***NBA Playoffs Thread***

40,285 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was gross
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
After the Milwaukee Bucks crushed the Atlanta Hawks in the previous 2 games by a combined score of 238-193, the Hawks smashed the Bucks by 22 points to even the series, despite Trae Young's absence. Hawks head coach Nate McMillan and his staff did an excellent job of preparing all of their players to maximize their contributions in Game 4 to tie the series at 2-2. Both conference finals will last at least 6 games.
GCP12
AG
Last team that can field a team wins!

It is pretty crazy that the injury gods seem to be looking down on Chris Paul for the first time in his career. Crazy especially with how the Lakers suns series started. Looked like Chris would once again have an injury in the playoffs.
GCP12
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
IF true, and Trae Young can return, I am sure the NBA is loving a potential Suns-Hawks matchup.

As a fan I love it!
MW03
AG
Saint Pablo
I also want to be paid $100,000,000!
MW03
AG
He might be worth a $100MM contract if it's spread over 10 years, and the last 6 are all team options.
Grapesoda2525
Clippers just won't die man.
Iowaggie
AG
Slightly dated (swipe to 2nd image/video). Likely made by Paul George fan who has been waiting 7 years to post something about PG in the post season.

https://instagr.am/p/CQuujOeL24D
GCP12
AG
I don't think it's completely out of the question Schroeder gets $100mill. Probably ends up around 75-80, but $100mill over 5 years is certainly possible.
MookieBlaylock
AG
That guy sucks

He is going to make more than MJ

Cedar09
Patrick Beverley is a little b and needs to get knocked out!
Guitarsoup
AG
MJ made 93mm for his career.

Schroder is at 70mm for his career.

He's close!
MW03
AG
I genuinely like Chris Paul, but he's a hard dude to root for.
GCP12
AG
MW03 said:

I genuinely like Chris Paul, but he's a hard dude to root for.
I agree. It's obnoxious
MW03
AG
If you cut open Deandre Ayton and counted the rings, is there anyway that dude is 22? Also, I love his old man game.
Fat Bib Fortuna
DeAndre Ayton is Greg Oden's father!

Clippers on the ropes. FU, super manufactured teams!
GCP12
AG
I'm not sure the clippers have gotten a stop the entire second half
MW03
AG
CP3 hot 4th. PatBev being the ***** we all know he is. Paul George posing for a missed 3 down 19. Sounds like a Clippers game.
GCP12
AG
Holy ****, Beverly. Wonder what Chris said
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Beverly is a repeat offender of being a little *****. Getting his ass kicked and he can't handle it. **** him.
MW03
AG
Sucker punch of a push. What a damned coward. Go back to the Russian development league, bro. What a chump.
GCP12
AG
I can defend Beverly sometimes because he plays his role, but that was a complete ***** move. Should be suspended to start the season next year.
MW03
AG
He loves "making players uncomfortable" but the truth is he's a mental midget. Paul is mentally ****ing him over so hard while scoring 40. Guy knew he was about to lose a closeout game by 30 so he pulled the rip cord. Total ***** move, plain and simple.
Dr. Horrible
28 damn years!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
After the Phoenix Suns suffered a disappointing 106-92 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers at home in Game 5 just two days ago, they responded in a tremendous way. The Clippers cut the Suns' lead to 89-82 with 1:43 left in the 3rd quarter, but the Suns kept pulling away for a 130-103 rout in Game 6 to defeat the Clippers 4-2 in the Western Conference Finals. Their 27-point margin of victory in Game 6 was 16 points greater than a combined margin of 11 points in their previous 3 wins. The Suns have improved to 12-4 in the NBA playoffs, including 6-2 in road playoff games. 4 of their Suns' 6 road playoff wins were at the Staples Center (Games 4 and 6 against the Lakers in the 1st round and Games 4 and 6 against the Clippers in the Western Conference Finals).

