Cubs thread v2.0

579,066 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's get some freaking runs
Biz Ag
TexAgs1992
It's so dark in my mind right now. Why is it always us.
Macpappy99
AG
I've been trying not to post but this crap has to stop now. It's the flippin mets. Get the damn bats going
Lance Uppercut
AG
Not sure why he fell in love with la stella
Know Your Enemy
AG
This strike zone is absolutely disgusting.
TexAgs1992
It's been absolutely awful. I hate blaming umps but he needs to be consistent both ways.
Biz Ag
Know Your Enemy
AG
Remember when baseball was fun?
TexAgs1992
I really thought we would win the three at home and go back to NY up 3-2. Tonight hurts far more than the first two losses.
SRCag18
AG
Just have to take it one game at a time now. In a weird way, I feel if we can get the series back to New York, we can come all the way back. I know it's extremely optimistic, but this team has surprised me countless times so far this season.

So do we go Lester on three days rest now? You kinda have to I guess. And when we win it'll be Arrieta on three days rest as well.
AgShaun00
AG
i thought the strike zone was awful last night. The outside balls and low pitchers were called strike way too much. The inside pitches that were strikes weren't being called. Mets pitchers took what the ump was calling. Sucks.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm not ready to give up on this team. Figure out a way to win tonight and then you have Lester & Arrieta in the next two. If we can force a Game 7, anything is possible.

There are a bunch of parallels between this team and the 2004 Red Sox. I'm just saying.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I definitely agree that if they can get the ball back to Lester on Thursday, then game on.

But my BCS (battered Cubs syndrome) says that is a fun dream.
AgShaun00
AG
quote:
I'm not ready to give up on this team. Figure out a way to win tonight and then you have Lester & Arrieta in the next two. If we can force a Game 7, anything is possible.

There are a bunch of parallels between this team and the 2004 Red Sox. I'm just saying.
I agree. I got faith till the last out. I been saying for teams that have had so much pain and a long drought, Baseball gods are going to suck out all the blood to almost the last drop before they will let the Cubs win. First one won't be easy.
Lance Uppercut
AG
The Cubs have made a living off the long ball, but all 3 of their homers in this series have been without anyone on base.

During the season, the Cubs walked an average of 3.5 times per game. They've averaged 1.25 per game so far with the Mets.

They've also reduced the amount of fastballs they're throwing Schwarber (he still leaned out and got one yesterday) and haven't had to tiptoe around Rizzo and Bryant (hitting .179 and .161 in the postseason). There hasn't been a single Mets pitcher to struggle with their command, and de Grom noted openly that they'd reduced the amount of fastballs they're giving the Cubs' lineup.
Know Your Enemy
AG
4-game winning streak starts tonight.
Know Your Enemy
AG
11 years ago around this time my buddy and I were getting ****faced at Eskimo Joe's after we *****slapped Okie Lite. That night we watched the Yankees kill the Red Sox to take a 3-0 lead in the ALCS. I told him that Boston would win the the series and they went on to win the next 8 games to become World Series Champions. I'm telling you guys now that the Cubs will win at least the next 4 games and will also be crowned World Champions. Book it.
toucan82
now I'm going to bet everything I have on the cubs winning the series
Know Your Enemy
AG
Congrats on doubling up your $37.
toucan82
you misplaced the decimal

it's actually $3.70
10andBOUNCE
AG
Ouch
Know Your Enemy
TexAgs1992
Know Your Enemy
AG
I hope Theo & Jed are already looking at pitching options for 2016.
Macpappy99
AG
They're letting this kid work at a quick pace. Step out of the box and make him wait and think. Even Maddon looks stunned.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bases loaded nobody out and we can only get 1 run.
toucan82
Nice hustle, Dexter
Know Your Enemy
AG
It's time for machine called balls & strikes. This is embarrassingly bad.
Know Your Enemy
AG
14 HR's all season with a .781 OPS. He has now homered in his 6th consecutive playoff game which has never been done in the history of baseball. Time for a random drug test for Daniel Murphy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
**** YOU! YOU DONKEY RAPING **** EATER! THAT WAS NOT A ****ING STRIKE!
AgShaun00
AG
Perfect way to end.
BobOliver2006
AG
quote:
It's time for machine called balls & strikes. This is embarrassingly bad.

unfortunately they probably would have used tbs's k zone which was equally sh***y
AgShaun00
AG
I think it was about a foot off on the outside on right side of the box. Awful.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Tough way to go, but the Cubs were still way ahead of "schedule". As mentioned, hopefully they're looking for some pitching help.

Still, good year.
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.