The 2021 NBA draft

4,377 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of on court talent available, and with lots of talent available, ESPN and ABC feel the need to over cover the event with people on both ABC and ESPN.

ESPN Coverage (8 people)

Rece Davis will return to host ESPN's coverage with an expert panel of commentators, including analysts Jay Bilas and Kendrick Perkins, and NBA Draft analyst Mike Schmitz. Senior NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski will provide trade reports, breaking news updates and team insight throughout the night. ESPN's coverage will also include commentary and analysis from NBA Front Office Insider Bobby Marks, host Rachel Nichols and analyst Richard Jefferson.

ABC Coverage (5 people)

Kevin Negandhi will host the NBA Draft on ABC alongside NBA analysts Jalen Rose and Chiney Ogwumike and NBA reporter Malika Andrews. The panel will celebrate the journeys of the prospects as they arrive on the biggest stage in basketball. Andrews will conduct one-on-one interviews with draftees following each team's Draft selection. Miles Brown, actor/rapper/dancer and star of ABC's "black-ish," will provide 'back stage' access as an ABC Draft Correspondent.

Too many cooks
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'll be watching the one without Kendrick Perkins. Thanks for the heads up.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Will just follow on Twitter for the Woj bombs. Perk is damn near unlistenable. Just goes for the sound bite. Shame he's part of that team. Woj, Schmitz, Bilas, and Marks is solid commentary. But agreed, too many damn people
Iowaggie
AG
Does this seem a lot like the NWO Hollywood clique headed by Hulk Hogan during the last days of WCW?

Iowaggie
AG
And so it begins...Woj not content just being 2 minutes early

Iowaggie
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Take out the two future firsts and that's about right.

Morrey is a joke.
AG
I cant get Morey's angle. Normally these leaks are orchestrated to drive up the asking the price or get another team to counter. but usually the deals seems realistic. these deals we keep seeing that morey and the sixers want are so obscene that i think most teams would rather not bother making an offer in the first place, rather than sweeten a preexisting offer.
CFTXAG10
AG
AG

Him opting in gives the Lakers more options in sign and trade scenarios, either for Hield or Derozan. My gut thinks a Hield deal is almost done
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Wiggins, Wiseman and MAYBE the 14th pick is right. Other than that, GTFOH Daryl.
AG
Here come the Woj bombs

CFTXAG10
AG

AG
Beat me by seconds. Damn, Lakers going all out
CFTXAG10
AG
Hypothetical LAL - Brooklyn final next year

Russ
Lebron
AD

vs.

Kyrie
Harden
Durant
Enzo The Baker
AG
Lakers lose shooting and get another ball dominant player? Westbrook is incredibly overrated and fades in big moments. I approve of this trade.
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Lakers lose shooting and get another ball dominant player? Westbrook is incredibly overrated and fades in big moments. I approve of this trade.

Agreed. Thought Hield was a better fit for them.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I wonder if WAS is going full rebuild and will deal Beal as well? Seems like a funky fit with no true point guard on that team.
Saint Pablo
Kind of sick of Woj's schtick. Cool, you tweet the picks before they happen.
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I wonder if WAS is going full rebuild and will deal Beal as well? Seems like a funky fit with no true point guard on that team.

Just asked the same on the new trade thread. Wonder if Beal is getting dealt now.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I wish they would do away with that crap. Takes all of the fun out of it.
Saint Pablo
I am honestly surprised ESPN/Disney lets him still do it....really does ruin the product they are trying to put out because he needs some attention.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Shams does it too. But yea, it sucks I have to turn my phone off for the draft so I don't get spoilers.
Saint Pablo
I get Shams doing it more than I do Woj since Woj works for the company that broadcasts the draft and Shams just works for the Athletic.
Unemployed
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Shams does it too. But yea, it sucks I have to turn my phone off for the draft so I don't get spoilers.
Just don't check Twitter. It's not that difficult.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I never thought of that. Thank you for the recommendation.
Iowaggie
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

I cant get Morey's angle. Normally these leaks are orchestrated to drive up the asking the price or get another team to counter. but usually the deals seems realistic. these deals we keep seeing that morey and the sixers want are so obscene that i think most teams would rather not bother making an offer in the first place, rather than sweeten a preexisting offer.

Right now, Morey seems like "that guy" in fantasy football who sends the ridiculous trade offers and can't understand why no one is even responding to him.
AG
Iowaggie said:

Right now, Morey seems like "that guy" in fantasy football who sends the ridiculous trade offers and can't understand why no one is even responding to him.

Holy **** is that accurate. "I'll give you two WR3s and a TE2 and you give me Mahomes.but the point totals of all 3 guys is better than mahomes so you're getting the better deal!" Yeah, **** that guy
LawHall88
AG

Iowaggie said:

Holy **** is that accurate. "I'll give you two WR3s and a TE2 and you give me Mahomes.but the point totals of all 3 guys is better than mahomes so you're getting the better deal!" Yeah, **** that guy
Bill Simmons calls this the "4 quarters don't equal a dollar" trade offer.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
With The No. 1 Draft Pick, the Detroit Pistons selected Cade Cunningham from Oklahoma State.
Saint Pablo
Who saw that one coming?
West Texan
AG

Damn it.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Who saw that one coming?
Who would have known that 19-year old Cade Cunningham (born on 9/25/01) already has a 3-year old daughter? He even said he was 16, going on 17 when he became a father in 2018. The new NIL rules will tremendously benefit athletes, who become teen parents, while they are in still in high school.

https://celebpie.com/nba-cade-cunningham-girlfriend-who-is-his-baby-momma/
Matt_ag98
No offense but did a dead kid who ran a red light with no seatbelt just get drafted?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.