NBA Suspends Season

12,980 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Dan Feldman NBC Sports writer's prediction on the schedules:

• Boston Celtics: Bucks, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, Wizards, Trail Blazers, Grizzlies, Heat
  • Brooklyn Nets: Clippers, Kings, Wizards, Celtics, Magic, Clippers, Magic, Trail Blazers
  • Dallas Mavericks: Suns, Clippers, Kings, Trail Blazers, Suns, Rockets, Jazz, Bucks
  • Denver Nuggets: Spurs, Lakers, Clippers, Thunder, Raptors, Heat, Spurs, Thunder
  • Houston Rockets: Lakers, Trail Blazers, Kings, Bucks, Mavericks, Pacers, 76ers, Raptors
  • Indiana Pacers: 76ers, Heat, Suns, Magic, Rockets, Kings, Clippers, Lakers
  • L.A. Clippers: Nets, Pelicans, Mavericks, Nuggets, Suns, Nets, Pacers, Thunder
  • Los Angeles Lakers: Rockets, Nuggets, Jazz, Jazz, Raptors, Pacers, Trail Blazers,* Heat or Magic*
  • Memphis Grizzlies: Trail Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder, Bucks, Pelicans, Pelicans, Celtics
  • Miami Heat: Bucks, Pacers, Thunder, Nuggets, Suns, Celtics, Raptors, Lakers or Trail Blazers*
  • Milwaukee Bucks: Celtics, Heat, Grizzlies, Wizards, Rockets, Wizards, Mavericks, Raptors
  • New Orleans Pelicans: Kings, Jazz, Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies, Kings, Grizzlies, Magic
  • Oklahoma City Thunder: Jazz, Wizards, Grizzlies, Nuggets, Heat, Nuggets, Suns, Clippers
  • Orlando Magic: Pacers, Kings, Nets, Nets, Pelicans, 76ers, Raptors, Lakers or Trail Blazers*
  • Philadelphia 76ers: Pacers, Wizards, Raptors, Trail Blazers, Suns, Rockets, Magic, Spurs
  • Phoenix Suns: Mavericks, Pacers, Clippers, Mavericks, 76ers, Wizards, Heat, Thunder
  • Portland Trail Blazers: Grizzlies, Rockets, Mavericks, 76ers, Celtics, Nets, Lakers,* Heat or Magic*
  • Sacramento Kings: Pelicans, Nets, Mavericks, Rockets, Magic, Pelicans, Pacers, Spurs
  • San Antonio Spurs: Nuggets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Jazz, Jazz, Nuggets, Kings, 76ers
  • Toronto Raptors: 76ers, Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Bucks, Rockets, Heat, Magic
  • Utah Jazz: Thunder, Pelicans, Grizzlies, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Spurs, Mavericks
  • Washington Wizards: Celtics, Thunder, 76ers, Nets, Bucks, Celtics, Suns, Bucks
*To reach eight games for each team, I had to create three games not on the schedule:
  • Lakers vs. Trail Blazers
  • Lakers vs. Heat or Magic
  • Trail Blazers vs. Heat or Magic
Los Angeles would face whichever of Miami and Orlando that Portland doesn't face (and vice versa).
Iowaggie
AG
Current lottery odds:

1. Golden State: 14.0%
2. Cleveland: 14.0%
3. Minnesota: 14.0%
4. Atlanta: 12.5%
5. Detroit: 10.5%
6. New York: 9.0%
7. Chicago: 7.5%
8. Charlotte: 6.0%
Team 9 > 4.5%
Team 10 > 3.0%
Team 11 > 2.0%
Team 12 > 1.5%
Team 13 > 1.0%
Team 14 > 0.5%

Reminder that last year, the top two picks came from teams tied at 7-9.
Iowaggie
AG
Iowaggie
AG

