Cubs thread v2.0

579,023 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Home opener snowed out today.
toucan82
Thanks a lot, Trump
Mozart Paintings
AG
Yet White Sox played. Wtf?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rizzo to the DL
Know Your Enemy
AG
JAVY IS EN FUEGO!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Four HR's in the last two games.
Biz Ag
AG
Fourth-grader skips school for Cubs game, runs into principal
diehard03
Quote:

I feel like this is the worst thing for Javy. Two games of production will lead to 10 games of strike outs.
diehard03
Quote:

Yet White Sox played. Wtf?

Eh, Cubs built the off day in the schedule for the opener. Sox wasn't the home opener and no off day.

Also looked like 2 different weather patterns going on at different stadiums.
Know Your Enemy
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I feel like this is the worst thing for Javy. Two games of production will lead to 10 games of strike outs.
He said in his postgame interview on the field that he's not going to start thinking HR all the time. Now it remains to be seen if he sticks to that but at least his mindset is in the right place.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I'm also a Rangers fan, and have watched Yu do this way too many times. pick pick pick at the corners and then give up a bomb

Yu gunna Yu.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs were down 10-2 earlier and have now tied it in the 8th with Javy still at 2B!
Mozart Paintings
AG
9 run 8th inning. Beautiful.

All 9 runs scored with 2 outs.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Another postponed game.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Blindside05 said:

Heading to Chicago April 14-16 for wife's bday, braves are in town that weekend followed by the cards on Monday (unfortunately won't be able to catch that one). Plan on going to game Sunday. I've been to one game at Wrigley about 15 years ago when I was about 12 and we sat in the bleachers then. Want to sit somewhere different this time around. What is yalls opinion of best seat? Have a budget of about $30-50 per. Found some on stubhub in sec 226 how are those? Also what's the do's and don'ts before and after the game? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
guessing you didn't get to hit up wrigley. Terrible weather in Chicago this past weekend, although seeing that 9 run 8th inning on Saturday would have been fun. I don't see any way I would have stuck it out however, given that they were down 10-2 and the weather was as bad as it was.

tough breaks. Hope you can get back to Chicago in the summer.
Blindside05
AG
Unfortunately we had planned Sunday afternoon as our day for Wrigley. We got up, headed to Wrigleyville, and just after we sat down for a sandwich at Lucky's it was postponed. We still had a good time moseying around Wrigleyville. Picked up a few souvenirs and got a few drinks. Wife really liked Rizzos with its covered outdoor area. All in all, despite the weather we still had a great time and definitely plan on trying to make it back up there sometime this summer
Mozart Paintings
AG
Blindside05 said:

Unfortunately we had planned Sunday afternoon as our day for Wrigley. We got up, headed to Wrigleyville, and just after we sat down for a sandwich at Lucky's it was postponed. We still had a good time moseying around Wrigleyville. Picked up a few souvenirs and got a few drinks. Wife really liked Rizzos with its covered outdoor area. All in all, despite the weather we still had a great time and definitely plan on trying to make it back up there sometime this summer
Good deal. Summer day game at Wrigley is hard to beat. Glad you guys had fun.
Know Your Enemy
AG
****. Bryant just got beaned.
Macpappy99
AG
Looks like it got the bill of his helmet. Reports are saying Bryant is ok despite looking shaken up.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Kris Bryant injury update: Cubs 3B doing 'as good as could be expected' after hit in head

PRAISE JEEBUS
Know Your Enemy
AG
HR derby in Cleveland so far. Schwarber x 2, Willy, and Happ have all gone deep.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bryant and Zobrist back in the lineup today.
Aggie8587
AG
Going to the game today at Wrigley. Repping a Stros jersey and a Cubs hat
Know Your Enemy
AG
Why the **** would you wear an Astros jersey to a Cubs-Brewers game?
Aggie8587
AG
Always rep the WS champs. Born in Chicago, raised my whole life in Houston
Know Your Enemy
AG
The starters didn't give up a single earned run in the 4-game sweep of the Brewers. The Cubs shut them out FIVE times this month.
diehard03
Quote:

Always rep the WS champs. Born in Chicago, raised my whole life in Houston

Pick a lane. And no one likes that guy.
diehard03
Quote:

The starters didn't give up a single earned run in the 4-game sweep of the Brewers. The Cubs shut them out FIVE times this month.

I don't feel like looking it up, but I imagine the number of times someone's scored 9 runs in 4 games and won every game is low.

Now, the Pirates just need to turn back into pumpkins and we can take our rightful place in the division.
Know Your Enemy
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I don't feel like looking it up, but I imagine the number of times someone's scored 9 runs in 4 games and won every game is low.

Now, the Pirates just need to turn back into pumpkins and we can take our rightful place in the division.

Give it a few more days. It's almost midnight in Pittsburghland.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Cactus League Champs
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs are now in sole possession of first place.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Junkhead said:

Cubs are now in sole possession of first place.

Pretty good little home stand. I'll take credit for helping it get started right. Went Thursday to the 1-0 2 hour and 20 minute gem by Hendricks.
diehard03
Quote:

Pretty good little home stand. I'll take credit for helping it get started right. Went Thursday to the 1-0 2 hour and 20 minute gem by Hendricks.

I'm sure Tom will drop your ring off to you for all your work in 2016!
Mozart Paintings
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I'm sure Tom will drop your ring off to you for all your work in 2016!
I was terrrrrible in person that year
Know Your Enemy
AG
**** Heyward. What a worthless POS.
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.