***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

258,154 Views | 4288 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Guitarsoup
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

If the Thunder move up to draft Castle I will murder someone.
All I do is Nguyen
Enzo beat me to it
Enzo The Baker
AG
It'll be interesting how this affects Chicago's vision to compete. This looks like more of a take a step back move and build with Giddey and White. I don't see them re-signing DeRozan now. More likely now the Spurs pick conveys on 2026 or 2027 when it's top 8 protected. Could be wrong though.
Earth Rider
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

If either of the French guys is there at 4 you have to grab them. Sarr's upside is well worth the offensive question marks to me, having two mobile giants on the backline could cause major problems for opposing offenses. Both Sarr and Wemby can switch onto guards and not look stupid, which will force teams to really think about trotting out smallball lineups against us since both of them are also great rim finishers that can punish smaller matchups. Also would make our roster tailor-made for the next available star lead ballhandler, with 2 major lob threats. If Sarr ever learns to shoot 3's at even a below average clip, I could easily see that frontcourt being the backbone of a contender.
I'd rate them 1) Sarr 2) Castle 3) Sheppard 4) Rissacher. Two weeks ago I would have agreed with you on taking the French guys over Castle. The more I watch Rissacher, he is not as fluid as Castle, not as quick. Rissacher wingspan bothers me. I don't think he will be the defensive stopper we need at a 3, and not quick enough for a 2.

Like you said, I only want Sarr over Castle because I think it would could get a solid free agent PG to come to the Spurs if we had Wemby and Sarr in the frontcourt.

I would even take Sheppard over Rissacher. Rissacher may have a higher ceiling, but Sheppard has the intangibles and intelligence. the more I watch Sheppard, the more I think he is one of the top 2 or 3 in the draft.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hate OKC getting better.
West Texan
AG

You don't see that every day
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

You don't see that every day

Presti man. Geez. Got even stronger with their draft war chest untouched.
Ag Natural
AG
Why in the World do teams keep helping OKC?
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

Why in the World do teams keep helping OKC?

This speaks way more to the mediocre leadership in Chicago.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Idk, I think this serves both teams. Giddey is the younger higher ceiling player, and I'd bet we see a Lavine move to let him and White run the offense. Caruso is the better fit around a playoff team, but the Bulls aren't a playoff team. People are letting the playoffs make them forget that Giddey is 21 years old and capable of being a triple double machine.
LawHall88
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
LawHall88 said:

He'd be a hell of a Champagnie upgrade. Or even having him as a bench guy like Minnesota is using him would be massive.
West Texan
AG
LawHall88 said:

I'd love to bring back Slo Mo, and I'd also like for us to target Naji Marshall.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

Spurs front office reading my posts
superunknown
AG
Been wanting a Slo Mo return since around December.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
Atlanta makes a huge jump in the lottery in an extremely weak draft, and the one guy that has been closest to the consensus #1 and actually has a ceiling with potential doesn't want to play for them. Hilarious!
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Atlanta makes a huge jump in the lottery in an extremely weak draft, and the one guy that has been closest to the consensus #1 and actually has a ceiling with potential doesn't want to play for them. Hilarious!

That's really funny. Looking more and more like they will take Risacher as their second option and see if they can trade risacher to take Clingan. I think our 2025 Atlanta pick will be just fine.
Guitarsoup
AG

Wants to be drafted by a great organization with good structure

Has strong inner circle

He's not a social media diva - doesn't care about anything but ball

He's a winner

Has a strong humility about him

Makes great reads on ball/with the ball in a complex system

Compares him a lot to Jrue Holiday but bigger at 6'7" that can guard 1-4 and finishes at the rim well.

Source:
Enzo The Baker
AG
Some other notes around the league. Washington is locked in at Sarr for #2. Portland trying to move up from 7 to 3 with Houston.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Some other notes around the league. Washington is locked in at Sarr for #2. Portland trying to move up from 7 to 3 with Houston.

Shame they don't want Risacher. I would much rather have Sarr.

Wonder who Portland wants at 3. Can't be Castle or Sheppard, right? They have a long jam of epic proportions. Maybe they really want Risacher or Clingan? Risacher send really similar to Grant.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Wonder who Portland wants at 3. Can't be Castle or Sheppard, right? They have a long jam of epic proportions. Maybe they really want Risacher or Clingan? Risacher send really similar to Grant.

I can see teams wanting to move up for Castle honestly regardless of their makeup. Portland is guard heavy, but they could use his defense for sure. I know it's fresh on the mind but teams could look at the Boston team and be like 'oh, we can have two ball handlers in the back court if someone can move without the ball' and castle definitely can.

I honestly hope someone takes risacher before us. Having to choose between Sheppard and Castle is ideal IMO.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Why does this feel like a Spurs take Devin Carter at #4? Lol
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I can see teams wanting to move up for Castle honestly regardless of their makeup. Portland is guard heavy, but they could use his defense for sure. I know it's fresh on the mind but teams could look at the Boston team and be like 'oh, we can have two ball handlers in the back court if someone can move without the ball' and castle definitely can.

I honestly hope someone takes risacher before us. Having to choose between Sheppard and Castle is ideal IMO.

I have Castle higher than Risacher. Sarr might be the only person I take over Castle.

But there is the dream that is likely dead of Risacher/Castle draft.

I think a big D&3 wing is easier to come by than a hard working, no drama high level POA defender.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I have Castle higher than Risacher. Sarr might be the only person I take over Castle.

But there is the dream that is likely dead of Risacher/Castle draft.

I think a big D&3 wing is easier to come by than a hard working, no drama high level POA defender.

I would say Kawhi was the same way and look what happened. But Steph is from Georgia. No one wants to go back to Georgia.
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they wanted Clingen. Someone even suggested that the Spurs might trade 4 for their two first round picks, 7 and 14.
AA
AG
I feel like it would make more sense to make 4 available in that case
Enzo The Baker
AG
AA said:

I feel like it would make more sense to make 4 available in that case

From what we know from Mocks for sure. But Carter has been crushing every workout by multiple accounts with some saying he had the best draft workout they've ever seen. He's rising faster probably than we think.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they wanted Clingen. Someone even suggested that the Spurs might trade 4 for their two first round picks, 7 and 14.

We just don't have the roster spots. That gives us 5 draft picks with 4 open roster spots, if/when we cut Graham and we let Mamu, Cedi, and Barlow walk
Guitarsoup
AG
Athletic big board.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Bub jump and Matas fall stands out the most to me. I'd be okay with gambling on Matas with the 8th. Not a big fan of his personality as mentioned, but if he can work on his shot, his size is tantalizing. Outside of Carter, I prefer to take a swing on someone there whether it be him, Salaun or Williams at the wing with #8.
Guitarsoup
AG
And Dilly out of the lottery.

If we take Castle at 4, I'm good with any project at 8. Prefer Cody and Salaun to Matas.

If we take Risacher or Sarr t 4, I want Carter at 8 if Castle is gone
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

And Dilly out of the lottery.

If we take Castle at 4, I'm good with any project at 8. Prefer Cody and Salaun to Matas.

If we take Risacher or Sarr t 4, I want Carter at 8 if Castle is gone

That one actually doesn't surprise me honestly. For one, because of his size. Second, Klutch appears to be driving where he goes, even if that means falling out of the lottery. The ankle injury also didn't help.
West Texan
AG
Apparently we've been rumored to have interest in Tobias Harris. Thoughts? If our goal is to actually be competitive, I don't mind signing Harris to a short term deal. If he doesn't work out, he could be shipped on to a contender.
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 123

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.