Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,165,829 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw. While fighting for playoff seeding is more important than game 2 of a 162 game season, neither are going to get me that riled up. There is little difference between 3 and 6 and I never expected 2 with our schedule. All the preseason hype about power will come. We all knew the Ks would too. R-E-L-A-X Houston.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
Man, I'm so glad we got Neshek

Didn't see the game, but I'm assuming he had a rough outing. Don't worry, he was lights out for the Cards last year. I was calling for him to be the closer over Rosenthal for months.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Sample size folks. Yes we will strike out a LOT this season, but we will drop a lot of bombs.

How about the fact that we've given up 2 runs in 2 games?
mazag08
AG
It's not striking out..

It's the fact the Gattis has absolutely no plate approach. He is using every single muscle in his body to swing as hard as possible. And he is missing badly.

It's Carter looking like the first half of last year. Didn't he learn to shorten his swing and take what the pitcher gives him? Nope. New season.. new same old thing.

Granted we've gone up against two of the best 25 pitchers in the league.. but most teams would at least get a runner to third.
McGibblets
AG
It was said as somewhat of a joke. I think he gave up a homer to his first batter faced. Obviously, I'm glad we got some new arms for the pen, but hopefully he throws better in the future
shano0603
AG
To be honest, it's weird seeing a baseball team I follow lose.......
Sea Gull
AG
Yeah Gattis is posing me off. He fell victim to the same pitching approach every time. Unlike Springer who got fooled twice and then laced a double. I know it's early, but as someone said, Gattis has a terrible approach.
Sea Gull
AG
Why do they continue to get this guy healed? He can rot in the minors as far as I'm concerned.
MAROON
AG
quote:
Gattis isn't even seeing pitches. He's just gorilla swinging every time. I hope he gets that first dinger soon.. so he can calm down and play baseball.

Gattis reminds me of The Whammer from the movie The Natural - swings just like him.

iBrad
AG
For fans that once watched Jeff Bagwell and Hunter Pence, we should be used to odd swings. I wouldn't worry about how Gattis looks swinging a bat. Let's see what his numbers look like after a month or two of baseball as he adjusts to the DH role.
mazag08
AG
Oh I agree. But just to clarify.. it's not his actual swing. It's the fact that I've never seen a player swing harder in my life. His head is in right field and he's hacking at pitches near his face.
McGibblets
AG
He swings so hard that he needs to jump up in the air after his swing to keep from falling over
mazag08
AG
Today's lineup..

Altuve
Springer
Valtron
Caveman
Trogdor
Lowrie
Rasmus
Conger
Grossman

Hinch really really wants to test out the Valbuena/Gattis/Carter combo. Maybe Grossman swings the bat today.
McGibblets
AG
Hinch said yesterday that he wanted to get some of the role players to start today, so no surprise the lineup looks like this
mazag08
AG
Oh for sure. I just don't think Valtron is a 3 hole guy. It seems wasteful to keep testing him there.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Oh for sure. I just don't think Valtron is a 3 hole guy. It seems wasteful to keep testing him there.

I think they want to split R/L/R
Dgrabbs95
AG
quote:
Hinch said yesterday that he wanted to get some of the role players to start today, so no surprise the lineup looks like this
Also, Conger is going to be the catcher anytime WoJo takes the mound.
Mr.Bond
AG
Conger threw the damn ball to Sugarland
JJxvi
AG
I need to get Gattis and Springer off my ****ing fantasy team.
McGibblets
AG
345 hitters are still yet to get a hit
mazag08
AG
Springer worked the count and got beat on a great pitch.

Gattis and Carter go up yet again looking to do nothing more than swing for the fences. No patience. No approach. Just flat out give it all their might. Gatti needs to sit. At least Carter has made contact this week.

I know it's early, but neither of those guys look at all prepared to duel against pitchers. They just swing and hope.
McGibblets
AG
Great throw by springer. Conger really screwed that one up
mazag08
AG
Conger costs us another run. Ball Beat the ruNner big time and Conger fell all over himself and straight up blew the tag. Send this chump back to LA. Awful.
Dgrabbs95
AG
Well Conger is fighting off a few pitches before a walk, which is more than can be said for others *cough* Rasmus *cough*
McGibblets
AG
5 strikeouts by the Astros in the first 2 innings
UncleNess
AG
Such an odd game so far. The only bright side I see is that Bauer already has over 50 pitches. Also, his stupid short armed delivery is pissing me off
McGibblets
AG
What was that throw from Rasmus? That was terrible
shano0603
AG
Get rid of them all. Let's rebuild again
Texaggie7nine
Can we fire the manager yet?
7nine
McGibblets
AG
7 strikeouts through 3
mazag08
AG
Gattis strikes out again. Dear god sit him down.
miller0926
AG
Gattis has literally struck out in his last 7 at bats
zgood10
AG
Gattis is dogsh**
McGibblets
AG
I found a picture of Gattis. Can't hit an off speed pitch to save his life

mazag08
AG
Carter strikes out looking.

I revise my season prediction. We're losing every game. Our double A team would be better.
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.