Cubs thread v2.0

579,038 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 10andBOUNCE
TexAgs1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was way too excited, tired, relieved, and happy to post last night. I just kept thinking about those in my family who were diehard Cubs fans and passed away before this moment. I'm sure we all did this but thank God that they are all smiling down on us right now. The Chicago Cubs are World Series Champions.
pasquale
AG
from family member last night[img][/img]
Know Your Enemy
AG
pasquale said:

from family member last night[img][/img]
Beautiful
AgShaun00
AG
can't get image to load
512Ag
AG
Astros fan just dropping in to say congrats to all you Cubs fans. You've waited a long time for this. Fantastic game last night, and a fantastic series overall. Fitting end to a great season for the Cubbies.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Good bull
diehard03
Fangraphs

Amazing article on the Zobrist double in the 10th.

TLDR: Shaw threw one of the hardest cutter he's thrown this season in the place the heatmaps says to throw to to him, and Zobrist still hit it to win.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BenZo = money
Tamu_mgm
AG
It's uncanny how many bandwagon fans there are on here.
joemeister
AG
It's uncanny how many people feel the need to point out bandwagon fans on here.

Seriously, the "lets point at all the bandwagon fans" crowd is way worse than the freaking bandwagon fans. Just stfu. Nobody cares that you think somebody isn't enough of a fan.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Who are you again?
Biz Ag
AG
Cubs fans at Auburn roll Toomers Corner

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Chicago-Cubs-fans-roll-Toomers-Corner-at-Auburn-48705899

David Ross played baseball at Auburn - I didn't know that.
TexAgs1992
Tamu_mgm said:

Whatever makes you sleep at night, dude. What a sad life you live to troll over here.
Lance Uppercut
AG

Lance Uppercut
AG
Pitchers:

Jake Arrieta : July 2, 2013: Traded by the Baltimore Orioles with Pedro Strop and cash to the Chicago Cubs for Steve Clevenger and Scott Feldman.

Aroldis Chapman: July 25, 2016: Traded by the New York Yankees to the Chicago Cubs for Rashad Crawford (minors), Billy McKinney (minors), Gleyber Torres (minors) and Adam Warren.

Carl Edwards Jr.: July 22, 2013: Traded by the Texas Rangers with a player to be named later, Justin Grimm and Mike Olt to the Chicago Cubs for Matt Garza. The Texas Rangers sent Neil Ramirez (August 23, 2013) to the Chicago Cubs to complete the trade.

Justin Grimm: July 22, 2013: Traded by the Texas Rangers with a player to be named later, Carl Edwards and Mike Olt to the Chicago Cubs for Matt Garza. The Texas Rangers sent Neil Ramirez (August 23, 2013) to the Chicago Cubs to complete the trade.

Kyle Hendricks: July 31, 2012: Traded by the Texas Rangers with Christian Villanueva (minors) to the Chicago Cubs for Ryan Dempster.

John Lackey: December 8, 2015: Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago Cubs.

Jon Lester: December 15, 2014: Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago Cubs.

Mike Montgomery: July 20, 2016: Traded by the Seattle Mariners with Jordan Pries (minors) to the Chicago Cubs for Paul Blackburn (minors) and Dan Vogelbach.

Hector Rondon: December 6, 2012: Drafted by the Chicago Cubs from the Cleveland Indians in the 2012 rule 5 draft.

Pedro Strop: July 2, 2013: Traded by the Baltimore Orioles with Jake Arrieta and cash to the Chicago Cubs for Steve Clevenger and Scott Feldman.

Travis Wood: December 23, 2011: Traded by the Cincinnati Reds with Dave Sappelt and Ronald Torreyes to the Chicago Cubs for Sean Marshall.

Catchers:

Willson Contreras: July 2, 2009: Signed by the Chicago Cubs as an amateur free agent.

Miguel Montero: December 9, 2014: Traded by the Arizona Diamondbacks to the Chicago Cubs for Jeferson Mejia (minors) and Zack Godley.

David Ross: December 23, 2014: Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago Cubs.

Infielders:

Javier Baez: June 6, 2011: Drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (9th pick) of the 2011 amateur draft. Player signed August 15, 2011.

Kris Bryant: June 6, 2013: Drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (2nd pick) of the 2013 amateur draft. Player signed July 12, 2013.

Anthony Rizzo: January 6, 2012: Traded by the San Diego Padres with Zach Cates (minors) to the Chicago Cubs for Kyung-Min Na (minors) and Andrew Cashner.

Addison Russell: July 5, 2014: Traded by the Oakland Athletics with Billy McKinney (minors), Dan Straily and cash to the Chicago Cubs for Jason Hammel and Jeff Samardzija.

Ben Zobrist: December 8, 2015: Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago Cubs.

Outfielders:

Albert Almora Jr.: June 4, 2012: Drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (6th pick) of the 2012 amateur draft. Player signed July 10, 2012.

Chris Coghlan: June 9, 2016: Traded by the Oakland Athletics to the Chicago Cubs for Arismendy Alcantara.

