Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,167,801 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
some huge *****es on this thread...usual suspects

Been this way all season.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tough loss, boys, but this series doesn't go back to KC & Dallas does lose at home. I'll leave it at that.

You sound fun to party with. You got tickets for Sunday? I'm sure a number of people would like your tickets if you have that attitude.

I feel like he pretty blatantly meant "doesn't"

Hah correct. One little typo.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Y'all are much more optimistic about McCullers than I am apparently. I'd rather have Fiers start that game...

Haha...We know. You're the the one that doesn't think McCullers belongs here. He's not accurate, wild, and needs to learn to pitch. We've heard it all year.
ClickClack
AG
The team lost today, not just Hinch. You can ALWAYS second guess when we don't win.

I'd like to know what the TexAgs managers would have done differently. I know some of you were saying to pull kazmir after the 4th.

We're 1-1 going home. Today hurt, but quit being little p*ssies.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
Staff- why do rangers fans get bans for posting over here? Sometimes there is some trash talk, but most of the time it's just baseball talk. But over on the Rangers thread, stros fans have a field day when we lose without ever getting banned. I'm not trying to start trouble, just a serious question.

[If it belongs on Rivalries, it will result in a ban. If it's baseball talk, it won't result in a ban. Concerning the other thread, if posters don't like what is posted, they can use the voting function. -Staff]
Cheo
I would have warmed up Mike Fiers and had him finish the game, knowing that we have a very good chance of winning on Sunday with Keuchel; he is undefeated at home. I would have gone for the sweep. I would have never played Jose Altuve to the left of the second base bag with one out and runners on first and third. I would have started Tucker at DH. He has a better eye and Gattis swings at whatever and I would have played Marwin at third or first.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
[Talk baseball or don't post. -Staff]
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Fiers should have gone in after Kazmir. Your 6+ era guy shouldn't pitch in a meaningful playoff AB.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
[Knock it off. -Staff]
JABQ04
AG
Sunday I would like to see this lineup

Altuve
Springer
Correa
Colby LF
Tucker DH
Carter 1B
Marwin 3B
Castro
Jake CF

Valbuena and Gattis haven't been absolutely horrible but haven't been what we need. Let them sit. Gives you good power for PH, plus sends a message that if you don't produce you sit.

For bullpen is like to only see
Harris
Neshek (short leash)
Sipp
Gregerson

Between those four we can handle whatever.

Also you have Fiers as long relief if, God forbid, the situation calls for it.
jopatura
AG
quote:
quote:
Fiers should have gone in after Kazmir. Your 6+ era guy shouldn't pitch in a meaningful playoff AB.

I at least appreciate the response of what you would have done. I can see an argument there. The counter-argument is we might need Fiers in game 4 if McCullers struggles, and Harris and Perez did their jobs yesterday.

I guess the thing that baffles me is that this team is not loaded with All-star talent. Even if it was, we ARE in the playoffs. But the only reason I can think of to have this level of Hinch criticism from such a vocal minority is if we were loaded to the brim with All Star talent and didn't make the postseason.

He only has a certain group of position players and pitchers to work with. I think he has over-achieved with what we have. Shouldn't you be bashing Luhnow, if anybody? (which again I think would be equally ridiculous)

If Fiers pitched two innings tonight, he would still be able to pitch something on Monday as a long reliever. Starting would be out, but Mccullers should get the nod anyways. If that was truly Hinch's plan, then he's really poor for the postseason... You play to win the game you're in, not two games away.

If Hinch really wanted the lefty matchup, he should have gone with Sipp in hindsight.

But pitchers aside, the game was lost on the shift. That is a managerial decision.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I at least appreciate the response of what you would have done. I can see an argument there. The counter-argument is we might need Fiers in game 4 if McCullers struggles, and Harris and Perez did their jobs yesterday.

I guess the thing that baffles me is that this team is not loaded with All-star talent. Even if it was, we ARE in the playoffs. But the only reason I can think of to have this level of Hinch criticism from such a vocal minority is if we were loaded to the brim with All Star talent and didn't make the postseason.

