The Last Dance - ESPN 10-part series coming in June

17,648 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Cappo
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cannot WAIT for this.

Dan Scott
AG
That's gonna be good.
hph6203
AG
So, Justin Timberlake?
Know Your Enemy
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/espn-docuseries-last-dance-may-194423829.html

May be coming sooner than June.
hph6203
AG
Listening to Ol' Clay Travis I see.
Know Your Enemy
AG
No, can't stand that blowhard.
hph6203
AG
Meant ESPN, saw a tweet from him suggesting they do this. Only time I've checked his Twitter in the last 3+ years.
Know Your Enemy
AG
hph6203 said:

Meant ESPN, saw a tweet from him suggesting they do this. Only time I've checked his Twitter in the last 3+ years.

Ah, I get you now. I've seen multiple others suggesting it too.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Please ESPN, just release this **** now. We need it.
Beat40
Seeing Kobe in that is still wild. Will be really weird to watch his stuff knowing he's gone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Release date moved up to 4/19!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Deluxe
AG
INJECT THIS INTO MY VAINS.

I lived in Chicago area from 1989-1996. So pumped for this documentary.
hph6203
AG
I bet you think this song is about you.
Deluxe
AG
Which song?
hph6203
AG
Deluxe
AG
Seems like there's an inside joke here that I'm not getting
hph6203
AG
There are vanes that are like pinwheels,, there are veins of minerals and ore that can make you rich, there are veins that transport blood back to the heart, and there is being vain, which makes you think this song is about you.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Deluxe said:

It's a "you don't know how to spell" inside joke.
Deluxe
AG
Junkhead said:

Deluxe said:

It's a "you don't know how to spell" inside joke.

Haha yea. I was just messing with him.
Know Your Enemy
AG
La Bamba
AG
Premier tonight at 8 CST. Really excited for this.
2008and1
AG
A 10 part mini series on the last season the Spurs missed the playoffs.
Dan Scott
AG
Scottie Pippen is a *****.
CFTXAG10
AG
Pretty clear if it wasn't before that they don't make them like Mike and Kobe anymore. That mindset just doesn't exist.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Dan Scott said:

Nah
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dan Scott said:

I don't necessarily agree with the way he handled things but I can't blame him at all. He was severely underpaid and disrespected by that little ***** Krause.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Krause has the biggest case of small peen disease in the history of sport

No one liked the way Pippen handled it....I bet he isnt proud either......but look who he is dealing with
Boats and Hose
AG
100% agree. Probably one of those moments where he looks back and thinks "I could have handled that better but I learned a valuable lesson." Not sure I can say I would have handled it any better.
JCA1
AG
Reinsdorf must be Cal McNair's Godfather. How you could side with Krause over Phil Jackson and Michael freakin' Jordan is beyond me.
Sports-Ag
AG
JCA1 said:

Reinsdorf must be Cal McNair's Godfather. How you could side with Krause over Phil Jackson and Michael freakin' Jordan is beyond me.

This! How could the owner side with Jerry and then Jerry telling the press before the season starts this is Phil's last year. The audacity to say that and not expect it to hurt the team which they ultimately won a title though.

I was real young during that last title run but didn't know the extremes of the distractions going on. So many questions. I wonder if Phil would have stayed if Jerry didn't say this would be his last year? Would MJ play in 99? Do they bring the team back?
BCSGrubber
AG
Only Jerry Krause would think it is a good idea to not do everything possible to bring MJ back as long as possible.
AggieEyes
AG
Bulls front office were idiots. Plain and simple

Pippen had gotten himself into a crummy contract and compensation. Why not make things right by him and regain his good will and passion for the team? It would only increase the value of the Bulls franchise and brand had they won 1 to 2 more titles.

Really stupid moves by Reinsdorf and Krause, for what, to save a few million dollars?
La Bamba
AG
Some thoughts from the first two episodes:

- What a great documentary so far. I loved the backstories running in parallel to the drama of the 97-98 season. I've read about MJ all my life growing up as a kid but getting those perspectives from the brothers, his Mom, Roy Williams, Dean Smith was awesome. Interesting how they introduced the backstory of the other key members (Scottie in EP 2 and Rodman in EP 3).

- Michael Jordan is what athletics should be about. No doubt in my mind that the Bulls were holding out trying to better their chances for a lottery pick Jordan's second or third season there. And he clearly wanted nothing to do with throwing games away. Just love that he wanted to play. He was driven by the purpose of sport in the purest sense - to compete and win at all costs. Nothing else mattered. It was truly binary with him and that's something that is missing from the NBA today and really diluting it as a product in my opinion. The "depends on how big the f'n headache is" quote was awesome.

- Watching the Scottie Pippen backstory made me feel somewhat sorry for Scottie. I know people will watch that and vilify him for holding out. I agree that he did not go about it the right way. There should have been other avenues to express his disagreement about his contract without hurting the team's chances at achieving history. But to be a Top 50 Player of All Time and be the 6th highest paid player on the Bulls was ridiculous. Just a joke. Plenty of fault to go around in that situation. Also, Scottie was shown to come from a much more humble and modest background than Michael. I think money would have mattered more to the Pippen clan than to the Jordan clan, especially given how much MJ was raking in from endorsements. I mean, Luke f'n Longley was making more $$ than Pippen.
M.C. Swag
AG
lol i low key loved Pippen being like, "I wasn't gonna let this *****my summer"

Great series so far!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.