NBA Top 5 Players

3,008 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WES2006AG
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Including players who are injured....

Rank your current top 5 NBA players

To me its a clear cut top 7 then 3 right after that, always interesting to see who the 2 guys that get left off peoples top 5 list and if anyone is bold enough to try to put any of the next 3 in their top 5.
ATM9000
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

To me its a clear cut top 7 then 3 right after that

Just so you know... everyone else also heard Zach Lowe say basically this exact thing on Bill Simmons too this week and I think they got the top 10 right too... I sort of refuse to rank them further than that.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
1. Kevin Durant
2. LeBron James
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Anthony Davis
5. James Harden
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
6. Giannis Antetokounmpo
7. Steph Curry
8. Dame Lilliard
9. Joel Embiid
10. Paul George
Aggie09Derek
AG
I listened to it, but long before that me and my buddies have been going back and forth on top 5 and who you have to leave out. The next 3 after the 7 are pretty obvious. 11-15 can go any direction for sure.
Guitarsoup
AG
1. Giannis
2. Caruso

No one else is close
ATM9000
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I listened to it, but long before that me and my buddies have been going back and forth on top 5 and who you have to leave out. The next 3 after the 7 are pretty obvious. 11-15 can go any direction for sure.

Top 5 is all relative though. Case in point, most answers you get will have Kawhi in the top 5 right now... I'd wager only 25% or so would if Durant never gets hurt and the Warrior win another title.

That's not bagging on Kawhi... he's worthy of being mentioned with the best of the best... but the ranking of the top 10 guys after just putting them at that level is fickle and circumstantial at best.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I leave out Gianis and AD, but yeah I'm sure after this year AD will be in my top 5 and maybe Gianis. Just interesting to see who people leave out.
500,000ags
AG
I think the better question and debate is how do you keep Top 5 (or 20) level players from using their contracts as fancy toilet paper.
M.C. Swag
AG
1. Giannis
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. AD
5. Kawhi
Aggie09Derek
AG
Woah, haven't seen anyone leave KD out of top 5....interesting. Going forward I guess we will see how much that injury hampers him.
M.C. Swag
AG
An achilles tear is bad enough. But he's on the wrong side of 30 and 7ft tall. I think he'll be good, but his days as an all-nba player are in serious doubt in my eyes.
Guitarsoup
AG
If he plays at 75% of what he used to play, I will be impressed. No way would I put Durant in my top 5 at this point.
NoahAg
M.C. Swag said:

1. Giannis
2. Harden
3. Lebron
4. AD
5. Kawhi

This is my list. KD will never be KD again.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
1) Leonard
2) Greek Freak
3) LeBron
4) Nikola Jokic
5) Steph Curry

Like someone else said, I can't put Durant or Davis in there because they get hurt too much. And as dumb as it sounds, Durant always seems like he's underachieving, a guy that long shouldn't only be getting 7 rebounds a game.

As a 35+ year fan of the Rockets, I can't view Harden objectively. All I see are his playoff flameouts and lack of defense. I'm not sure I would put him in the top 5 even if he averaged 40 a game.
BBQ4Me
AG
1) Kawhi
2) Durant
3) LeBron
4) Giannis
5) Steph
Pumpkinhead
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

1. Kevin Durant
2. LeBron James
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Anthony Davis
5. James Harden
I can't justify putting Harden above Curry. Curry has exceeded Harden in almost every category that matters and is just as an elite scorer, but actually more consistent defender and certainly plays off the ball better. I also think as of right now, Kawhi has to be #1. Particularly if you assume even when Durant returns, that he will be at least slightly diminished version for remainder of his career.

The above said, I think the top-7 guys are LeBron, Durant, Curry, Harden, Giannis, Kawhi, Davis...in no particular order, and would only truly complain about somebody's list if they didn't have any of those guys in a top-7.
BMX Bandit
Kawhi
LeBron
Giannis
Curry
Harden

(need to see Durant again before giving him his spot back)
Saint Pablo
LeBron
Kawhi
Giannis
Curry
Harden

AD and KD could very well be on there, but need to see how they come back
WES2006AG
AG
1. Kawahi
2. Harden
3. Giannis
4. Curry
5. LeBron
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.