Bucks or Raptors Tonite?

2,341 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by saltydog13
QBCade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who you got? Unfortunately, I think the Raptors will close them out tonite. I hope I'm wrong, but the Bucks look done.

Khris was really bad offensively on Thurs night, so hopefully he'll bounce back. Cmon KMid!
TyHolden
AG
I'm a raptor fan now. Only kawhi can take GS down. Spurs fan here btw.
Gigemags382
AG
Wow the Bucks are absolute trash
Gigemags382
AG
And the Warriors will sweep the Raptors
TyHolden
AG
Gigemags382 said:

And the Warriors will sweep the Raptors
probably but kawhi has beaten them by himself before...
EllisCoAg
AG
I've liked Chris Weber as a announcer for a couple of years now, this is a pretty good announcing team
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Gigemags382
AG
What the heck is going on in this game? ESPN game cast has been under 30 seconds left for over 15 min
EllisCoAg
AG
Had to check replay
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Olsen
AG
I like the Warriors/Raptors matchup for the Finals! I have the Warriors winning in 6 games.
Adam87inSA
AG
As a Spurs fan, it stings to see Leonard carry Toronto to the Finals after quitting on San Antonio.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Adam87inSA said:

As a Spurs fan, it stings to see Leonard carry Toronto to the Finals after quitting on San Antonio.

Yup. Completely changed the course of the franchise. Happy for Danny though. And the city of Toronto.
Sports-Ag
AG
After watching this game and series was that really how Milwaukee played all season? They stay outside the 3 point a line and pass then the shot clock is running down and they throw a crazy shot. Their fast break and defensive rebounding was not good.

Looks like the Raptors experience prevailed over the Bucks.

Also, looked like Giannis was not prepared to be double and triple team this series. He will need to learn how to play through that.
Mike Elko
AG
Adam87inSA said:

Makes me loathe him even more, especially playing most of this series "on one leg." Oh well, they'll get swept by Warriors with/without Durant, another biatch player.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Most folks are probably happy for Toronto, a passionate fan base going to their first ever Finals.

Kawhi was amazing. Confirmed he is at least a Top-3 player in the league, if not the best player.

I know some Spurs fans hate Kawhi, but super star NBA players travel around now. LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, And looks like Kyrie Irving & Anthony Davis....they are their own 'brand' that goes beyond any team, and they feel it is their right to go where they want to go.

Toronto has home court advantage vs Golden State and looks like Durant won't play in the first couple of games, best case. And then if Durant does come back, how would that affect GSW's chemistry?

I give this series about 50-50 either way and will be very surprised if doesn't go at least 6.
Btron
AG
Adam87inSA said:

I also don't know if he is truly injured or if the announcers are hamming it up. But frustrating he was too injured to help the Spurs for over a year because he got his feelings hurt.
He is a phenomenal player and I'll be rooting for the Raptors over the warriors. But I might change my mind after they go to Toronto and I see Drake acting a cool.
Adam87inSA
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I know some Spurs fans hate Kawhi, but super star NBA players travel around now. LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, And looks like Kyrie Irving & Anthony Davis....they are their own 'brand' that goes beyond any team, and they feel it is their right to go where they want to go.
Who on that list, you know, besides Leonard, quit on their franchise the entire season before parting ways?

What Leonard did was unforgivably unprofessional, sabotaged his trade value going into last off-season, and screwed the Spurs over royally. Other teams have lost superstars to free agency. That's expected and part of the game. Other teams have traded superstars... who haven't tanked their trade value and were, well, professional.

What Leonard did was spiteful and personal.

Yes, he's a great player. Yes, he won an NBA Finals MVP for SA in 2014 (could've gone to Duncan, but the team and franchise were thrilled for him anyway). But he's persona non grata in San Antonio.
Dad
AG
I'm not even a Spurs fan and I am rooting against Kawhi because of what he did.

On the other side, you have Steph and Klay who are easy to root for even if they are not on your team. I don't really like Draymond's personality a whole lot but I love the way he plays too so it will be easy for me to root for the warriors.
PFG
AG
Toronto v GS is a 4 or 5 game series. GS dispatches them with the same cold blooded work they used against Portland.

GS v HOU was the NBA finals. Winner there takes the ring. GS gets it done and haven't looked back.
schmellba99: Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug
Pumpkinhead
AG
Adam87inSA said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Who on that list, you know, besides Leonard, quit on their franchise the entire season before parting ways?

What Leonard did was unforgivably unprofessional, sabotaged his trade value going into last off-season, and screwed the Spurs over royally. Other teams have lost superstars to free agency. That's expected and part of the game. Other teams have traded superstars... who haven't tanked their trade value and were, well, professional.

What Leonard did was spiteful and personal.

Yes, he's a great player. Yes, he won an NBA Finals MVP for SA in 2014 (could've gone to Duncan, but the team and franchise were thrilled for him anyway). But he's persona non grata in San Antonio.
I didn't get the impression Kawhi's trade value was affected that much by Kawhi sitting out last the season. The drama/conflict between Leonard and Spurs likely wasn't the big issue for other teams.

What seemed to most affect his trade value was any team not named L.A. Something knowing that he was probably just a 'one year rental'. Toronto ended up going for it anyways, knowing that Kawhi is still likely to leave after just one season.

Of course Kawhi is persona non grata in San Antonio. Divorces like that usually don't end well. If you are a Spurs fan, Kawhi f***ed your team over. Similarly, LeBron was persona non grata in Cleveland when he left for Miami...until he came back of course. Kevin Durant is persona non grata in Oklahoma City and the Thunder fans heckle him constantly when he plays there.

Toronto making the Finals for the first time in program history, probably at this point is thinking the trade was worth it regardless now of whether Kawhi does take off for someplace west next month.
saltydog13
AG
LiveOak said:

GS v HOU was the NBA finals. Winner there takes the ring. GS gets it done and haven't looked back.

Not even remotely true. Kawhi shuts down Harden no problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.