Cubs thread v2.0

578,896 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 10andBOUNCE
Cave Johnson, CEO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my first ever MLB game was a Cubs vs. Nationals game at Wrigley earlier in the year. My wife and I really enjoyed it and have been rooting for them ever since (not that they've made it difficult with how dominant they have been). Neither of us were really huge baseball fans so it's was pretty cool to have our first experience during such a special year for the Cubs. Hopefully they keep playing great and get 4 more.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Who won MVP? Can't see or hear **** here.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Awesome that Ross is getting that kind of ovation
Lance Uppercut
AG
Split w Baez and Lester I believe
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I drove bus said:

Who won MVP? Can't see or hear **** here.
Lester and Baez will split it is what I believe they said.
Biz Ag
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
unmade bed
So any of you going to Chicago next weekend. Just booked my plane tickets. No idea how I am gonna get in Wrigley but I will be there
mnuge
AG
My son unexpectedly got the day off today. He Had a flight credit from the summer and used it today.
Dropped him off at IAH at 6am and he spent the day at Wrigley and is in the middle of the insanity.
Epic night
Deadwood
AG
I drove bus said:

Deadwood said:

I hate the f'ing cubs. I've been to two opening days in boxes and had dbags throw sh*t at me. Their fans are cowards and most of them are bandwagoners. F the cubs.

**** you ********. Leave.
I see. So I can't express displeasure with them?

FU. Quit being a p*ssy. The Rangers and Astros haven't won titles either but we don't cry like little girls about it. FU.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Deadwood said:

I drove bus said:

Deadwood said:

I hate the f'ing cubs. I've been to two opening days in boxes and had dbags throw sh*t at me. Their fans are cowards and most of them are bandwagoners. F the cubs.

**** you ********. Leave.
I see. So I can't express displeasure with them?

FU. Quit being a p*ssy. The Rangers and Astros haven't won titles either but we don't cry like little girls about it. FU.

You come onto this thread tonight and spout your bull***** Of all nights.

I'm a huge rangers fan. And guess what. We whine like little *****es.

As I said before. Feel free to go happily fuuck yourself.
pasquale
AG
I got the last couple innings on DVR. Kiddos were sleeping so can't wait to share with them!
Know Your Enemy
AG
THE CUBS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD ****ING SERIES!!!!!!
TexAgs1992
I'm still alive. My dad and I cried together last night after the final out. Can't wait to get up there Friday.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Last night was the second time in MLB playoff history that a team faced the minimum 27 batters. The other was obviously Don Larsen's perfect game in the World Series.
gonemaroon
AG
Junkhead said:

Last night was the second time in MLB playoff history that a team faced the minimum 27 batters. The other was obviously Don Larsen's perfect game in the World Series.

That is insane
Know Your Enemy
AG
unmade bed said:

So any of you going to Chicago next weekend. Just booked my plane tickets. No idea how I am gonna get in Wrigley but I will be there

I'll be in Wrigleyville all weekend.
unmade bed
Got a ticket for game 4! Paid WAY too much. Probably gonna need to hire a divorce lawyer when I get home. Think I have a pole right in front of me (Aisle 239, row 26), but TOTALLY gonna be worth it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hell yeah!
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
unmade bed said:

Got a ticket for game 4! Paid WAY too much. Probably gonna need to hire a divorce lawyer when I get home. Think I have a pole right in front of me (Aisle 239, row 26), but TOTALLY gonna be worth it.
I don't doubt that seeing as the cheapest ticket on Stubhub is over 2 grand.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It took longer than he thought but he was right.

Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm taking my dad with me to the World Series.

ThreeFive
AG
I have two for game 5 that I may be trying to sell tomorrow if anyone's interested. Message me and we can talk.
unmade bed
Junkhead said:

I'm taking my dad with me to the World Series.

That is so awesome. Best thing about last night was just thinking about all the folks who were thinking about their loved ones who waited their whole life to see this.
unmade bed
ThreeFive said:

I have two for game 5 that I may be trying to sell tomorrow if anyone's interested. Message me and we can talk.

