Cubs thread v2.0

573,387 Views | 6317 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 10andBOUNCE
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Astros players confident that team won't suffer post-World Series hangover

Quote:

Now that the Houston Astros are starting the defense of their first World Series title, the question will be whether the team suffers a hangover from its remarkable run.

But staff ace Dallas Keuchel said he does not expect a dip in the Astros' form in a declaration that might ruffle a few feathers at Wrigley Field.

"We're not the Cubs," Keuchel told The Washington Post when asked about the Chicago Cubs' returning almost the same team from their 2016 championship and winning 11 fewer games. "I firmly believe we have better players."
A dip in form is making it to the NLCS for the 3rd straight year?
BobOliver2006
AG
apparently a couple days ago, Tommy LaStella parked in one of the front office parking spots at the Cubs complex... and they took his uniform and made him take grounders in a front office polo and shorts

Know Your Enemy
AG
Jake Arrieta pens heartfelt letter to Cubs after joining Phillies

Quote:

In the midst of what felt like never ending adversity and failure, I was traded to the Chicago Cubs on July 2, 2013," Arrieta wrote. "This was the beginning of a four and a half year stretch that would forever change our lives. On the verge of walking away from the game I love dearly, Theo called, and the transformation began. I looked myself in the mirror, as well as my two-year-old son and pregnant wife knowing in my heart that everything was about to change.

Chicago was our home, and will forever be a special place for my entire family. We raised our children in Wrigleyville, one of the most iconic places in all of sports. Going to work every day was an honour for many reasons from the storied history of the organisation, to the high character individuals I was surrounded by year after year. Three consecutive NLCS appearances, two NL Central Titles, and a World Series Championship the first in 108 years. Childhood dreams turned reality, thanks to so many amazing people, all holding one another to a very high standard.

I send gracious thanks to the Ricketts family and front office for their commitment to winning at any cost. Going the extra mile to take care of our families was never taken for granted. I was lucky to have dedicated team-mates that willingly shed blood, sweat, and tears to achieve our goals. I will miss going to battle with all of you, but look forward to competing on opposite sides moving forward. Lastly, thanks to all Cubs fans around the world for standing with us, and investing in us even when times were tough. You will all be missed dearly. Thanks for the memories.
AgShaun00
AG
i get boras is good, but do you think most GM's are tired of being bullied by him.

Sad he could have stayed easily. Still not sure if Darvish is better than Arrieta.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I believe that Boras clients better be careful going forward. I went to the Winter Meetings once and was about 5 feet away from him as he held an impromptu press conference in the hotel lobby. He certainly loves the spotlight.
TexAgs1992
Really going to miss Jake. Hope the best for him when he's not playing the Cubs but it stinks not having him at the corner of Clark and Addison anymore.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Holy ***** You have to watch the video in this story. Do NOT mess with Theo & Jed.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/46518/cubs-front-office-gets-last-laugh-in-prank-war-with-tommy-la-stella
pasquale
AG
That's good stuff and can't wait for season to open!
Know Your Enemy
AG
KB pulls another prank

Blindside05
AG
Heading to Chicago April 14-16 for wife's bday, braves are in town that weekend followed by the cards on Monday (unfortunately won't be able to catch that one). Plan on going to game Sunday. I've been to one game at Wrigley about 15 years ago when I was about 12 and we sat in the bleachers then. Want to sit somewhere different this time around. What is yalls opinion of best seat? Have a budget of about $30-50 per. Found some on stubhub in sec 226 how are those? Also what's the do's and don'ts before and after the game? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm a bleacher guy. More fun out there unless you have some badass seats. I usually hang out at Murphy's before & after the game but there are several cool bars in the area. Watch out for Ronnie Woo Woo, though.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Murphy's. Always. But I also hang at sports corner and Casey Moran's sometimes.

I like the lower 200 sections as you are under an overhang. Be careful getting too high up though in the 200 sections as the same overhang can be a bit of an obstruction.

Be prepared for a very chilly game. It could be nice but likely chilly. Dress appropriately. And the ivy won't be green yet, just FYI.

I get to wrigley the first time this year on April 27. I can't wait.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Make sure to research your potential seats to make sure they are not obstructed.
Blindside05
AG
Thanks for all the advice. Ended up going with sec 228 row 8. No obstruction and just under the overhang. Will definitely hang around Wrigleyville before and after the game. Can't express how excited I am to finally get back after all these years
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mozart Paintings
AG
First pitch. Boom
Know Your Enemy
AG
FLY THE W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On pace to go 162-0.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Blindside05 said:

Thanks for all the advice. Ended up going with sec 228 row 8. No obstruction and just under the overhang. Will definitely hang around Wrigleyville before and after the game. Can't express how excited I am to finally get back after all these years
We were there May 5 last year, never got above 50 and was very moist. Very, very cold game for Texas trash. It was karma for the beer swilling and **** talking we did in the bleachers in August a couple of years ago when it was 85 and people were complaining about the heat.
Know Your Enemy
AG
So Happ sits against a lefty but Schwarbs doesn't?
Know Your Enemy
AG
We need to win this game ASAP.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00
AG
Russell didn't deserve the L
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

AgShaun00
AG
Junkhead said:

AgShaun00 said:

Butler.
AgShaun00
AG
Junkhead said:

AgShaun00 said:

IRussell didn't deserve the L

Butler
Mozart Paintings
AG
Not a great first series. Starting pitching looked rough.
Macpappy99
AG
I haven't been able to watch any of the games. Just going by the box and recaps, I'm not seeing much improvement under the new hitting coach. Any thoughts from those that have been able to watch?
BobOliver2006
AG
My initial observation is that Heyward has been making hard contact pulling line drives to RF... but I'm not sure how much to takeaway from 4 games...
Know Your Enemy
AG
SCORE SOME ****ING RUNS!!!!!!
Macpappy99
AG
58 k's through the first five games. I thought Chili was supposed to help with "contact"
Know Your Enemy
AG
Epic troll job: Braves organist plays "Go Cubs Go" when Bryce Harper comes to the plate
Know Your Enemy
AG
8-0 win tonight at Wrigley North
Know Your Enemy
AG
This team is frustrating to watch right now.
Biz Ag
AG
They plate four runs in the 9th with only one ball (Ian Happ's Texas leaguer) making it out of the infield. Jon Lester with the squeeze bunt.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I take back my last post.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.