Lebron declares himself GOAT

3,955 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by kb2001
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-declares-himself-the-greatest-player-of-all-time-because-of-championship-with-cavaliers/

not exactly how it works moron...
you will never be the real 23
PatAg
AG
the fact that he chose that number, should invalidate his statement
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Kobe Bean Bryant would like a word.
zooguy96
Lame. Just like he's always been. Self absorbed. Queen James.

Why he'll never sniff Jordan's jock. Jordan knew he was the best and played like his life depended on it. He didn't have to pick his own team, and also was 6-0 in championships.

Snowflake.
Enzo The Baker
AG
To be fair it's taken out of context a little. I think it's hyperbole more than anything. And if he's not the greatest, I have him at a close second.

Kobe is barely top 10.
Johnsy3
AG
Michael
Lebron
Kareem
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Hakeem
Oscar
Duncan
Kobe
Russell
Shaq
hph6203
AG
I wonder if Jordan has ever told anyone he's the best player ever. I bet not, doesn't seem like the kind of guy. No ego on him.

It would be one thing if JR Smith was out there saying he's the best ever, but it's not. Lebron is the clear cut #2 player all-time and according to the advanced metrics he is at worst equal to if not better than Jordan and by the end of his career he's going to be far statistically superior to Jordan.
Isaih Smollett
No ego on Jordan lol
MookieBlaylock
AG
It's jordan and it ain't even close

Only people that think this are millenials

And Duncan is way better than Akeem
MW03
AG
****, if that's the argument LBJ, then Dirk is the GOAT for beating your super team ass in 2011.
Guitarsoup
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Kobe Bean Bryant would like a word.
PatAg
AG
machine20 said:

No ego on Jordan lol

For real. I think LeBron has gotten to the point where I don't think someone is stupid for suggesting he is the best. But it's still Jordan
Enzo The Baker
AG
machine20 said:

No ego on Jordan lol

Pretty certain that was sarcasm.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If he somehow manages to win a title in LA, I think you hand it to him. Until then, I'm giving it to Jordan who could have a straight decade's worth of titles.
hph6203
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

machine20 said:

No ego on Jordan lol

Pretty certain that was sarcasm.
Accurate. If Lebron doesn't say if, then no one will. No one is ever going to put together a career that is so obviously superior to Jordan's that they can definitively say that they're better, but the fact that there's even a whisper of an argument to be made says a lot about Lebron, because the third place guy doesn't even sniff Lebron or Jordan.
piag94
AG
Bron needs to stick to being a self absorbed racist
letters at random
Lebron might well be the greatest of all time.
Seven Costanza
AG
hph6203 said:

I wonder if Jordan has ever told anyone he's the best player ever.
claym711
AG
Lebrun has already played more games than Jordan and has no chance of passing Jordan
My Dad Earl
AG
My hot sports opinion: If I'm a team captain and choosing between Lebron and MJ... I'm taking Lebron.
C Loves L
If I was Lebron I would too
kb2001
AG
Lebron is a great player. Jordan is the GOAT, and it isn't close. Considering MJ played 15 years, and Lebron is in his 15th year, numbers can be compared, even if Lebron has a few more games under his belt

By the stats, Jordan is a better scorer and defender, Lebron is a better rebounder. Lebron's best scoring season was a 30.0 avg, good for the scoring title that year. MJ's career avg is 30.1, winning 10 scoring titles. Keep in mind that Lebron plays in the extremely offense-friendly game of today vs Jordan who played in the days of getting mugged for entering the paint. Lebron made the all-defensive team 6 time, MJ made it 9 times and was DPOY once.

Rings are obviously in Jordan's favor, but when you look at playoff performance, you get the story of one guy who couldn't lose, and one guy who never lived up to his hype. MJ is known for domination in the playoffs, Lebron is known for disappearing, and getting outplayed by Jason Terry. MJ played with essentially one All-star on his team in Pippin, Lebron played for the super team who was supposed to win 8 titles

Most of all, to even be considered in the conversation for the GOAT, you have to come through in clutch situations. Big players make big plays in big games. To be the GOAT, this is a must.

When considering clutch shooting, there are stats kept these days on it. When shooting to tie or go-ahead in the last 5 seconds of a game, the league shooting percentage is 22%, Lebron's average is 10%. Not only is Lebron not clutch, he is the anti-clutch compared to his contemporaries. Look no further than his "greatest" achievement bringing a title to Cleveland, it was Kyrie that took the shot, not Lebron. These numbers aren't kept for MJ, I think we all remember his last shot as a Bull

MJ vs Lebron:

Lebron vs Larry Legend, some stats in here:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.