He only has a certain group of position players and pitchers to work with. I think he has over-achieved with what we have. Shouldn't you be bashing Luhnow, if anybody? (which again I think would be equally ridiculous)

If Fiers pitched two innings tonight, he would still be able to pitch something on Monday as a long reliever. Starting would be out, but Mccullers should get the nod anyways. If that was truly Hinch's plan, then he's really poor for the postseason... You play to win the game you're in, not two games away.

If Hinch really wanted the lefty matchup, he should have gone with Sipp in hindsight.

But pitchers aside, the game was lost on the shift. That is a managerial decision.
I agree, the shift against a RH batter was really the deal breaker. Then somehow you pitch the batter away?? It's rough to take a loss like this when your clueless manager puts you in s position to lose.
agdaddy04
AG
Okay so in this LAD game you have the shift on and the catcher is setup outside. I really don't understand this. So easy to just slap the bat and push it to opposite field.
InnerCityAg
One thing that I would definitely not do going forward is bring in Perez. Not unless we're up 6 runs.

Fields throwing 4 straight balls was absolutely inexcusable, but I ultimately put that entire inning on Perez.
InnerCityAg
quote:
Okay so in this LAD game you have the shift on and the catcher is setup outside. I really don't understand this. So easy to just slap the bat and push it to opposite field.

LOL. If its that easy then you must be playing on an MLB team somewhere. People only ***** about the shift when it doesn't work. That and stolen bases.

That is why the Stros are where they are right now.
agdaddy04
AG
I was truly asking. I would think if you have the shift ok that you would try and setup where it forces him or at least makes them want to hit it that direction. But I'm also not privy to all of the analytics so I'm probably wrong. I'm not going to lie and say it hasn't worked for us this year, but it sure does put you out of position for double plays it seems.
Sea Gull
AG
Don't see how it was his fault...just had some unlucky bounces.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Don't see how it was his fault...just had some unlucky bounces.

Agreed. Bloop single, and then a routine double play ball that snuck through because we overthink everything at times and shifted instead of positioned for a double play. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Perez, but I don't see how that can possibly be entirely placed on Oliver.
CFTXAG10
AG
Anyone else headed to the juice box tomorrow?

I will be bringing the hate from section 155
miller0926
AG
quote:
Anyone else headed to the juice box tomorrow?

I will be bringing the hate from section 155
section 313 row 2. If y'all haven't seen yet, it's an Orange out and the gates open at 11:30
Sea Gull
AG
I like the shift when no one is on or there's 2 outs. And if you have to do the shift, then pound it inside.
Sea Gull
AG
I'll be at the game
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'll be there but I has no orange...
Texaggie7nine
Selling 2 in sec 133 row 8 for monday
7nine
Boiling Denim
So basically KC needed Hinch to get every decision wrong last night to pull off a win

Kazmir
Perez
Shifts
Gomez

Gotta feel good we can end this in Houston if Keuchel does his thing tomorrow
mid90
AG
I feel like a lot of the times we shift, we pitch the batter away. Seems to happen more with relievers than starters. Maybe I'm crazy
htxag09
AG
I've noticed this with every team I've watched this year. It's like they aren't even considering a shift is being played when selecting pitches.
Mr.Ackar07
Anyone heard from the Astros about ALCS tickets yet? The random drawing should take place today with codes going out on the 13th. There is already a ticketmaster link to ALCS tickets on their website with a place to enter the passcode.
mid90
AG
quote:
Anyone heard from the Astros about ALCS tickets yet? The random drawing should take place today with codes going out on the 13th. There is already a ticketmaster link to ALCS tickets on their website with a place to enter the passcode.

Did you have to enter separately for the alcs tickets? Or if i entered the lottery for the wild card/alds tickets will my name already be in there?
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:

Did you have to enter separately for the alcs tickets? Or if i entered the lottery for the wild card/alds tickets will my name already be in there?
It should draw from the same bank of emails by my understanding.
ClickClack
AG
I'll be there tomorrow section 253. Good thing I bought an orange Astros playoffs shirt yesterday.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I'll be there but I has no orange...
Ditto. I picked up a gray & blue shirts. I don't think I owe anything that is orange.
McGibblets
AG
Ready for Keuchel to kick some ass tomorrow
Buck Compton
AG
That last game still stings a bit but have some confidence in Keuchel. Gonna be raising hell in section 131!
tamugmidn
AG
Section 419 here
First Page Last Page
Page 821 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.