I have never liked Michael Jordan

11,019 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Guitarsoup
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thing that hasn't been done since Wilt is a joke. Great take factory from the Harden haters.
racerfink
Wow. I just never liked Jordon because he was a pr!<k with a gambling problem so bad, it got his dad killed.
NickNaylor
PrimeTime09 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Frok said:

Bunk Moreland said:

I think his streak is fraudulent because of his ridiculous travels and phantom foul calls he draws. But hey, he's exploiting the ****tiness that is regular season NBA basketball so good on him.

LOL. I love watching Harden just continue to dominate and rattle fragile fans
Meh... 44% from the field and 37% from 3 while averaging 5.4 TOs per game. The dude gets BS calls every time he touches the ball and shoots over 10 FTs per game. Biggest flopper/traveler in the league and always gets rewarded.
This is hilarious to me. Referees and the league know how Harden plays better than you or I...I guess they're just big time Harden fans and they like to give him freebies?

When you see coaches telling their guys to literally hold their hands behind their back to stop from fouling him, and they STILL can't help themselves from getting him across the arm when he shows the ball, that's just a guy playing unstoppable offense.

Don't like all the free throws? Stop him from blowing past you when you're worried about the step back three.

You mean step-step-step-step back three
Texan_Aggie
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Not a fan. Have no team to root for. I've watched maybe 30 minutes of NBA basketball this year and both times the Rockets happened to be on. Used to root for players but even that has become too much. I barely watch because it's a god awful product. Maybe the league should work on getting folks like me interested again.
Could have guessed this by your initial post and subsequent post about Harden.

Sawft is a sin.
True Anomaly
AG
As a Mavs fan, I would like to hate on Harden- and still kinda do- but it's hard to do when we now have our own traveling step-back-3 player who is starting to get a disproportionate number of foul calls
claym711
AG
No one really cares about Hardin or his 30 point streak (stat that will be forgotten in a week). Just waiting on his inevitable playoff Hudini show.
TREX01
claym711 said:

No one really cares about Hardin or his 30 point streak (stat that will be forgotten in a week). Just waiting on his inevitable playoff Hudini show.
This x 10000000
SquirrellyDan
AG
claym711 said:

No one really cares about Hardin or his 30 point streak (stat that will be forgotten in a week). Just waiting on his inevitable playoff Hudini show. the NBA regular season.
FIFY. But you're right, the streak doesn't mean anything. What does mean something is that Harden will have the highest PPG over a season in NBA history of anyone not named Wilt, Kobe, Jordan, or Rick Berry. That's impressive, no matter what you think of how he got there.

EDIT: It's actually now only Jordan and Wilt.
Texan_Aggie
AG
So many fans of other teams obsessed with Harden.
The Collective
AG
I tend to agree with Jordan. He was great on a team that won championships. That's all that really matters in the end.
AggieEP
This is an interesting conversation, especially because most of Jordan's most impressive statistical achievements happened during the 80's when he wasn't winning championships. Not that 90's Jordan still wasn't putting up bonkers numbers, but 80's Jordan was unreal. Jordan didn't win championships until he found the right balance between dominating and letting his (maybe trusting his) teammates help him. I'll always remember him letting Paxson and Kerr hit game winning shots in the finals because it was the right play to make. 80's Jordan takes the shot no matter what, even if 2-3 guys are checking him.

I think we've seen this year a bit of a change in that regard from Westbrook where he's still getting his numbers but he's realized that he's playing with PG and it's in his interest to let PG help him win. This Thunder team could actually make some noise if Westbrook finds his shot even a little bit.

Harden was kind if in this zone 2-3 years ago but he's regressed this year. Part of the regression is out of necessity because of the injuries but another part of it is him just plain not sharing the load like he can/should to get other guys in a rhythm. The streak is impressive in terms of the insane load he's carrying and that his efficiency hasn't suffered too much, but it's not a recipe for winning.
JW
AG
Defense was much tougher in Jordan's era.
MGS
Jordan was also an excellent defender.
C Loves L
JW said:

Playing devil's advocate... they were allowed to play defense back then. Now you have to try to play defense which is very DIFFICULT
Silent For Too Long
claym711 said:

His post season stats are on par with his regular season stats.

Another myth that gets constantly perpetuated without any actual substance to back it up.

He's had a couple bad post season games (so has every other player, Curry, Durrant, etc), but he's also had some great ones.

