*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

729,337 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rivers has been a good addition that will help keep cp3's minutes down.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Thon maker looking for a trade. Seems like a center/ forward that can step out
Harry Dunne
CFTXAG10 said:

Still early on in his tenure with the Rockets, but I feel like last night's Faried performance was a glimpse into why Morey wasn't willing to overpay Clint Capela
Good point. Capela is just entering his prime and has a much higher ceiling IMO, but there are guys like Faried that can be had cheaply that can give you similar production, if not quite as good as Capela...while freeing up salary to get other pieces.

With CP and Harden, the center needs to be a guy that doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective and there wouldn't be a point of having another guy that needs touches. That's part of the reason Melo was such a bust (that and he's a shadow of what he was). What we need is offensive rebounding, good screens, rim defender...gets his baskets off putbacks, lobs & drop offs. DeAndre Jordan in his prime was the highest-end example and that type of guy playing in this offense a guy like that can really shine. Since players like that can't really create, they are dependent on the right situation to be effective and so guys like Faried end up in crap situations and are undervalued...and of course Morey is there to pounce.

Anyway I love Capela and I think we are just scratching the surface of what he can be, but I also think a huge part of the reason why he is so good and his numbers are so good are the guys he is playing with. I don't think he's going to be getting 20 and 20 playing for the Kings.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Thon maker looking for a trade. Seems like a center/ forward that can step out

7'1" great athlete and pretty good 3 pt shooter. We could go big but not lose switchability or 3 pt shooting.
Bulldog73
AG
Wasn't there a poster on this board swearing he'd be a top 5 player in the NBA by the time he was a 5 year veteran?
k20dub
AG
Hickory High
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Wasn't there a poster on this board swearing he'd be a top 5 player in the NBA by the time he was a 5 year veteran?

It was me, but that was based on the knowledge that Thon was coming in as an 18 year old. We later found out that he's most likely about 24 or 25 years old.
Hickory High
AG
We probably don't have the assets to make it happen though. I would imagine the Bucks will have a high asking price, and they can take their time.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Hickory High said:

Bulldog73 said:

It was me, but that was based on the knowledge that Thon was coming in as an 18 year old. We later found out that he's most likely about 24 or 25 years old.

Well legally he's currently 21
Hickory High
AG
Sudan has never been a country known for its skills in legal record-keeping though.

IIRC it was the NBA doctors that said he's more like 24 or 25.
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

Bulldog73 said:

Hickory's hot takes are so outrageous that I read them all in Stephen A. Smith's voice.
Hickory High
AG
What are you talking about?

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/745966263525122050?

https://www.theringer.com/2016/6/29/16042548/thon-makers-age-controversy-could-change-the-draft-as-we-know-it-eb82d46c2273
Hickory High
AG
This game is terrible so far
CFTXAG10
AG
So this CP3 to Manimal connection is fun
canadiaggie
AG
It's gonna take some time to get CP3 reintegrated back into the offense
dshedd41
S
Having Kenneth Farried is great
Gig’em Aggies!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Our D is so damn bad lately....
WES2006AG
AG
We are making the Magic look like the best team ever
CFTXAG10
AG
We don't have the bodies to defend both Vucevic and Gordon. Tucker is getting bullied.
mwm
The is the second time Orlando has outplayed, outhustled the Rockets. You'd think the Rockets' coaching staff would have prepared...the Orlando staff did. ugly.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

We don't have the bodies to defend both Vucevic and Gordon. Tucker is getting bullied.

This is the drawback to not playing a real PF
CFTXAG10
AG
And being outrebounded 17-2 on the offensive boards is ridiculous. They've gotten some lucky bounces but not 15.
rvk246
AG
It's very frustrating how Harden keeps taking these threes even when he's ice cold
Harry Dunne
Capela needs to ditch the Cheeto square and grow some dreads in solidarity with our other bigs.
Dan Scott
AG
Harden not making his shot. 16/61 last 4 games
Dan Scott
AG
17/62
mwm
That was one heckuva offensive rebound by Farried. In between 2 Magic players.
CFTXAG10
AG
MVP!
Harry Dunne
Much better finish tonight. Not a coincidence with CP back.
k20dub
AG
40 piece for the beard. Good to have CP back
3rdGen2015
AG
12/6/5 on 50% shooting, welcome back CP3.
CFTXAG10
AG
This game reminded me of last years squad. Could sleepwalk through three quarters and then go for the knockout in the 4th.

3 W's in a row.
Harry Dunne
mwm said:

That was one heckuva rebound by Farried.
I'm going to fire off a hickory-level hot take and say I like him out there better than Capela. Manimal is a grittier, more active player. Capela has more size and skill and in a year or two year is going to be at a different level but IDK that he's ever going to play with Faried's speed and hunger.
Texaggie7nine
3rdGen2015
AG
Faired can't sniff Capela's jock in terms of rebounding and defense. Don't get me wrong, he's a good fit but he's not better than Capela.
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.