***********2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

29,648 Views | 445 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by West Texan
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Clippers lose Paul George and sign Porter jr while we land the player with the highest iq in the league in the same day. Life is good.

So Kawhi and George experience failed. I guess he's stuck in LA but it's what he wanted. Let's see how many games he plays.
Cappo
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Clippers lose Paul George and sign Porter jr while we land the player with the highest iq in the league in the same day. Life is good.

So Kawhi and George experience failed. I guess he's stuck in LA but it's what he wanted. Let's see how many games he plays.
dude should have stayed with SA
Enzo The Baker
AG

May not be done.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

May not be done.
Definitely not done, there is only one member of the Banana Boat Crew that LeBron never played with.

That's right, Chris Paul. LeBron opted out for a reason.
Guitarsoup
AG

Wake Forest HOF Spurs
Enzo The Baker
AG
Maybe we will make a play for Laurie.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Maybe we will make a play for Laurie.
I'm thinking it is just dumping off Keldon because CP3 didn't join Bron and Wade because Wade wouldn't get up #3.

Paul is still about 4000 assists from Stockton. He should have those made up in Wemby lobs by the trade deadline, right?
Earth Rider
AG
CP3. Dribble dribble shoot. I know he's a good player but never a huge fan of his. In the minority but wish we would have signed a wing. CP3 is good for a few months should be fun.
Guitarsoup
AG
Earth Rider said:

CP3. Dribble dribble shoot. I know he's a good player but never a huge fan of his. In the minority but wish we would have signed a wing. CP3 is good for a few months should be fun.
We still have over 10M to sign one player and the Room exception at $8m to sign another. After cutting Graham.
jteagle
AG
Earth Rider said:

I still expect them to sign a wing as well. I don't think they're done.
Guitarsoup
AG
C: Moses Malone
PF: Pau Gasol
SF: Dominique Wilkins
SG: Tracy McGrady
PG: Chris Paul

Pretty elite starting five of HOFers that aren't typically associated with the Spurs.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
Man I leave for a couple hours and miss us signing CP3.
West Texan
AG
LawHall88 said:

Dang I wanted Naji.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

Dang I wanted Naji.
Same. He will be an upgrade to DJJ for them.

Cleveland is 10M from the luxury tax with 12 players out of 14. Give Okoro 12M/year?
Guitarsoup
AG

Class is in session, rookies.
superunknown
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/s/VRjBdS144f

Video of Bobby Marks, saying there is no market for Zach LaVine. Chicago trying to send along a FRP and getting no takers.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

Dang I wanted Naji.

Cleveland is 10M from the luxury tax with 12 players out of 14. Give Okoro 12M/year?

There's also Haywood Highsmith, Gary Trent Jr, and Caleb Martin out there we could look at. We've still got a few options for 3 and D wings even with Naji off the board.
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/s/VRjBdS144f

Video of Bobby Marks, saying there is no market for Zach LaVine. Chicago trying to send along a FRP and getting no takers.
I saw that. I wouldn't do it for less than no restrictions on the 25 pick, unprotected swaps on 27 and 29 and the unprotected 28 pick. And they can have Keldon and Graham for free.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

Dang I wanted Naji.

There's also Haywood Highsmith, Gary Trent Jr, and Caleb Martin out there we could look at. We've still got a few options for 3 and D wings even with Naji off the board.
Trent isn't a good defender. I prefer Gary Harris.

I would be fine with Martin or Haywood but don't really want a long term deal on either.

I would consider giving Isaiah Joe an offer. Not as good a defender as Martin or HH, but much better shooter. And FOKC.

I do want back Kyle Anderson.

West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

Dang I wanted Naji.

I would be fine with Martin or Haywood but don't really want a long term deal on either.

I would consider giving Isaiah Joe an offer. Not as good a defender as Martin or HH, but much better shooter. And FOKC.

I don't think the front office is going to commit long term money to anyone this offseason.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

West Texan said:

LawHall88 said:

Dang I wanted Naji.

I don't think the front office is going to commit long term money to anyone this offseason.
I don't either, unless it was a perfect situation. I think they would rather spend and get a 1y deal similar to Paul.

Also.... Malaki Branham showing up for training camp:

Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup
AG

You nailed it
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

You nailed it

Once in a row!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

You nailed it

This is the way.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

You nailed it

This is the way.

Yeah it's the most obvious "Intel" I've ever seen reported.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle
AG
This will be an interesting and I believe, an exciting year. Knowing the Spurs, Paul won't play back to backs and could be on a minutes restriction of sorts. In my opinion, it's the best of both worlds. He makes the team better when he's on the court but the young guys get to play good minutes without him.
The west is stacked so wins will be difficult but they should be much more competitive.
Matt_ag98
Barf CP3
Enzo The Baker
AG
AggieEP
Matt_ag98 said:

Barf CP3

I now know the first move I'll make on NBA2K this year, trading this unlikable choad
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I don't see it happening this year.

But the Spurs are also keeping Max space available next summer for a reason. Utah can only give him a 40% pay increase on an extension, so he'll definitely be a free agent. We can get them for free and keep all our picks
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I don't see it happening this year.

But the Spurs are also keeping Max space available next summer for a reason. Utah can only give him a 40% pay increase on an extension, so he'll definitely be a free agent. We can get them for free and keep all our picks

That would be ideal. Although it runs the risk of other teams trading for him this season. Not to say Lauri should be driving our decision making.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.