***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

304,997 Views | 5852 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by M.C. Swag
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow….
Infection_Ag11
AG
Game feels uncomfortably similar to game 4 against OKC, up by 10-15 most of the night but never took advantage of the opponents long scoring droughts to build an insurmountable lead.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
Gafford just can't be the screener anymore…
HawthornAggie
AG
Yeah Gafford has mentally imploded this quarter. Too many little mistakes.
gigem1223
Gafford is terrible this series
shack009
AG
The rebounding without Lively is brutal
Ervin Burrell
AG
Jesus what an awful foul.
PatAg
AG
These refs are out of control
shack009
AG
Holy **** Gafford… that's is so dumb
gigem1223
Gafford has got to body Gobert every shot
Infection_Ag11
AG
And I'll say what I said at halftime of game 4 against OKC as well: Only being up 8 at the half is borderline disastrous after that half. Minnesota went like 3 of their last 12 from the field and actually CUT INTO the lead.

After the way they played that's a huge win for Minnesota. They were begging us to take a 20+ point lead.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
To be fair sometimes Gobert just goes right through his back, but they allow it because he's taller.
HawthornAggie
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

And I'll say what I said at halftime of game 4 against OKC as well: Only being up 8 at the half is borderline disastrous after that half. Minnesota went like 3 of their last 12 from the field and actually CUT INTO the lead.

After the way they played that's a huge win for Minnesota.

Yeah unfortunately I think this is largely on the Gafford minutes.

3 turnovers
3 fouls
1 rebound
0 points
Seven Costanza
AG
This lead feels pretty tenuous with Lively out and Gafford in foul trouble. The drop-off in rebounding and rim-protecting was glaring with Powell out there.
Grapesoda2525
How come everytime someone goes down it is one of our guys?

LAC, OKC, and Minnesota have all played largely injury free. I know about the Kawhi situation, but that happened way before our series.
PatAg
AG
We played fine with Gafford
shack009
AG
PatAg said:

And we we play great with Lively. Gafford has no ability in the short role and they just aren't scared of driving at him the same way they are with Lively. The rebounding also drops off significantly.
shack009
AG
The good news is our defense typically gets better as the game goes on, outside of G4 against OKC. In this series it has been much better in the second half both times.
mavsfan4ever
AG
shack009 said:

PatAg said:

And we we play great with Lively. Gafford has no ability in the short role and they just aren't scared of driving at him the same way they are with Lively. The rebounding also drops off significantly.

I agree generally. But gafford is +8 tonight and lovely is +1. Gafford isn't the problem tonight.
shack009
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

shack009 said:

PatAg said:

I agree generally. But gafford is +8 tonight and lovely is +1. Gafford isn't the problem tonight.

Seems like Gafford has been on the floor when we have made our 3s. Lively has just played the center position much better tonight.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Lively with a neck sprain and is questionable…could've been worse news for sure.
Ervin Burrell
AG
And of course the dogsh/t call from Brothers leads to a three.
PatAg
AG
It is infuriating that tony brothers not only has a job but gets big games like this
PatAg
AG
shack009 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

shack009 said:

PatAg said:

Seems like Gafford has been on the floor when we have made our 3s. Lively has just played the center position much better tonight.

Lively is better for sure, but gafford is not bad. We just need to make some adjustments. Gotta rebound as a team for one.
Try to break even when Powell is in
PatAg
AG
Reggie seemingly openly rooting for ant, lol
Grapesoda2525
Are we going to get any defensive rebounds tonight? Game would be over by now if we could clean up the boards a little bit.
HawthornAggie
AG
Was just about to say we need to get Conley his 4th foul
Infection_Ag11
AG
Kyrie Irving is just beautiful to watch. The most aesthetically pleasing offensive game I've ever seen.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Look at Dwight Powell not being completely useless

I see you
HawthornAggie
AG
He giveth and he taketh away
PatAg
AG
He only taketh
shack009
AG
Holy **** Powell another missed layup…
PatAg
AG
He plowed into him from behind. Reggie sucks
shack009
AG
Man this is going to be so dicey the rest of the way…
Infection_Ag11
AG
Without Lively and with Gafford in foul trouble, this is the 2023 Mavericks defensively. Yikes.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 168

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.