***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

305,017 Views | 5852 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by M.C. Swag
HawthornAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Idk who the B team or C team is for calling NBA games, but there has to be someone better than Reggie Miller
Ervin Burrell
AG
This feels like game 1 but the roles are reversed.
Infection_Ag11
AG
I'm getting uncomfortable DWade 2006 vibes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Church. Lively is our 3rd best player.
shack009
AG
Gafford has been exposed.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Except Ant has attempted 6 free throws instead of 16.
gigem1223
Gafford exposed. Kyrie or Luka need to take this game over in the 4th.
Seven Costanza
AG
You have to admit that Edwards moves like Jordan.
HawthornAggie
AG
Gafford still with just 1 rebound
PatAg
AG
He's also already in foul trouble, so he knows he can't challenge anything hard I would guess. Gonna have to play better in the 4th, but we also just need Luka and kyrie to make shots
FDXAg
AG
Sorry.....Gafford is playing horribly. If they lose it's on him right now
HawthornAggie
AG
PatAg said:

He's also already in foul trouble, so he knows he can't challenge anything hard I would guess. Gonna have to play better in the 4th, but we also just need Luka and kyrie to make shots

Luka and Kyrie shooting 44% so far
shack009
AG
HawthornAggie said:

Gafford still with just 1 rebound

I could not believe it when he didn't get the rebound on that high Kyrie shot over Gobert. He was in position and Kyrie shot it thinking a miss would allow for a tip in because Gobert came away from Gafford.
PatAg
AG
Kidd has to make the right adjustments
Infection_Ag11
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Except Ant has attempted 6 free throws instead of 16.

But the thing people forget about that series is that from about the 6 minute mark in the 4th of game 3 until the end of the series, Wade shot nearly 70% on mid range jump shots.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Woods Ag
AG
Edwards, at least for a moment, has finally showed up
In this series.

shack009
AG
PatAg said:

Like what, go smaller? We already can't get a single rebound. Guys just have to play better.
PatAg
AG
HawthornAggie said:

PatAg said:

I'm referring to the last few minutes where they missed shots during the run and whay we need going forward
PatAg
AG
shack009 said:

PatAg said:

Like what, go smaller? We already can't get a single rebound. Guys just have to play better.

Lots of things you can do differently densively
HawthornAggie
AG
PatAg said:

HawthornAggie said:

PatAg said:

I'm referring to the last few minutes where they missed shots during the run and whay we need going forward

Fair fair. Definitely want to see them take advantage of the bonus situation the rest of the quarter.
shack009
AG
Let's go Hardy
PatAg
AG
Smart play FROM hardy there
shack009
AG
Lol at Rudy not thinking that was a foul
Woods Ag
AG
This series has gone as well as Dallas could have hoped for to this point.

They have wore Edwards out and aren't allowing him any drives. They're cooking Gobert all series. It's more of an "exposure" than Jaylen Brown having terrible handles the past few years. I almost feel bad for him as his whole persona as being a defensive stud is being detroyed
PatAg
AG
What'd McDaniel even complaining about there.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Didn't see a foul there
shack009
AG
Man they are starting to call this very tight.
HawthornAggie
AG
Great finish from Hardy there
Infection_Ag11
AG
I have no idea how Hardy hit that

I also have no idea what is a foul anymore after this postseason. The adjustments they made after the all star break this year have resulted in some wild inconsistent swings in officiating.
CrottyKid
AG
This is the first time I have tuned in to an NBA game in a long time. Watched the last half of the 3rd quarter. The game has improved a lot since the 2010's.
HawthornAggie
AG
Just gotta win this quarter. Let's go Mavs!
Woods Ag
AG
It's ridiculous.. letting them play has benefitted Minn all postseason, but then they tighten it up just on a whim.

There's no consistency. I'd say pick one. Either let them play physical or don't, but there's only one answer for watching good basketball. Let them play already and stop giving tickytack, flop fouls

I haven't watched Dallas all year except this post season. I had a perception of it being just 2 guys and being stoppable, but it's super impressive to watch this team.
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

I have no idea how Hardy hit that

I also have no idea what is a foul anymore after this postseason. The adjustments they made after the all star break this year have resulted in some wild inconsistent swings in officiating.

It seems like the adjustments memo didn't make it to this crew.
Infection_Ag11
AG
CrottyKid said:

This is the first time I have tuned in to an NBA game in a long time. Watched the last half of the 3rd quarter. The game has improved a lot since the 2010's.

If I'm being honest the difference, apart from a lot more players being really good shooters, is that they've essentially stopped calling palming and the jump shot foot shuffle travel. Half these step back and crossover into a jump shot moves weren't allowed even a decade ago. Even Curry used to get called for palming early in his career sometimes.
HawthornAggie
AG
Gafford is just horrendous tonight
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 168

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.