Cubs thread v2.0

582,228 Views | 6322 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by AgShaun00
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Debating on flying up and staying with my grandparents and hanging around Wrigleyville all weekend. Wish the finances were in a better spot to grab a ticket. Let me know if any of you guys are just gonna be hanging out Up there and wouldn't mind me tagging along so I'm not celebrating solo

Any announcement on rotation yet? I was guessing it would be...
Jake
Lester
Kyle
Lackey
Jake
Lester
Kyle
Mozart Paintings
AG
I'll be in wrigleyville all weekend. We shoud have some sort of a meetup once.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'll be there all weekend.

And I expect a Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Lackey rotation.
ThreeFive
AG
That's what I initially thought as well, but it just doesn't seem like there's a lot of tickets available. Right now, the cheapest Game 4 non SRO ticket on StubHub is $4,096 after fees. Even if it drops 15%, you're still looking at paying around $3,500.

ThreeFive
AG
Junkhead said:

I'll be there all weekend.

And I expect a Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Lackey rotation.
This is what I expect as well.
TexAgs1992
Got tickets on the rooftops for all three games for my dad and I. So damn pumped.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

Got tickets on the rooftops for all three games for my dad and I. So damn pumped.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I may be interested in some for game 5.
TexAgs1992
Junkhead said:

TexAgs1992 said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I may be interested in some for game 5.
After taxes through Wrigley Rooftops about $1300 a ticket for game 5. We will be at 1048 Waveland for games 4 and 5.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Thanks.That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I will be watching game 5 (if necessary) from a bar in Wrigleyville.
AgShaun00
AG
so jealous I can't be there. I screwed up my wife's 40th b-day this weekend so I would be divorced if I spent any kind of cash.
TexAgs1992
Junkhead said:

Thanks.That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I will be watching game 5 (if necessary) from a bar in Wrigleyville.
Hopefully we sweep and my Dad and I can retain $2600. Pretty sure my mother is ready to divorce my dad after 41 years and disown me at the same time thanks to this run.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Junkhead said:

Get there early. By 4:30 Saturday every place had lines 100 plus deep. I got to my place at 1:30 and got the last table.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I drove bus said:

Junkhead said:

Get there early. By 4:30 Saturday every place had lines 100 plus deep. I got to my place at 1:30 and got the last table.

We plan on being there when the bar opens.
BobOliver2006
AG
I'm currently looking at flying up Saturday morning and flying back Monday. Depending on my ticket situation, I'd definitely be down to meet up somewhere. I'll be rolling solo.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Junkhead said:

I drove bus said:

Junkhead said:

We plan on being there when the bar opens.

Excellent. I'll be heading there very early Saturday as well.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Saw this posted on a Cubs forum. Good write-up on the Indians.

Quote:

The Indians have a deep offense, 6 regulars have a wOBA over .340. For reference, the Cubs had 5 over .340 including Contreras. They have a mix of speed guys who have a bit of pop(Ramirez, Lindor), outright sluggers(Santana, Napoli, Naquin), and Kipnis who does a little of everything. They led the AL in stolen bases and baserunning value, which could mean that if Lester doesn't keep Rajai Davis(and Ramirez/Lindor to a lesser extent) off first base, the NLCS narrative could be very real like it was for Hamilton and Villar.

Their rotation is Kluber and a bunch of misfit toys. Kluber is very good, but more 2016 Arrieta than 2015 Arrieta. There is no Kershaw or Hill in the Indians rotation. Trevor Bauer performed like Jason Hammel this year and he cut his finger off with a drone. Salazar has great stuff but he's been hurt for a 6 weeks and was terrible for longer than that before getting hurt. Josh Tomlin is American League for Mike Leake. And by ability, Ryan Merritt would be more at home getting September starts for the Reds than pitching in the ALCS.

Their bullpen is nightmare fuel. Miller incinerates righties and lefties and goes for innings at a time. Allen is their nominal closer and strikes out a ton of guys, if you saw how good Thornburg was for the Brewers this year, that gives you an idea. Shaw is Strop-ian in effectiveness. And for days that their starters don't go long, Otero(AL Tyler Clippard) and McAllister(think 2015 Cahill) suck up innings.

Long story short: Work the starters hard but don't forget to score on them, their bullpen is deep enough to manage a 7 game series. Let your pitching and defense do the work it has been, there's no Rizzo or Bryant in this lineup but they don't run as many easy outs as LA and SF either.
unmade bed
Yeah, i am a little worried about the "Lester with baserunners" situation if he allows guys on base. Indians can definitely exploit him. Hopefully he keeps baserunning to a minimum.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Schwarber with a double & slide into second today.
Mozart Paintings
AG
And a booked flight to Cleveland
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rumor is that Schwarber is telling some of his IU buddies that he will be batting 2nd tomorrow night.
unmade bed
Is it possible that Cubs can DH for Heyward and let Jake bat on his night to pitch?
Know Your Enemy
AG
unmade bed said:

Is it possible that Cubs can DH for Heyward and let Jake bat on his night to pitch?

I know you're joking but yes you can DH for anyone.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Junkhead said:

Rumor is that Schwarber is telling some of his IU buddies that he will be batting 2nd tomorrow night.

2nd?? I'd be shocked.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'd bat him 6th between Baez & Russell but I'm pretty sure Schwarbs batted 2nd some last season.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm listening to Jed Hoyer on Chicago radio right now and he said they still haven't made a decision on Schwarber but if he's on the roster it's because they think he can hit a home run. I thought it was odd how he phrased that.
ThreeFive
AG
I'm pretty sure he batted 2nd the past two days in Arizona. It makes sense to bat him in the same spot they plan to use him if he's a go.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
I drove bus said:

Junkhead said:

2nd?? I'd be shocked.

Oh, I checked the stats and over 80% of his major league AB's have come in the 2 hole.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Junkhead said:

unmade bed said:

I know you're joking but yes you can DH for anyone.

Oops, I was wrong. You can only DH for the pitcher. Another reason that rule is stupid.
pasquale
AG
Damn, I so want to be there but can't justify the prices..... damn wife and kids.
Know Your Enemy
AG
ESPN's experts make their World Series picks

LOL @ Boone, Crasnick, Kahrl, Lauber, and Stark.
diehard03
Quote:

Oh, I checked the stats and over 80% of his major league AB's have come in the 2 hole.

It's a rough life having 2 MVP candidates behind you in the order.
diehard03
Quote:

LOL @ Boone, Crasnick, Kahrl, Lauber, and Stark.

Only Karabell did so in less than 7 games...so basically all those guys say it's a coin flip. So ballsy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
So I nailed the NL playoffs exactly even down to how many games it would take for each series (see the playoff prediction thread). I picked Cubs over the Rangers in 4 so obviously I missed the AL team big time but I am sticking with my prediction of Cubs in a swep for a few reasons. No disrespect to Cleveland. They are definitely a very good team but the Cubs are hot right now while the Indians have been waiting around to play again. The team with 5+ days off before the WS has not fared well recently. Let's face it, the Cubs are more talented especially with the return of Schwarber. Add in the injuries that Cleveland is facing and it's going to be rough on them to win.

And in the end I selfishly want a sweep so I can celebrate the championship at Wrigley. I don't have Game 5 tickets.
diehard03
Quote:

Let's face it, the Cubs are more talented especially with the return of Schwarber.

If he hits anything after being out all season, then he deserves superhuman status.

Therefore, its only fitting: walk off (of Andrew Miller) in Game 4 to clinch the series with the ball landing on top of the scoreboard...thus, rendering his similar home run against the Cardinals an unnecessary footnote in Cubs history.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.