It's incredible that the Suns missed the playoffs for 10 consecutive years and had just winning season (48-34 in 2013-2014) in that span. In fact, the Suns finished 19-63 just 2 years ago. Suns head coach Monty Williams has turned the team around. The Suns started coming together when they went 8-0 in the bubble last year, but fell just short of the playoffs. The addition of Chris Paul has helped the Suns to make their first NBA Finals appearance since 1993. The Suns will have home court advantage against either the Milwaukee Bucks or the Atlanta Hawks and be well-rested. I predict the Suns will beat either the Bucks or Hawks to win their first ever NBA Finals championship.
PatAg
AG
Would have been great if the refs came out and said "the play has been reviewed, and it has been determined that patrick beverly is a p**** a** b****"
Gaius Rufus
Iraq2xVeteran said:

After the Phoenix Suns suffered a disappointing 106-92 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers at home in Game 5 just two days ago, they responded in a tremendous way. The Clippers cut the Suns' lead to 89-82 with 1:43 left in the 3rd quarter, but the Suns kept pulling away for a 130-103 rout in Game 6 to defeat the Clippers 4-2 in the Western Conference Finals. Their 27-point margin of victory in Game 6 was 16 points greater than a combined margin of 11 points in their previous 3 wins. The Suns have improved to 12-4 in the NBA playoffs, including 6-2 in road playoff games. 4 of their Suns' 6 road playoff wins were at the Staples Center (Games 4 and 6 against the Lakers in the 1st round and Games 4 and 6 against the Clippers in the Western Conference Finals).

It's incredible that the Suns missed the playoffs for 10 consecutive years and had just winning season (48-34 in 2013-2014) in that span. In fact, the Suns finished 19-63 just 2 years ago. Suns head coach Monty Williams and James Jones has turned the team around. The Suns started coming together when they went 8-0 in the bubble last year, but fell just short of the playoffs. The addition of Chris Paul has helped the Suns to make their first NBA Finals appearance since 1993. The Suns will have home court advantage against either the Milwaukee Bucks or the Atlanta Hawks and be well-rested. I predict the Suns will beat either the Bucks or Hawks to win their first ever NBA Finals championship.
99% correct. FIFY'ed the tiny omission.

Concur that the Suns are the favorites to win the Finals this year. Suns have a great match-up either way. I remember watching the '93 Suns team try to make the series competitive against the Bulls, but that team was just so good.

I would love for them to bring back those Suns players for Game 1 though, that would be awesome to see as a long-time fan.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
GCP12 said:

Holy ****, Beverly. Wonder what Chris said
I couldn't make anything out in the replay. I didn't even look like CP3 said anything, he just looked at him.
fixer
Who do suns match up better against?

The season series on hawks and bucks doesn't make it very clear.

I guess this comes down to whether Giannis is gonna be playing...
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I don't believe Chris Paul said anything to Patrick Beverly. All I saw was Chris Paul walking to the Suns bench, and Patrick Beverly turning around and pushing Chris Paul for absolutely no reason.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes, I forgot to include Phoenix Suns General Manager James Jones. Before the pandemic suspended the 2019-2020 NBA season, the Suns were 26-39. Then, they went 8-0 in the bubble and fell just short of the playoffs. Because the Suns improved to 51-21 for the 2nd best regular season record in the league, James Jones won the 2020-2021 NBA Executive Year of the Award. He constructed a very deep roster that demonstrate great team chemistry and can overcome injuries or absence to star players. Because of Covid-19 protocols, Chris Paul missed the first 2 games of the Western Conference Finals. But the Suns still took a critical 2-0 lead because the rest of the team stepped up.
Bonfired
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

28 damn years!
...and the hell of it is that they will have the most recent Finals appearance.

Last time the Bucks were in the Finals, Richard Nixon was president (but wasn't going to be for too much longer) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was still known as Lew Alcindor.

Last time the Hawks were in the Finals, they were still in St. Louis and JFK was just beginning his presidency.

Don't really have a rooting interest, and at this point I want to see the healthier team play Phoenix. I think Atlanta, even as young as they are, has more of a killer instinct in them than Milwaukee. They're certainly better coached.
Fat Bib Fortuna
The last time the Suns were in the Finals, i was 19 and home from my freshman year at A&M, working at my local HEB. The night of their Game 6 loss to the Jordans, I got fired for taking a 40 minute break (rather than our allotted 10 minutes) to watch the fourth quarter, then used the "store use only" intercom system to announce to all HEB customers that the Bulls had achieved the three-peat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.