Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,166,864 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No matter what Gattis does today, terrible coaching to start him and not have him batting lower.
mid90
AG
I think we can win tonight, even without production from Gattis.

BUT

If Gattis gets a clutch hit, it goes from "can" to "will" win IMO.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Houston Summit
AG
Gattis should not be in the lineup. He has done nothing to deserve a spot
E
AG
It's our all or nothin lineup
Ag_07
AG
It's really a tough call as far as Gattis goes. He's struggling bad but he's your guy who's gotten you there.

I could have seen it going either way I wouldn't be upset either way.

The good news you have Jake to come off the bench and pinch run for anyone in the lineup tonight. That's a huge weapon to have.
aggiematt235
AG
The bottom 4 of that lineup has me nervous AF.

Could be great. Could go 0-12.
Pignorant
AG
Tulowitzki looks like JFF.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Wrong thread homie.

GTFO
miller0926
AG
quote:
I always thought this as well.

Also that should have been Ball 4 for him, ultimately costed them a run
mwm
I wish we had the early game today. I'll be so jacked up, win or lose, I won't be able to sleep tonight.
Ag_07
AG
Valbuena and Crter have both shown a nice ability to take a walk lately so hopefully they have some good ABs and get on base.

But yes overall that bottom 1/3 is scary.
jopatura
AG
If Hinch wasn't going to pull Gattis for Game 4, he certainly wasn't going to pull him for Game 5. You gotta save Marisnick for any health issues with Gomez. I don't know if any of the other backups would perform better then Gattis.
mazag08
AG
I'm pretty sure Tucker could strike out on balls in the dirt outside with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out just as well.
k20dub
AG
quote:
I can see that.
mwm
I am looking for Altuve to be willing to go to RF with pitches on the outer half of the plate instead of trying to pull every stinking pitch. If he does that tonight, we'll be just fine.
jbanda
AG
@JArnoldTAMU85: I really want both Texas teams to win so I can witness all the hate in the world in that series haha
Ag_07
AG
I'm gonna say the O/U on Astros HRs tonight is 3

I'll take the over
jbanda
AG
It almost has to be for us to have a shot.
texasaggie2015
AG
Springer, Carter, Correa and Rasmus all go deep today.
Ag_07
AG
I know. I like our chances to get to Cueto early and hold on in the end.

I also really like our team attitude. I think we're playing lose and having fun. Seems like all the pressure is on KC.
iBrad
AG
I don't think there's a manager in baseball that sits their HR and RBI leader in a deciding game five. If you think that's bad managing, then you probably wouldn't be happy with anyone leading the team. Would you also bench Altuve and his .180 BA?

Altuve and Gattis are both guys that tend to have very ugly at bats, but are also guys that impact a game at any moment with their respective abilities. One, if not both, need to contribute tonight.

I also like leaving Carter where he's been having success. He's been doing fine at the bottom of the lineup. There's no need to shuffle him back to the top. It's nice having a threat like that at the bottom.
mazag08
AG
Rasmus won't see a pitch in any situation other than bases loaded or 2 on with no outs.

Altuve HAS to come up big today. He has to get on base. When he is on base, George can hit situational which usually focuses him more and gets him to shorten that swing.
Ag_07
AG
Agree.

Plus with Gattis and Castro down there Carter can work a count a bit instead of having the bottom of the lineup all get sat down while seeing 3 pitches each (I'm looking at you Gattis and Castro). And you never know what Valbuena is gonna do. Seriously he could go yard, get a single, walk, or K on three ugly swings.

Just a nice stop gap down there.

And maz that's why I love GoGo behind Rasmus. Glad Hinch woke up and saw that one.
iBrad
AG
The only sure thing is that Valbuena will flip his bat on contact.
AggieJ2002
AG
quote:
The only sure thing is that Valbuena will flip his bat on contact.
I'm going to assume that there is no one on third base with less than 2 outs if Valbuena is making contact.
Token
AG
for y'all, my friend put this up on FB. didn't see this posted on the last 5 pages

quote:
Please join me in an Astros Prayer. Our Biggio who art in the Hall of Fame. Hallowed be thy Correa, thy runs will come. Thy pennants be hung, in Minute Maid as it is in Heaven. Give us made home runs our bread and butter. Forgive us for infield shifting,as we forgive those who shift against us. And lead us not into postseason exit, but deliver us from the spirit of Brad Lidge. For thine is the Houston, and the Keuchel, and the Luhnow, for ever and ever. In Colby Jack we pray, amen.
miller0926
AG
Wow that is luck. Pure luck
HossAg
AG
What the hell
miller0926
AG
I will be beyond pissed if the Rangers win on bull**** like that and we lose tonight.

I can't even begin to imagine what the scene will be like in Toronto after the game
MosesHallRAB04
AG
what a strange play. if choo's hand is out of the batters box is that interferance? never seen this before
astros4545
AG
quote:
I will be beyond pissed if the Rangers win on bull**** like that and we lose tonight.

I can't even begin to imagine what the scene will be like in Toronto after the game

Canadians ever riot over baseball games?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
does that ump have a golf ball chaw?
AggieJ2002
AG
How can a run score after the ump calls time and calls a dead ball?

Unlikely that toronto could have got him out, but they could say they stopped going for the ball when the ump called time and the runner had not scored yet.

And for the record, I would rather have Texas win for an all Texas ALCS if the Astros can pull it out.
Sea Gull
AG
Anybody know the rule number? I'm curious
First Page Last Page
Page 876 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.