Jason Heyward: February 25, 2016: Signed as a Free Agent with the Chicago Cubs.

Kyle Schwarber: June 5, 2014: Drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (4th pick) of the 2014 amateur draft. Player signed June 10, 2014.

Jorge Soler: June 30, 2012: Signed by the Chicago Cubs as an amateur free agent.
Lance Uppercut
AG
And recent Cubs 1st round picks:

2011: Baez
2012: Almora
2013: Bryant
2014: Schwarber

Talk about making the right picks. Schwarber gets a hit, Almora pinch runs and on a great base running play tagged up on a deep fly by Bryant to start the 10th inning that got the Cubs their final 2 runs.

Baez didn't pitch in during that sequence, but did homer earlier in the game.

Theo took the job Oct 12, 2011 for reference
Know Your Enemy
AG
Baez and Contreras were drafted by the Hendry regime.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Let the emotions flow.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Holy crap. Sports tears.

Love seeing the old timers!!
Lance Uppercut
AG
Quote:

Baez and Contreras were drafted by the Hendry regime.

Yep. My Cubs memorabilia consists of Ryne Sandberg, Ernie Banks, and Ron Santo signed baseballs...and a picture of me and Jim Hendry.
unmade bed
Lance Uppercut said:

Cant wait to snag a picture of that next year round on my annual Wrigley pilgrimage
unmade bed
Alright, it's been close to 24 hours (not gonna manage to stay awake until midnight again tonight), so what do you guys think Theo does about the Fowler situation?

Sentimental side of me says pay that man his money. Cubs struggled with him on the DL this year. Would love to see Fowler back for another year.

However, putting my GM hat on, I think you let him walk. He needs to get himself a long term deal. Dont think Cubs can give him a long term deal because of the OF depth and Jimenez in the wings.

I think Baez is gonna stick at 2B sending Zobrist to the OF. Soler needs ABs. Schwarber probably relegated to OF only, but maybe not, he seems to be superman. Heyward's defense will keep him in the lineup, and he's gotta be better next year at the plate, right? Just don't think it makes sense to bring Fowler back, especially with a multi year deal that he is going to want/deserve.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Don't forget about Almora.

I think it depends on what Dex is looking for. If he'd take a two year deal for a reasonable amount I don't see how you let him walk. Give Maddon as many weapons as possible and let him figure out how to get everyone enough AB's.
45-70Ag
AG
First 24 hours after the game, 70 million dollars worth of championship gear has been sold.

New record.
BobOliver2006
AG
unmade bed said:

Lance Uppercut said:

Cant wait to snag a picture of that next year round on my annual Wrigley pilgrimage

I looked for that sign last weekend, but didn't see it up. Did they take it down this year?
Know Your Enemy
AG
BobOliver2006 said:

unmade bed said:

Lance Uppercut said:

I looked for that sign last weekend, but didn't see it up. Did they take it down this year?
No, it's still there. I took a few pics of it last weekend.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00
AG
still in disbelief. I feel like i am dreaming still!!!
culdeus
AG
AgShaun00
AG
unmade bed said:

Alright, it's been close to 24 hours (not gonna manage to stay awake until midnight again tonight), so what do you guys think Theo does about the Fowler situation?

Sentimental side of me says pay that man his money. Cubs struggled with him on the DL this year. Would love to see Fowler back for another year.

However, putting my GM hat on, I think you let him walk. He needs to get himself a long term deal. Dont think Cubs can give him a long term deal because of the OF depth and Jimenez in the wings.

I think Baez is gonna stick at 2B sending Zobrist to the OF. Soler needs ABs. Schwarber probably relegated to OF only, but maybe not, he seems to be superman. Heyward's defense will keep him in the lineup, and he's gotta be better next year at the plate, right? Just don't think it makes sense to bring Fowler back, especially with a multi year deal that he is going to want/deserve.
I think he has to move on from Dexter. I love Dexter and the CF he plays, but there are too many bodies and Heyward can't be moved.

I still don't know where you play Schwarber. Baez owns 2b now and you need Zobrist playing. Move Heyward to CF, with Schwarber in LF, and Z in RF?

Rotate Soler in and put Z in IF some guys to give guys rest.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I expect Baez to play all over the field again during the regular season just like this year. I don't think he's locked into 2B very game. They playoffs are a different animal.
AgShaun00
AG
Junkhead said:

I expect Baez to play all over the field again during the regular season just like this year. I don't think he's locked into 2B very game. They playoffs are a different animal.
He is too important on the run game. I expect Maddon to move people around again and make sure everyone has good playing time, but my guess is Baez is play 2b over 75% of the time.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'd take the under on that % but I guess we will see how that plays out.
diehard03
edit: hit wrong button.

You might see a heavy rotation that lowers just about everyone's PAs. Might even be strategic based on matchups all season too.

edit2: not really. Schwarber will be fine. Will just need to accept the risk.
Know Your Enemy
AG
FWIW, Schwarbs said on the radio the other day that he plans on catching again some next season so he can play LF or catch. Wouldn't shock me to see him play1B a handful of times when Rizzo needs a day off.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.