Kobe Bryant killed in Helicopter crash

44,671 Views | 297 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Texas A&M said:

'Vanessa Bryant sues helicopter company for deaths'
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28773196/vanessa-bryant-sues-helicopter-company-deaths

Unless this would all be going to the other victim's families, this seems odd (seeing as their family is worth over 1/2 a billion dollars).
This is the same woman who happily accepted a $4 million ring days after her beloved hubby admitted to adultery (via sexual assault allegations). So, who knows?
What does that have to do with anything that is being discussed here?
n_touch
Jordan "Im gonna have to look at another meme of me crying"
nortex97
AG
Pretty darn funny.

BallerStaf2003
AG
rambo_99 said:

Classic lebron - made it all about him and then failed to deliver and lose. There was no doubt in my mind a lebron led lakers team would lose tonight. Living in Los Angeles most people hate him and expected the same outcome.

Where was he at the memorial? Is he not interested unless he can get the limelight?
2008and1
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

rambo_99 said:

Classic lebron - made it all about him and then failed to deliver and lose. There was no doubt in my mind a lebron led lakers team would lose tonight. Living in Los Angeles most people hate him and expected the same outcome.

Where was he at the memorial? Is he not interested unless he can get the limelight?

Not sure if serious or sarcasm. He was there just not on camera. Diana Taurasi referenced him and looked at him when she spoke.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Texas A&M said:

'Vanessa Bryant sues helicopter company for deaths'
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28773196/vanessa-bryant-sues-helicopter-company-deaths

Unless this would all be going to the other victim's families, this seems odd (seeing as their family is worth over 1/2 a billion dollars).

This article goes through the several reasons Vanessa Bryant would sue, even though she doesn't need the money. To put the company out of business, to extinguish any possibility of the Bryant estate being sued by the other families, etc.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/02/25/vanessa-bryant-lawsuit-kobe-crash-key-legal-issues
Pumpkinhead
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

rambo_99 said:

He was at the memorial per list of attendees and news reports. But didn't speak obviously, and because it was odd that he was never shown on TV, there are thoughts that he negotiated with the film crew that cameras would not cover him.

As previous poster mentioned, Diana Taurasi during her speech appeared to look at him while referencing him in her speech, so he apparently was sitting pretty close to the speaker platform.

https://popculture.com/sports/2020/02/24/kobe-bryant-celebration-of-life-lebron-james-was-there-fans-reactions/
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
When he gave the pre-game speech in the first game after Kobe's death, people criticized LeBron for making it about himself. When he requests to not be put on camera during the memorial, people criticized LeBron for not making it about himself.

Y'all are weird, man.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I just think LeBron is fake.

After he bowed to China in the Hong Kong nba controversy, I realize that everything he does is measured and for money.

He's a brand and a product, not a human being.
Pumpkinhead
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I just think LeBron is fake.

After he bowed to China in the Hong Kong nba controversy, I realize that everything he does is measured and for money.

He's a brand and a product, not a human being.
Seen LeBron on T.V. Pretty sure he's a living breathing human being. You on the other hand, I have more doubts. The posting style indicates that you could just be a cynically programmed message board bot.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Sick burn. Sorry I offended Qing James.

Kobe would've stood up for democracy.
lil99chris
AG
I imagine LeBron James does whatever his advisors tell him to do. He believes he needs to do what is best for his brand and the people associated with it. If LeBron speaks negatively about China, there would have been tremendous financial consequences that would have impacted many. Would I have liked for him to stand behind the USA? Absolutely.

When it comes to the LeBron/Kobe situation, this is a no-win situation for LeBron with some of you. LeBron James is the most recognizable player in the NBA right now, he is the leader of the team that Kobe played on, he just passed Kobe's scoring accomplishment, and he is a friend of Kobe's. LeBron was not trying to put the spotlight on himself. He knew whatever he said/did was going to be dissected by his critics. He did not want any of the spotlight yesterday.....and some criticize him.
ac04
don't you get it? lebron isn't perfect, therefore he isn't human.
LawHall88
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Sick burn. Sorry I offended Qing James.

Kobe would've stood up for democracy.
Did he, though?

Kobe was wildly popular in china. i don't recall him publicly taking a position one way or the other on the Daryl Morey controversy.

Quote:

And just two days before he died he posted on the Chinese micro-blogging site Weibo, wishing Chinese fans a happy new year.

"Happy new year, my dear friends in China," Bryant said in the short video. "Thank you for your support this year where you've shown passion and dedication through your hard work. In recognition of this, I'd like to give away my latest Granity Studios books Wizenard series 'Training Camp,' 'Legacy and the Queen' and 'EPOCA: The Tree of Ecrof.'

"I wish you happiness, health and inner magic to achieve more success in the upcoming year of the mouse. Love, Kobe."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2020/02/20/kobe-bryant-nba-legend-used-yearly-china-visits-grow-brand-game/4821386002/
Iowaggie
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Happy Mamba Day. 4 years ago, crazy.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Happy birthday to the GOAT.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
RIP to my favorite player of all-time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.