***NBA Playoffs Thread***

40,264 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

I don't believe Chris Paul said anything to Patrick Beverly. All I saw was Chris Paul walking to the Suns bench, and Patrick Beverly turning around and pushing Chris Paul for absolutely no reason.

Correct, he just looked at him. Here's the replay.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LMAO. I mean Disco Inferno actually deserved that more than CP3 did.
dave94
AG
Khris going off again!
Fat Bib Fortuna
This is the best thing since '99 when Ewing got hurt and the Knicks made the Finals without him.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Teyong to figure out the media narrative that Budengolzer is a terrible coach but tyrone lue and doc rivers are excellent

1 goes down 2 to 0 or 3 to 1 every series
The other blows 25 point leads no mattwr where he coaches

Fat Bib Fortuna
MookieBlaylock said:

Teyong to figure out the media narrative that Budengolzer is a terrible coach but tyrone lue and doc rivers are excellent

1 goes down 2 to 0 or 3 to 1 every series
The other blows 25 point leads no mattwr where he coaches

you definitely typed this in a dark room.
Iowaggie
AG
Congrats Torrey Craig, NBA championship ring earned already.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG

Oop.
cone
AG

tough scene
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The game was very close in the 1st quarter, but the Suns increased a 57-49 halftime lead to 90-70 with 1:42 left in the 3rd quarter. The Bucks cut the Suns' lead to 101-94 with 7:16 left, but the Suns pulled away to win Game 1. With 22 points and 19 rebounds, DeAndre Ayton became the first NBA player to score 15+ points and grab 15+ rebounds in an NBA finals debut since Tim Duncan did it in 1999. Also, the Suns made 25 consecutive free throws before Jae Crowder missed the Suns' 26th free throw attempt with 24.8 seconds left. Otherwise, the Suns would have broken the Portland Trail Blazers NBA finals record of 21 made free throws without a miss in 1992.
Matsui
FTAG 2000
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Oop.

Way to reinforce your virtue signaling by yanking one of your protected class reporters off the sideline. Good job Mouse!
FTAG 2000
AG
cone said:

tough scene

Honestly. Woj always came across as a little twerp. This shouldn't be surprising.
Iowaggie
AG
AG 2000' said:

cone said:

tough scene

Honestly. Woj always came across as a little twerp. This shouldn't be surprising.

Woj seems like a twirp, and I think he's an ass, but Amin is doing the sour grapes and playing race card.

I think if Woj could be the lone breaker of nba news, he would do it because that increases his power and value. It's not like there are a bunch of non "diverse background" reporters breaking the news.

In this day and age of open social media, anybody can be a newsbreaker, and Shams is a pretty good example of that.
hph6203
AG
I spy with my little eye, Jamele Hill.

Jamele Hill suggesting she lost her job strictly for being controversial once upon a time is pretty funny. She didn't lose her job because she had an instance of being controversial, she lost it because she craved controversy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
And she sucked on tv and is not attractive

How she got on tv is baffling
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

And she sucked on tv and is not attractive

How she got on tv is baffling
Cedar09
Middleton with 40 points in game 4!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
After the Phoenix Suns led the Milwaukee Bucks 85-76 with 11:42 left, the Bucks finished the game on a 33-18 run to win Game 4 109-103 and even the series at 2-2. The home team has won every game of the NBA finals. If this trend holds up in the remaining 3 games, the Suns will clinch their first NBA Finals championship in Phoenix in Game 7.
Anchorhold
Not to say Middleton isn't his own man/player, because he is a force to be reckoned with, but those last three minutes did remind me of Acie.

I'm really looking forward to watching what Khris does the rest of the series and in the Olympics.
Cedar09
By the way Booker should have had 8 fouls if the refs were not protecting him!
Iowaggie
AG
Cedar09 said:

By the way Booker should have had 8 fouls if the refs were not protecting him!
Not many people noticed though:

Saint Pablo
Last night was awesome. I thought the Bucks were dead at the end of the third beginning of the fourth. Coming into the series, I wanted the Suns to win, but watching these games I have flipped and hope the Bucks pull it off!
MW03
AG
That block was an all-time NBA moment.
cone
AG
so was the no call on the 6th foul
Bonfired
AG
MW03 said:

It's an overused term, but the athletic ability it took to show on Booker, then turn and time up that alley-oop and send it back clean, all in about 1-2 seconds was incredible.
Iowaggie
AG
Bonfired said:

MW03 said:

It's an overused term, but the athletic ability it took to show on Booker, then turn and time up that alley-oop and send it back clean, all in about 1-2 seconds was incredible.

Plus, in today's social media, he also had the willingness to get dunked on, and he knew it but still went for the block. The majority of guys in the NBA would have started taking ball out of the net or bailing out of there.

Iowaggie
AG
Also, I think Skip Bayless has someone in Kawhi's inner circle feeding him info.

The day after Kawhi injured his knee, Bayless reported that Kawhi wasn't going to come back because he needed surgery. Clips didn't know of the surgery, or that he needed it, until after the surgery happened. There was actually a time before Bayless became a "personality" on TV when Bayless was an investigative journalist.

It will be real interesting to see where he ends up because he can help win the title, but a 3-4 year deal with him yo yo-ing around with his health, I'm not sure it is worth it for a lot of teams.
QuitTrippin
I used to love the NBA (Shaq, Barkley, Jordan era) stopped watching since Lebron likes to open his racist mouth.
But since he's not playing I'm watching the Bucks in the finals, I am amazed at the traveling and ball carrying. Is this the new normal?
Cedar09
I'm amazed that Booker should have fouled out again.
PatAg
AG
Nice of the refs to let the Suns just foul all possession, lol
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Phoenix Suns led the Milwaukee Bucks 37-21 at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, but the Bucks outscored the Suns 79-53 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The Suns had cut it to 120-119 with 37.8 seconds left, but Devin Booker had a costly turnover. Then Giannis Antetokounmpo scored a basket and was fouled. He missed the free throw badly, but the Bucks secured an offensive rebound and Kris Middleton hit 1 of 2 free throws to increase the lead to 123-119. The Bucks snapped the trend of the home team winning every game in the NBA Finals by stealing a road win in Phoenix. With a 3-2 lead, they have an opportunity to clinch an NBA Championship at home on Tuesday.
Fairview20
AG
Outside of the obvious Middleton connection, a little known A&M connection to the Bucks is that Coach Bud's son actually goes to A&M. Believe he was at a football game or two in 2019 as well.
GCP12
AG
Jrue holiday validated that trade for the bucks tonight. He won them and nba title. Up until tonight, he was rightfully being compared to Eric Bledsoe in the playoffs. He changed that completely tonight. He's the reason they won this game. Good for him.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Just a few days ago the media declared the Suns champs and Chris Paul a top 2 pg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.