaggie2015
AG
Do we have our first volunteer?

1. Houston Summit
2. TexasAggie2015
JABQ04
AG
Insert me in your drinking game. Don't have liquour but I can slam some beers
McGibblets
AG
Count me in
Houston Summit
AG
I'm down, but I reserve the right to pvss out if my player decides to go off tonight. I would like to try to avoid going to work hungover. It's a tough economy as it is, so I don't want to give my employer even more reason to fire my ass
McGibblets
AG
So summit wants Correa or Springer
texasaggie2015
AG
1. Houston Summit
2. TexasAggie2015
3. JABQ84
4. McGibblets
McGibblets
AG
Never mind. You got me now
texasaggie2015
AG
I'll just put the astros lineup in a fantasy football draft order randomizer and then plug that in with the list of posters
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
1. Houston Summit
2. TexasAggie2015
3. JABQ84
4. McGibblets
5. Houston Summit
I don't want to be listed twice, Jackass! lol
texasaggie2015
AG
My bad. Didn't mean to do that
mAgnoliAg
AG
I'll do it but I have to do it from gamecast and this thread
texasaggie2015
AG
Astros Pennant Race Drinking Game Contestants:

1. Houston Summit
2. TexasAggie2015
3. JABQ04
4. McGibblets
5. MAGnoliaAg

Who's next?!
JABQ04
AG
FYI it's JABQ04 not 84. As in class of.....
texasaggie2015
AG
My bad sir. Typing a little too fast.
Houston Summit
AG
I nominate any of Duck Patrol, Ag_07, aggie1906, Bond, shano, mid90, maz and onceaggie

Those guys are usually the most passionate as it is. Put a little booze in them and this thread will reach even greater heights

JABQ04
AG
quote:
My bad sir. Typing a little too fast.

All good. Not that old yet.
JABQ04
AG
quote:
I nominate any of Duck Patrol, Ag_07, aggie1906, Bond, shano, maz and onceaggie

Those guys are usually the most passionate as it is. Put a little booze in them and this thread will reach even greater heights

Someone's getting banned tonight.
texasaggie2015
AG
quote:
I nominate any of Duck Patrol, Ag_07, aggie1906, Bond, shano, mid90, maz and onceaggie

Where y'all at?!?
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:
I nominate any of Duck Patrol, Ag_07, aggie1906, Bond, shano, maz and onceaggie

Someone's getting banned tonight.
No doubt
First Page Last Page
Page 695 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.