Isaih Smollett
If nba doesn't want to go, what about the lavar ball league??
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Kyrie Irving preventing LeBron from getting another ring this season because of racial/social injustice was not something I would've banked on at the start of this year.
ElephantRider
AG
We've reached peak Kyrie
West Texan
AG
ElephantRider said:

We've reached peak Kyrie

Players around the league are listening to the sage advice of a man who believes the earth is flat. What a time to be alive.
Aston04
AG
Really rich for an injured player to take a stand against others playing. So brave.
Johnsy3
AG

CFTXAG10
AG
Unless I missed something we have yet to see a player from a team that is actually in contention to win the title this year come out against a resumption of the season. We will have basketball at the end of July.
hph6203
AG
Just wonder how necessary your movement is if NBA basketball is going to derail its progress. I'm not saying it's not important, but you don't really have much faith in it's necessity if you think it can be drowned out by a basketball game.
ElephantRider
AG
Kyrie has proposed that the players start their own league.
i is smart
AG
Kyrie might be the worst at articulating a point that I've ever seen. The players across the league would do well to ignore his "Creed Thoughts".
Iowaggie
AG
If this isn't COVID-19 response, I'm not sure what is.

You are going to spend multiple hours a day banging into each other playing basketball, but don't play DOUBLES ping pong.

Post removed:
by user
Seven Costanza
AG
Obviously soccer stadiums are vastly different than what the NBA will be playing in, but the imitation crowd tarps and fake crowd noise kind of works here. It will be interesting to see how the NBA handles it.

Iowaggie
AG

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
If/when this season resumes, the eventual champ has to have the biggest asterisk next to their name, right? This is like the lockout on crack.
Bones08
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

If/when this season resumes, the eventual champ has to have the biggest asterisk next to their name, right? This is like the lockout on crack.
I've been throwing this hypothetical out recently to some people:

Your team can either win the championship this year or I can guarantee that they will at least win one "normal" championship in 10-20 years.

Almost everyone is taking the championship in 10-20 years.
Iowaggie
AG
BBQ4Me
AG
Good for him. Crappy of his ex to do that to him to pick the one month during the time he would be playing.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Toronto Raptors arrived in southwest Florida yesterday. The reigning NBA champions will start training for the season restart later this week at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, making that school their home base until they head north to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Florida, around July 7. Other teams will be working out at their home facilities, but as the NBA's lone team from outside the U.S., the Raptors would have had some logistical difficulties in having players gather in Toronto to prepare for the trip to Disney.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29349893/toronto-raptors-arrive-florida-set-start-preparations-restart
Iowaggie
AG
Avery Bradley opting out.

He may be replaced by JR Smith.

I know that if I was isolated in Orlando for 2 months, JR Smith, Dion Waiters, Rajon Rondo, Dwight Howard, JaVale McGee and Markieff Morris would be the guys that I'd want to be with.

LeBron still has Anthony Davis and The Bald Mamba by his side.
Iowaggie
AG
Pelicans went from having the easiest schedule remaining in the West, to the easiest schedule remaining, and by far, the easiest schedule in the West.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Guarantee theyll fix a few games to get zion vs lebron in round 1
Iowaggie
AG
Scrimmage schedule.
Something I didn't think I'd be excited to see, but now very much looking forward to watching.

Iowaggie
AG
One of the options for next season is to not start until March, 2021 and run through October, including a pause for the Olympics. I guess that would make it a 2021 season, not a 20-21 season.

The league wants a full 82 game season in arenas.
Iowaggie
AG
For those excited for the re-start, it happens today.
Normally I wouldn't say I'd be that excited about an afternoon scrimmage in July between the Clippers and Magic, but here we are....

Also, this:

hph6203
AG
I was looking through that and was thinking Pacers, 76ers, Suns looked bad and then I saw the Knicks and realized I didn't know what bad looked like. It's like they're not even paying attention.
Iowaggie
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Wizards, Kings and Pelicans have all been eliminated with 2-3 games remaining.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.