I can't think of another player since maybe Kobe where people would go out of there way to cling to complete false narratives just to throw shade at them.
AustinAg2K
JW said:

The rules were also different, allowing MJ to isolate a defender in a one on one situation. Now that zone is allowed, it's much harder to do that.
Guitarsoup
AG
Imagine Jordan doing this *****

PatAg
AG
I really wonder if the NBA is going to consider some sort of penalty for flopping, They'd have to differentiate between exaggerating a foul that is occurring and an actual flop like this Harden video.
Beat40
Once, Lebron, when accused of being a flopper, said it's a part of the game now and he will do anything that gives him an advantage

I actually think you're wrong. I think Jordan would do anything that gives him an advantage if the league he played in was anything like the league is currently.

Also, I've actually gotten to the point where I don't care about flopping at all anymore because of the above. Everyone does it, even the stars. I think the refs have gotten much better at determining what is a flop and what isn't. Sure, they get fooled still, but I feel like I see way less than in previous years.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I don't like it, but most of today's stars incorporate it into their game. Guys from the past era did it a lot, too.
jteagle
AG
PrimeTime09 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I don't like it, but most of today's stars incorporate it into their game. Guys from the past era did it a lot, too.
I don't think most of them do it to that extent.
Iowaggie
AG
I liked Mike.

Pumpkinhead
AG
Anybody who remembers watching Jordan knows he is GOAT. Jordan in his prime vs Harden in his prime, give me MJ every time. First, Jordan was awesome both on offense AND defense, and Jordan was a stone cold killer and more ruthless then my impression Harden is.
TPS_Report
AG
C Loves L said:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Michael Jordan said James Harden's streak of 30 straight 30-point games and Russell Westbrook's 10 straight triple-doubles are both impressive and tough to accomplish.

But the Charlotte Hornets' owner said Tuesday -- flashing a big grin -- that there is one accomplishment tougher than both of those feats: "Which is harder from the player's standpoint? Six championships, by all means."

So does this mean Robert Horry's 7 championships is even more impressive? The dude can't stand the fact that today's players are putting up numbers he couldn't or didn't
Hmmm... Jordan played in an era where physical defense was allowed. Not sure the comparison is valid.
claym711
AG
claym711 said:

Rockets should run it back again next year
MondayMorningQB
AG
What a joke op. Nice troll.

Jordan would never flop.

Jordan has a skill unmatched by any modern era elite player. Grit. He did what ever was needed to win. Period.

Team championships >>>>>>> individual accomplishments

Harden disappears in playoffs. Fun player to watch otherwise.

/thread
BBQ4Me
AG
32 pts per game this playoffs. You think that's disappearing?
MondayMorningQB
AG
UMichAg said:

32 pts per game this playoffs. You think that's disappearing?

Is he playing now?
MondayMorningQB
AG
I'll see your 32 and raise you 64 in a loss
http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/22111970

And how about Jordan's 63 in a losing effort to Celtics championship run?

Points are meaningless ..
BBQ4Me
AG
If you watched a minute of the playoffs, you'd realize it was Chris Paul's failings to blame
Guitarsoup
AG
UMichAg said:

If you watched a minute of the playoffs, you'd realize it was Chris Paul's failings to blame
Or maybe DMorey's for signing an old ass Chris Paul to a long, max contract at the end of his career.

Only 3 years and 125mm to go!
MondayMorningQB
AG
Clown argument. How about 8 mins in the fourth quarter Harden didn't attempt a shot to end the game?

Bring some facts.
Texan_Aggie
AG
MondayMorningQB said:

Clown argument. How about 8 mins in the fourth quarter Harden didn't attempt a shot to end the game?

Bring some facts.
I guess I'm confused with your inconsistent argument, points are "meaningless" unless they're in the last 8 minutes of the game? Could have sworn they counted no matter when they were scored.

Your facts are wrong in that Harden did make a shot at the very end to bring the Rockets within 3 with 18 seconds to go, but I understand you are trying to push the narrative that Harden doesn't deliver so that may not matter to you. The Rockets had good possessions down the stretch and got the shots they wanted, but just didn't deliver. Harden is not Kobe, though it sounds like he maybe should be in order to escape criticism.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTdod_IxKzWPVjfo-U0neU1afqkkZE4FyVlt-LkHXrfJuIMZFUf
BBQ4Me
AG
MondayMorningQB said:

Bring some facts.

I literally brought facts - his scoring average. You brought opinions.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.