Are you going to be in Chicago for the other games or do you just have game 5? I am probably tapped out, but if ends up being 3-1, with a Lester vs Kluber matchup in Game 5, I will probably max out a couple of credit cards and just go for broke.
ThreeFive
AG
I'll be in Chicago Saturday through Monday. I only have game 5 right now.
BobOliver2006
AG
ThreeFive said:

As a texag lolpoor, i don't have pm... but I'm definitely interested. email texag2k6 at gmail dot com
unmade bed
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

unmade bed said:

I don't doubt that seeing as the cheapest ticket on Stubhub is over 2 grand.

Yeah, and what really sucks is the stupid fees. When you are paying only somewhat inflated prices like 3 to 400 bucks, paying 15% I'm fees is just a minor nuisance. When paying absurdly inflated prices in the 1000s, the fees are just outright theft.
AgShaun00
AG
What is price range if u don't mind me asking. Seeing if I want to get divorced
nancydeedavis
You can probably find an actual seat for Game 3 under $3k. But it's tough to even get a standing room only ticket for game 4 and 5 right now that's under $3k.

If you purchased when we were down to the Dodgers 2-1 then you could have gotten a seat for around $2,800. These prices include the broker fees, which are outrageous.
TexAgs1992
My hunch is ticket prices will drop 5-10% if the Cubs go down 1-0 and especially if down 2-0. That being said, they'll still be $2500 a ticket after fees.
Random Ag
AG
So what's up with cheering against Aggies. Stripling now Naquin. Oh never mind don't give an f, grew up watching WGN every afternoon and want to see the Cubs win. Was actually a Cubs fan before I was an Aggie.
AgRyan04
This evening all the pieces fell together - I secured my flight, a bed to sleep in, and an SRO ticket for Saturday night.

I couldn't sleep last night with the thought that I might be able to pull it off.
unmade bed
AgShaun00 said:

What is price range if u don't mind me asking. Seeing if I want to get divorced
I paid $3600 on TickPick.com. I got a seat for game 4. Its gonna be a hard copy of a ticket that I can get framed, which I wanted. Didn't want SRO because I have a feeling that may be a clusterf.

I almost bought a ticket from Stubhub that I thought was gonna be $3,300 but when I got to the checkout there was like $800 in fees.

I was VERY close to buying 1st row seats in Section 6 for $9800 for Game 5 (that basically the Bartman seats) - see if this link works : https://www.tickpick.com/Checkout.aspx?type=buy&transID=814430305&eventID=2914705&invType=M

But I definitely wouldn't have been able to come home from Chicago if I had done that. Been putting off upgrades to patio for a year now telling wife money was too tight.

I honestly didn't plan on buying a ticket. My sister and bro-in-law live in Chicago and I had planned on just flying up and staying with them and me and bro-in-law were just gonna go hang out along Sheffield or Waveland. He's in lottery for tickets, but so are like 2 million other folks.

However, I started reading some talk online about them possibly closing down the streets around the ballpark to non-ticketholders just to allow people to get in to the game. My next thought was get to Murphys or Cubby Bear first thing in the morning and watch there, but after seeing the crowds for the NLCS game 6, I started to panic that those may even get full or they may reserve seating or something. I was looking at doing one of the rooftops which had tickets for $700 available on stubhub yesterday morning, but after checking again this morning and seeing those prices had gone up to $2k I figured I needed to bite the bullet and get a ticket or else I would end up being out of luck.

If cubs wins the first 3, game 4 tickets are gonna be very hard to come by and I won't be in Chicago until late Friday so I wasn't gonna have much time to mess around scrambling for tickets.

I know I'm idiot and its absurd to pay that kind of money for a ticket to a sporting event, but its once in a lifetime type thing, what the heck. Santa Claus just gonna be a little stingy to my kids this year, I guess.
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.