***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

258,231 Views | 4288 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rockets own the 26-27 nets picks. Those will be juicy
superunknown
AG
Man I was on the phone for like 30 minutes and the nba blew up. Rockers and Suns dealing picks and the Rockets are gonna go for KD??
Enzo The Baker
AG
superunknown said:

Man I was on the phone for like 30 minutes and the nba blew up. Rockers and Suns dealing picks and the Rockets are gonna go for KD??

1. I don't see Ishbia blowing up his team he just constructed last year.

2. If it's the rockets' intention to make this move to go after KD next year, wtf are they thinking? All in on a near 37 year old with a roster that isn't even proven? I'm all for it.
superunknown
AG

superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown
AG
Obligatory
AA
AG
This is so funny. They are realizing that most of their top 3 picks have been garbage and now they're just turning into the Great Value 2019 Raptors
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup said:

To me this also shows the value of the three Hawks picks.

Rockets traded one unprotected first and one unprotected swap and received two firsts and two swaps. The Nets own the Mavs and Suns unprotected firsts in 2029 as well as their own, but two of three of those is pretty valuable, especially because Phoenix is a dumpster fire and who knows what the Mavs or Nets will be like then. Kyrie will be 37.

These Hawks picks are freaking gold.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Guitarsoup said:

To me this also shows the value of the three Hawks picks.

Rockets traded one unprotected first and one unprotected swap and received two firsts and two swaps. The Nets own the Mavs and Suns unprotected firsts in 2029 as well as their own, but two of three of those is pretty valuable, especially because Phoenix is a dumpster fire and who knows what the Mavs or Nets will be like then. Kyrie will be 37.

These Hawks picks are freaking gold.

Please Atlanta trade away Young and Dejounte and kick start your rebuild while we own your picks.
superunknown
AG
superunknown said:

Obligatory

Oh man I love the NBA
Guitarsoup
AG
That's really amazing

jteagle
AG
Ok we have made it to draft day.
Here is my final wishlist. If I am completely honest, this is what I want to see.
4 Castle
8 Carter

2nd Round
So many possibilities.
Possibly a big man if one is there and a shooter.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Regardless of how it shakes out, I'm pumped to welcome in 2 new top 10 picks to this squad
superunknown
AG
Feels like a lot of folks thinking Sean Marks was on his way out and had done pretty bad lately.
Enzo The Baker
AG

Depending what the protections are, I'd consider moving back. Seems like a lot for Clingan. He's solid, but that's a lot.
Enzo The Baker
AG
There has been more smoke today about the Spurs being legitimately interested in Clingan.

The thought occurred to me, what if this is a smoke screen for Memphis to give up assets to Houston for 3 so we can take Sheppard at 4?
Earth Rider
AG
Seems like there is a lot more subterfuge in this draft than any other I can remember.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Earth Rider said:

Seems like there is a lot more subterfuge in this draft than any other I can remember.

Atlanta is kind of holding teams hostage right now. Once they make their move/selection, then it should set off pretty quickly imo.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Vecenie just said that the Spurs have done an incredible job at smoke screening this year. Nobody knows what they're going to do. Wouldn't expect anything less.
Enzo The Baker
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Enzo The Baker
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Can't wait to see how wrong we are.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
If we take two guards in the top 10 then I would have to think at least one of Branham/Wesley is not on the team next year, if not both
Guitarsoup
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

If we take two guards in the top 10 then I would have to think at least one of Branham/Wesley is not on the team next year, if not both

I'm good with it regardless.

Draft Castle/Carter.
Trade seconds or sign then to two ways
Sign Goga, Naji, and SloMo.

Wemby - Goga - Collins
SloMo - Sochan
Naji - Julian - Keldon
Vassell - Cissiko - Carter
Castle - Jones
Enzo The Baker
AG

I could totally see the Spurs pulling a fast one and taking Salaun at 4. That's my hot take pick of the night.
Sher Thing
AG
I hope not. Kind of hope they are leaking interest in him so a team like Charlotte or Portland does exactly this and takes him at 6/7.
All I do is Nguyen
Oops
flashplayer
AG
Sher Thing said:

I hope not. Kind of hope they are leaking interest in him so a team like Charlotte or Portland does exactly this and takes him at 6/7.

Yeah. That kid isn't that good. 100% project that wont help a team much for 3-4 years. But that would be a totally Charlotte / MJ move to take the bait and draft him there.
West Texan
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

And Dubin totally redeems himself!

Wrong thread, bud.
West Texan
AG
All I do is Nguyen
West Texan said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

And Dubin totally redeems himself!

Wrong thread, bud.
yeah my bad lol
Earth Rider
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I could totally see the Spurs pulling a fast one and taking Salaun at 4. That's my hot take pick of the night.
I think its reckless, but I could see it also. Everything I have heard with the Spurs and Salaun indicates he could be their pick. I've watched a lot of videos and listened to several podcasts, and all I can say is the Spurs seem to be high on Salaun.

The draft seems more like the Wheel of Fortune than a regular draft. Waiting to see where that peg stops ticking.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Can't wait to see how wrong we are.

Exactly this!
LawHall88
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 123

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.